Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85
Default Majority of americans want Higher taxes on rich and deep spending cuts.

Looks like according to a recent CNN poll that most Americans- vast majority of them I might add want the proposal that Obama and the Dems offered which was deep spending cuts and Higher Taxes on the Rich and corporations.

This let's me know who America stands behind during this debt crisis. Americans overwhelmingly want the Rich to pay their fair share- unlike the Republicans who rather give more tax breaks to the Wealthy.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...uts/?hpt=hp_t2
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

New Flash. . . News Flash. . . The majority of men want all pussy to be free. Redistribution called for. . . News Flash. . . News Flash, majority of people willing to vote money for themselves from other peoples' pockets.

What a joke.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

News flash.......51% of American households have no skin in the game = i.e. don't pay federal taxes....interpretation for the liberal tweekres = they want more and more free shit from those of us who pay their tab !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
browofdestiny
Registered Member

News flash....of those 51% over half of them make more than $500,000 per year household income. Fact, not interpretation.
browofdestiny is online now   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

NEWS FLASH!!when the looters come to AMERICA, the store owners are armed!!
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I would lilke to see a link that supports your contention..I have searched and can't find it..if it exists, please post so we can judge for ourselves.....here is what Politifact has to say about the 51%..note in paragraph #10 they cast doubt on your claim, saying the following:

"However, because high earners have so much income liability, the breaks they get still don’t lower their taxes to zero. By contrast, popular lower- and middle-income breaks such as child credits and mortgage interest deductions do get a big share of the population off the hook. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by browofdestiny View Post
News flash....of those 51% over half of them make more than $500,000 per year household income. Fact, not interpretation.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default I Can Go With That

I am willing to pay some more in taxes if there is a willingness for the Government to make substantial cuts in the runnaway spending.

What are the odds.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
seventonine
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Looking at it from the State's perspective, what happens when taxation on the rich turns around and bites them in the ass?

See WSJ article, Mar 2011: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...592684626.html

"...Nearly half of California's income taxes before the recession came from the top 1% of earners.... In New York before the recession, the top 1% of earners, who made more than $580,000 a year, paid 41% of the state's income taxes in 2007, up from 25% in 1994, according to state tax data. The top 1% of taxpayers paid 40% or more of state income taxes in New Jersey and Connecticut. In Illinois, which has a flat income-tax rate of 5%, the top 15% paid more than half the state's income taxes."

And, we all know how the States are struggling to meet their budget issues so apparently the rich haven't been successful in bailing them out yet.

The notion that tax increases on the "rich" is going to somehow solve our deficit crisis and fund unlimited supplies of money for future giveaway programs is pure horse pucky.

I am in favor of closing loopholes that enable tax payers (both great and small) to avert their tax bills. Honestly, I look for these same loopholes because they put more money in my pocket. And everyone else does too when they find them. Why, for some reason, do we expect less from the guys making a lot of money and have accountants on their payrolls to do less than we would?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a flat tax because I see it turning into the same scenario as the stamps you buy at the post office. The cost just goes up and up and up with no real justification except that USPS has to cover so many retirees.

I'm just tired of everyone trying to win votes on the "let's tax the rich while lowering your tax bill" podium. It's nothing more than an attempt at buying votes by a bunch of politicos, on both sides of the isle, that don't have the balls to seriously address both sides of the problem.
seventonine is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
News flash.......51% of American households have no skin in the game = i.e. don't pay federal taxes....interpretation for the liberal tweekres = they want more and more free shit from those of us who pay their tab !
Here's what's misleading about what you just posted Whirlway and here's my source that refutes what you just posted:
The fact that a household does not pay federal income taxes does not mean it escapes paying taxes, or even federal taxes. State income tax systems set different criteria for exempting households from taxes. All wage-earners pay Social Security and Medicare taxes. Those who own real estate pay property taxes. Drivers pay federal and state gas taxes.The federal government and state governments charge excise taxes on such things as alcohol, tobacco and phone service. And sales taxes apply to everyone who shops.

You make it seem Whirlway that these 51% pay no taxes at all- as when they go shopping- fuel up at the pump, state taxes etc- are these 51% exempt from paying taxes at all? You do there is other taxes out there besides income taxes correct?
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
tttalinky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
New Flash. . . News Flash. . . The majority of men want all pussy to be free. Redistribution called for. . . News Flash. . . News Flash, majority of people willing to vote money for themselves from other peoples' pockets.

What a joke.

So true Iaintliein!

We need more people with your views in Washington, and shitcan the ones we have now!
tttalinky is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
Tetas
Perineum Access

Encounters: 8

When they're calling a small business owner, such as myself, that grosses more than 200K a year "rich", fuck them and the horse they rode in on!
How am I supposed to expand my business and put more people to work if I'm "rich", need to pay more taxes and I can't hardly pay my own bills and keep the doors open on my shop?

Also, you fuckers that always want higher taxes on the coorperations keep forgetting that if those corporations don't hire you then you're getting a freaking check from the government. (IE ME and everyone else that WORKS FOR A LIVING!)
And the other part of the population that is NOT employed by major corps probably have half their 401k in them, whether they know it or not.

Damn, I try and stay out of they political "debates" but sometimes I get so SICK of hearing the same old shit!
The vast majority of Americans will vote themselves a pay-raise at every chance they get, especially if everyone else is paying the tab, but most of them are stupid.

We DO NOT have an income problem, we have a SPENDING problem!!!!
Tetas is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I thought lower taxes were a great thing!

Make up your mind, the Bush tax cuts made it where some folks do not pay FEDERAL taxes.

How is it you bitch about high tax rates on one hand and bitch that some working folks don't pay enough taxes on the other.

Sounds like what you really want is the person with a 7 dollar an hour job to pay more in taxes than he already does. Poor SOB can barely afford to pay all his local taxes and your ass wants him to pay more in FEDERAL taxes so some rich bastard won't have to.

Sounds like you need to go back to 8th grade and learn the difference between regressive taxes and progressive.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventonine View Post
Looking at it from the State's perspective, what happens when taxation on the rich turns around and bites them in the ass?

See WSJ article, Mar 2011: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...592684626.html

"...Nearly half of California's income taxes before the recession came from the top 1% of earners.... In New York before the recession, the top 1% of earners, who made more than $580,000 a year, paid 41% of the state's income taxes in 2007, up from 25% in 1994, according to state tax data. The top 1% of taxpayers paid 40% or more of state income taxes in New Jersey and Connecticut. In Illinois, which has a flat income-tax rate of 5%, the top 15% paid more than half the state's income taxes."

And, we all know how the States are struggling to meet their budget issues so apparently the rich haven't been successful in bailing them out yet.

The notion that tax increases on the "rich" is going to somehow solve our deficit crisis and fund unlimited supplies of money for future giveaway programs is pure horse pucky.

I am in favor of closing loopholes that enable tax payers (both great and small) to avert their tax bills. Honestly, I look for these same loopholes because they put more money in my pocket. And everyone else does too when they find them. Why, for some reason, do we expect less from the guys making a lot of money and have accountants on their payrolls to do less than we would?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a flat tax because I see it turning into the same scenario as the stamps you buy at the post office. The cost just goes up and up and up with no real justification except that USPS has to cover so many retirees.

I'm just tired of everyone trying to win votes on the "let's tax the rich while lowering your tax bill" podium. It's nothing more than an attempt at buying votes by a bunch of politicos, on both sides of the isle, that don't have the balls to seriously address both sides of the problem.
In New York , in the city where I live the competency in math and english for students grade 3-8 is between 26-28% despite the highest liberal spending per student nationwide.Their solution is to raise property taxes 3% across the board.Put up 150 red light cameras. Increase the parking patrols to ticket if your more than 12" from the curb.etc..etc... increase police road block check points...
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
seventonine
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

To Riday's point:

At $200k per year, Riday is probably only a few tax years away from being classified in the "Super Rich" category. 39.6% tax bracket here you come!!
seventonine is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

The tax laws are exclusively written for the rich and the corporations in this country. Whether your a Democrat, Republican, Tea Party, or Libertarian it doesn't matter. The poor and the middle class have always been getting fucked over by the rich, always have and always will. Thats the sad truth. When the Democrats and Republicans finally lose power in this country; thats when the people will see true change in this country. Why? Because the same mafia groups up in Washington that are used to having the power will no longer be in charge.
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women