Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Danger! Harvard Study Says Pasteurized milk causes cancer

Hmmm . . . It seems like maybe that Amish raw milk guy was right.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035081_pa...cer_dairy.html
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Hmmm . . . It seems like maybe that Amish raw milk guy was right.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035081_pa...cer_dairy.html
No. Just proves what everyone knows all along. You're an idiot.The title is totally misleading on the article as the Harvard study covers milk taken during a cows pregnancy and hormone feeding cows, not the pasteurization process.

Once again proving you don't read, can't back any of your paranoid rants with facts and your only valid response to anything is "someone else proved it in another thread". Doh.

By the way dumb ass...from the same study:
Quote:
Based on what she has found so far, Ganmaa believes that cows in late pregnancy should not be milked—or, at least, that such milk should be labeled to indicate that it comes from a pregnant cow. In the meantime, it is reassuring to know that skim milk from the United States has low levels of hormones, just like the traditional stuff from Mongolia.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
A Gloucester County toddler is among the 78 people in the Pennsylvania and South Jersey area who have become sick after drinking contaminated raw milk.
The state Department of Health and Senior Services released reports of the outbreak in which the six dozen people — including the three-year-old local boy and a Burlington County man — have become ill after drinking unpasteurized milk linked to the Family Cow Dairy farm in Pennsylvania.
Quote:
Six people were infected with campylobacter linked to raw milk from the Family Cow dairy store in Chambersburg, Pa., including three in Maryland, the state Department of Health and Mental Hygiene said Friday.
Quote:
According to the FDA, raw milk can be contaminated with bacteria, including:
Brucella species
Campylobacter jejuni
Coxiella Burnetii
Escherichia coli
Enterotoxigenic Staphylococcus aureus
Listeria monocytogenes
Mycobacterium bovis
Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Salmonella species
Yersinia enterocolitica
These bacteria can cause people to get sick, leading to symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, fever, stomach cramps, and headaches. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that about 200 to 300 people get sick each year from drinking raw milk or eating cheese made from raw milk.
Another big danger of drinking raw milk that some people may overlook is that raw milk is very low in vitamin D. In addition to being pasteurized, processed milk that you routinely buy in a store is typically fortified with vitamin D, which is important to keep your bones strong.

Since young children are at big risk for getting sick from any bacteria that may be in raw milk and they need vitamin D, it is important that you not give your child raw, unpasteurized cow's milk. In fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics states that "children should not consume unpasteurized milk or products made from unpasteurized milk, such as cheese and butter, from species including cows, sheep, and goats.
Just saying
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Well, good. I'm reassured that the government is on the ball protecting us.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

I'd rather drink raw organic milk than stuff with antibiotics and growth hormones - if this was an ideal world. But I really just don't drink milk that much. I certainly don't buy "organic" from a grocery store - that's just a price markup and the money is going to the same guy who made the stuff in the jug next to it. Also if you've seen how Horizon keeps it's cows, you probably wouldn't waste your money either. When I DO drink milk, it's just the regular skim stuff in a half gallon jug.

No other species drinks the breast secretions of another species, so really it's not that far fetched of an idea. I also love when people get up in arms about the human milk bank for infants who are allergic to formula. Do they not realise formula is cow's breastmilk and actually the powdered stuff can be filled with icky things and is regularly recalled?
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Well, Missy, if an Amish guy in a buggy comes to your door and offers to sell you raw milk from his farm where the animals are grass fed and allowed to roam, CALL THE FBI IMMEDIATELY!! The man is a God-fearing, peaceful living CRIMINAL!

If a milk truck pulls up and offers you pasteurized milk from cows kept in a cubicle and fed genetically modified corn, anti-biotics and growth hormones their entire life, and processed in big milk factories, that's ok. This guy is your friend. The government approves of him, but must protect you from the Amish guy.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, Missy, if an Amish guy in a buggy comes to your door and offers to sell you raw milk from his farm where the animals are grass fed and allowed to roam, CALL THE FBI IMMEDIATELY!! The man is a God-fearing, peaceful living CRIMINAL!

If a milk truck pulls up and offers you pasteurized milk from cows kept in a cubicle and fed genetically modified corn, anti-biotics and growth hormones their entire life, and processed in big milk factories, that's ok. This guy is your friend. The government approves of him, but must protect you from the Amish guy.
That's stupid logic. If the man follows the 'law' and meets regulations, he is 'free' to sell whatever the hell he wants...like most of the other 99.9% of business owners operating legally.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Sa_fartman. I think my explanation was correct. You say play only by the rules the government sets up. I say some rules are stupid and should be changed.

I really get under your skin, don't I? LOL!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

White mice cause cancer.
TheDaliLama is online now   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

Life causes cancer.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

i think everything causes cancer nowadays.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Quote:
I really get under your skin, don't I? LOL!
Just stupid people...I'll let you interpret that.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You need to get out more, Sa_fartman. You take things much too seriously. Maybe you and WTF can find a group therapy session to attend together. You'll feel better. Trust me.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #14
essence
Valued Poster

The problem is non-stupid people put up stupid posts as an act of provocation, and it is exhausting providing a rebuttal of all the nonsense, so somebody has to do it, otherwise we get into the

' my acupuncurist said that raw milk can be used to prevent HIV infection when used as a lubricant during vaginal sex with somebody diagnosed with AIDS'

kind of nonsense. I did see somebody's acupuncturist used as a person of authority on the infamous thread.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

I love Amish food. I used to go to the farmers market every Friday and buy their bread. That's probably the ONLY thing I miss about PA. They of course were not allowed to sell their milk and cheese but if you wanted it, you knew where to go. Sad when choosing what kind of milk you want to drink is as shady as a drug deal.
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women