Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70517
biomed161300
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453083
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47916
pyramider46370
bambino40546
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-29-2024, 10:28 PM   #1
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98
Default One Billion

Remember this blast from the past. Well turns out the Bud Light boycott cost Anheuser-Busch InBev over $1 billion in lost sales

OOOF
berryberry is online now   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:36 AM   #2
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

"The brewing giant's quarterly revenue increased 6.2% to $14.47 billion, slightly below the $15.66 billion expected. Higher prices were offset by its US performance, where the Bud Light brand is still trying to turn a corner. Full-year revenue rose 7.8% to $59.38 billion, compared with the $60.52 billion the Street estimated"

Unless the idea is to paint the current economy as robust in some way I believe a 6.2% increase in quarterly revenue would be a pretty solid gain. The figure for 2023 overall was growth of 7.8%. Wal-Mart just released their 4Q earnings with a revenue increase of 7.3% so its hard to argue that either company is not doing very well.

#1 Beer in America? Corona.

Mexican beer sold internationally by InBev and proudly LGBTQ+ friendly so while its true that the company did not meet expected earnings they are doing quite well despite a bunch of butthurt do-gooders calling for them to 'go broke' which of course did not happen. The ongoing effort to 'make gay go away' may create a few bumps in the road so let the cheers continue for those who need to be mad at light beer.

To me a number that reflects 0.009% of a companies net worth in an economy like we see today is not any kind of victory but I will let Trump's words from last months speak to what kind of company Bud Light is:

"Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women. They’ve raised over $30,000,000 and given 44,000 Scholarships.”

“Anheuser-Busch is a Great American Brand that perhaps deserves a Second Chance? What do you think?”
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:10 AM   #3
eyecu2
BANNED

Encounters: 81

Most shareholders at BUD are used to some volatility. Stock has been bouncing from 56-64 regularly. The whole brand demo is changing and light beers are just a part of that. I'm not minimizing a drop due to a marketing snafu, but it's part of their industry.

I went to my local beer store the other day, and there are so many more choices each and every year that are presented, I'd say that has a lot to do with loss of market share as much as a marketing decision. Budweiser's never been my go-to beer, when it comes to light beer I like Miller, but I prefer other tastier beers like Southern tier products.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:24 AM   #4
berryberry
Valued Poster

$1 billion in lost sales and continuing

And some thought it would blow over in a month
Old 03-01-2024, 08:30 AM   #5
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

It’s not even a money thing so much as branding. Bud light is now considered the drink of trannies, and it always will be. People at the register will now and forever give the guy buying a case the side-eye and chuckle to themselves.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:53 AM   #6
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Bud Light is just a beer. If people let it twist them into a frenzy that is on them. “Anheuser-Busch is not a Woke company,” says Trump and I agree. Trying to use a beer brand to spread shame and inspire death threats and other unfortunate responses to Americans who have the same rights as the rest of us is a crusade whose time has come...and gone.

InBev is doing quite well ad like all the other 'the gon go broke jest watch' companies conntinue to support PRIDE efforts around our great nation.

Log live Freedom.

Fuck Oppression
Old 03-01-2024, 11:27 AM   #7
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Laughing at freaks isn’t a frenzy or oppressive. If you’re a guy who pretends to be a girl getting laughed at comes with the territory. If you can’t handle it, it’s easy enough to just act normal.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:10 PM   #8
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Advocating for the persecution of Americans because they choose a different life path is a despicable endeavor.

Feigning ignorance at the fallout caused by these holy roller attempts to squelch a group of people trying to dictate their conduct is also a personal choice.

So yes indeed InBev 2023 revenue fell a bit short (by percentage the total amount is irrelevant on its own) but the company continues to thrive and that is great news.

Freedom wins again.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:36 PM   #9
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Persecution? How snowflakey. If people want to behave in a way that invites ridicule, they shouldn’t be surprised when they’re ridiculed. It’s their choice to act like a weirdo, and mine to laugh at them for doing so. Simple cause and effect.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:42 PM   #10
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Persecution? How snowflakey. If people want to behave in a way that invites ridicule, they shouldn’t be surprised when they’re ridiculed. It’s their choice to act like a weirdo, and mine to laugh at them for doing so. Simple cause and effect.
Fuck persecution, Trannies have a high suicide rate. If you don’t want to off yourself, don’t try to change yourself. Unless you want to excel in female sports.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:48 PM   #11
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Snowflaky? Thats funny.

As individuals we open ourselves to ridicule but when people attempt to deny the group their rightful Liberty it becomes something else.

We don't have two sets of water fountains anymore.

Though one for water one for beer I would vote for!

History will remember the beer boycott posse in a similar way they do 'separate but equal' and ain't nobody going broke for appreciating Freedom the way Bud Light did.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:58 PM   #12
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Denied liberty? Yeah right, they’re fucking coddled. These freakazoids get their front holes kissed more than any group that’s ever existed. Much of society has decided to feed their delusions, a few of us still believe in truth and won’t play along.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:59 PM   #13
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

You know, todays gay and trans communities feel the need to force their beliefs on us, not the other way around.

They never knew what it was like to be beaten around the head and shoulders by cops for being in a Gay bar, or, being caught in a car, etc, etc, etc.

The battle was won, long ago, and there is no need to fight another battle because you feel the need to indoctrinate others into your fantasy world, or, to push your agenda.

If any of the young pussies today had to stand up to half dozen cops today, they'd be going straight, quickly.

And, if you ask me, the hatred today is coming FROM the gay community, towards all straight folk.

I don't give a fuck, I never have, just do what you want, and leave me and mine the fuck alone, pretty much the Libertarian viewpoint I've had all my life.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:05 PM   #14
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Snowflaky? Thats funny.

As individuals we open ourselves to ridicule but when people attempt to deny the group their rightful Liberty it becomes something else.

We don't have two sets of water fountains anymore.

Though one for water one for beer I would vote for!

History will remember the beer boycott posse in a similar way they do 'separate but equal' and ain't nobody going broke for appreciating Freedom the way Bud Light did.
Jeebus, that last paragraph has to be the funniest goddamn thing I've seen this year.

So, what type of promotions did the creators of your fanstastic freedom act get?

You know, the Harvard Grad who felt it only sold to stupid, fat white people and Fraternities and took it upon herself to start the campaign?

Where is she now?

CEO Of what, working where?

SHE GOT CANNED for it.

What a success.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:33 PM   #15
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
It’s not even a money thing so much as branding. Bud light is now considered the drink of trannies, and it always will be. People at the register will now and forever give the guy buying a case the side-eye and chuckle to themselves.
That's very true.

That said, it's a money thing from the perspective that a number of people wrongly stated that the boycott would have no effect and be over quickly

One billion dollars in lost sales later, they were clearly wrong

Ooooof

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women