Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default Touched by Obamacare and not in a good way

Got the certified letter just a couple of days ago. My primary care physician is tossing me off his list along with everyone else in his practice. There is no reason given in the letter but we did talk about this. It seems that my type II diabetes is not under control by Obamacare standards. So everytime I see my doctor and the numbers are not within Obama guidelines, he (and his practice) get a black mark on their records. This means that somewhere along the way the amount of money they get for providing Medicare medicine will go down. So I'm cut loose in order to save themselves. Now I have to go find another doctor in the system or go back to the VA. This new doctor also has the option of reading my files and deciding that I'm a bad bet. Then I become uninsurable (unless I want to pay outrageous rates) which then leaves me OBAMACARE. This herding was predicted by us back in 2010 and is coming true.

Enrollement if half of what was predicted and one third of what is needed to continue the program without impressive subsidies from the government. Those subsidies would negate the entire purpose of Obamacare. Can you say "death spiral"?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Type II? Uncrontrolled?

When you look at a menu do you say "OK?"

You know how much sugar is in a bottle of Boone's Farm?

Taxpayers are supposed to pay for you to be a lazy fuck?

Taker.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Got the certified letter just a couple of days ago. My primary care physician is tossing me off his list along with everyone else in his practice. There is no reason given in the letter but we did talk about this. It seems that my type II diabetes is not under control by Obamacare standards. So everytime I see my doctor and the numbers are not within Obama guidelines, he (and his practice) get a black mark on their records. This means that somewhere along the way the amount of money they get for providing Medicare medicine will go down. So I'm cut loose in order to save themselves. Now I have to go find another doctor in the system or go back to the VA. This new doctor also has the option of reading my files and deciding that I'm a bad bet. Then I become uninsurable (unless I want to pay outrageous rates) which then leaves me OBAMACARE. This herding was predicted by us back in 2010 and is coming true.

Enrollement if half of what was predicted and one third of what is needed to continue the program without impressive subsidies from the government. Those subsidies would negate the entire purpose of Obamacare. Can you say "death spiral"?
Do you understand how insurance works? It takes money from people who didn't have something happen to them and gives it to people who did.

Please point us to the website or information that indicates the 'Obama' guidelines for diabetes. Obamacare, once again, is not insurance. I don't know how many times you dumbasses need to be told that. It's a set of rules governing healthcare insurance, not the insurance itself.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
seems that my type II diabetes is not under control by Obamacare standards. So everytime

Can you say "death spiral"?
I can say type II diabetics death spiral you fat fuck. Get off your ass and go lose some wight.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Type II? Uncrontrolled?

When you look at a menu do you say "OK?"

You know how much sugar is in a bottle of Boone's Farm?

Taxpayers are supposed to pay for you to be a lazy fuck?

Taker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I can say type II diabetics death spiral you fat fuck. Get off your ass and go lose some wight.
You both need to learn more about type II diabetes and stop being so judgmental.
Sure, diet and exercise have an effect, but inheritance is a major factor.

Believe me. I know.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
You both need to learn more about type II diabetes and stop being so judgmental.

Believe me. I know.
Yes....that's why he needs to get off his Obama hating ass and start exercising something other than his keyboard!

Next thing JD will be posting about how no one will make him and COGay a wedding cake!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Touched by Obamacare and not in a good way

"?
Does JD need to come out of the closet or what?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #8
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Does JD need to come out of the closet or what?

Fetuses, orphans and old people... NOW you are adding diabetics to your Death Panel list... WTF the ACRONYM...

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:35 AM   #9
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The ACA takes some baby steps toward pay for performance instead of fee for service reimbursement. There are several types of par for performance, most notably process measures and outcome measures. The first focuses on whether the doc follows the evidence based criteria that result in the best outcomes. The later on the actual outcomes. Outcome measures for pay for performance are controversial for a couple of reasons, on of which you hit on here -- sometimes, despite the best processes, the outcome isn't ideal. Likewise, as others have posited, sometime patient non-compliance in taking meds, lifestyle issues, etc. can adversely affect outcomes.

Type II is a rough disease. It's insidious and it doesn't always respond to treatment as well as we would like. It's also a progressive disease. If you have been compliant, it's appalling that your PCP has dropped you. On the other hand, if you've been non-compliant, and it's costing him money, I can see his point.

I would suggest that you make a frank assessment of your level of compliance. But if you're taking your meds, and making some effort on the exercise and diet front, seek out a better doc. There are lots of treatment options with diabetes. And your ACA policy makes compliance easier and cheaper, and your drugs should now be much more affordable.

If you'd like to discuss exactly where you are in your treatment regimen, I'd be glad to talk here or via PM.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:18 AM   #10
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Well put, TTH. Pay for performance models were at the heart of ACA and insurers and now negotiating much more equitable value based contracts with Accountable Care Organizations, local physician networks and others. Bottom line is better care for the patient.

Expect JDrunk to reach out for advice post haste.

Maybe if he excercised something other than his elbow and his slack jaw...
Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #11
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post

Believe me. I know.
You need to STFU and stop being souch a pussy!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
Do you understand how insurance works? It takes money from people who didn't have something happen to them and gives it to people who did.

Please point us to the website or information that indicates the 'Obama' guidelines for diabetes. Obamacare, once again, is not insurance. I don't know how many times you dumbasses need to be told that. It's a set of rules governing healthcare insurance, not the insurance itself.
You're right about that. Obamacare certainly isn't insurance and it certainly isn't socialized medicine either. It's nothing more than Corporatism at it's finest, with the Insurance Companies as the middleman. Greed and Corruption is about all that we'll get from it.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Well put, TTH. Pay for performance models were at the heart of ACA and insurers and now negotiating much more equitable value based contracts with Accountable Care Organizations, local physician networks and others. Bottom line is better care for the patient.

Expect JDrunk to reach out for advice post haste.

Quick question. Why is pay for performance in health care acceptable, while pay for performance in education is not?
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
May be if those people in Austin had "excercised" (sic) something other than their elbows and slack jaws they would have been able to swim and wouldn't have drowned in the flooding the last few days.

It appears you didn't "go into the water"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Greed and Corruption is about all that we'll get from it.

Jim
Sounds like JD might get a doctor who makes him get on a fucking treadmill!
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women