Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70759
biomed162936
Yssup Rider60579
gman4453258
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48539
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42122
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
Revenant
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default George Will column - What if Texas goes blue?

This is what happens when the IFFYs of the world spend all of their political capital fighting gay marriage and other stupid social issues:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will072016.php3

If Texas goes Democratic, they will be virtually assured of having 270 electoral votes from a solid block of 19 states and DC. NY, CA, IL, and TX will all be blue states.

The GOP has squandered the last 20 years fighting and losing on social issues. If that had focused on fiscal conservatism, economic nationalism, and controlling unfettered immigration, they wouldn't be in such a mess.

Instead, we got all that evangelical Christian bullshit from a bunch of adulterous hypocrites that distracted from the disappearing middle class.
Revenant is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #2
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
This is what happens when the IFFYs of the world spend all of their political capital fighting gay marriage and other stupid social issues:

If Texas goes Democratic, they will be virtually assured of having 270 electoral votes from a solid block of 19 states and DC. NY, CA, IL, and TX will all be blue states.

The GOP has squandered the last 20 years fighting and losing on social issues. If that had focused on fiscal conservatism, economic nationalism, and controlling unfettered immigration, they wouldn't be in such a mess.

Instead, we got all that evangelical Christian bullshit from a bunch of adulterous hypocrites that distracted from the disappearing middle class.
I agree. Get the Fukin religion out of the platform.

I no more need some bible thumping baptist preacher telling me what to do than I do a radical Muslim Mullah.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:39 AM   #3
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Texas turning blue?

Good luck with that shit!
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
Revenant
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Texas turning blue?

Good luck with that shit!
Did you read the article? Or just blow smoke out your ass?

Demographics are changing. People from blue states are moving here and bringing their left wing politics with them. And Hispanics are a bigger and still growing percentage of the population.

So, yeah, you might well see Texas flip. Dallas used to be solidly Republican. Now it is solidly Democratic. Just like Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.

In other words, ALL the big cities are Democratic already. What next, if not the entire state? Bye-bye Louis Gohmert.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
gfejunkie

Not in your lifetime, jackass.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
SassySue
BANNED

User ID: 349346

Quote:

I doubt very much Texas will turn blue. It's a very strong red state.

Look at this current graph:

http://electiongraphs.com/2016ec/
SassySue is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #7
Revenant
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Not in your lifetime, jackass.
Really? Not in my lifetime? How about in the next presidential election?

Try reading this part of the article again:

"In 2000, Republican candidates at the top of the ticket -- in statewide races -- averaged about 60 percent of the vote. By 2008, they averaged less than 53 percent. And Republican down-ballot winners averaged slightly over 51 percent."

The GOP is BARELY winning in Texas.

Texas going blue has been a topic for 5 years or more - except to folks like you. You have your head in the sand.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #8
Revenant
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySue View Post
I doubt very much Texas will turn blue. It's a very strong red state.

Look at this current graph:

http://electiongraphs.com/2016ec/
That is for the Electoral College in the current election (2016). I'm not talking immediately. I don't expect Texas to flip in November.

i am talking about over the next 5 years - 10 years tops. If demographics keep moving in the current direction, what then?
Old 07-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #9
wildcharlie
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

There are 2.5 million Hispanic citizens in Texas that are not registered to vote. Their participation would change everything.
wildcharlie is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #10
gfejunkie

Quote:
i am talking about over the next 5 years - 10 years tops. If demographics keep moving in the current direction, what then?
Not if they keep practicing self-genocide, no.

(Message to all liberals: Please keep taking full advantage of Roe vs Wade.)
Old 07-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #11
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

the problem is thinking: "everyone I know is a hard working, right thinking, common sense texan so texas cant turn blue"

but you don't know everyone

and everyone isn't a hard working, right thinking, common sense, born here person

and the spread of voting yourself a paycheck, greedy, covetousness, who cares I want everything I can get right now for me thinking is a growing, ugly pervasiveness
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #12
SassySue
BANNED

User ID: 349346

Quote:
That is for the Electoral College in the current election (2016). I'm not talking immediately. I don't expect Texas to flip in November.

Oh, I see what you are saying now. I also found this link of electoral college graph which is interesting. It shows Texas as now leaning republican. A lot of the Hispanic population in Texas are unregistered voters though. However, they do have a lot of Black voters and women. Trump is losing the majority of Hispanic, Black, and women votes. Also, many of the young voters who wanted Bernie Sanders. His own racial comments did it.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ecast_omniture
SassySue is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:38 AM   #13
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Just this morning I read in the newspaper how the Texas Voter ID law was 'kicked in the nuts'
The Hispanics remember how they were treated as second class citizens, and with Trump demonizing them, guess who they will vote for.

In the days of Bush Jr, he got 50% of the Hispanic vote. but not now...
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:06 AM   #14
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcharlie View Post
There are 2.5 million Hispanic citizens in Texas that are not registered to vote. Their participation would change everything.
Them not being registered has never stopped the dumbascraps for getting them to vote " early and often ". Look at Box 13 and Lyin Lyndon Johnson's 1948 Senate win and how many unregistered voters and " absentee " cemetery dwellers voted for Lyin Lyndon. And now with the decision from the 5th circuit court, they're free to vote out in the open " early and often ".
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #15
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Where were you in 1948, Gey Rey? Had your parents swum the Rio Grande yet?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women