Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Your states Preamble

Do you know your State's Preamble?

Alabama 1901, Preamble

We the people of the State of Alabama , invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution..

Alaska 1956, Preamble
We, the people of Alaska , grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land.
Arizona 1911, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Arizona , grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution...
Arkansas 1874, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Arkansas , grateful to Almighty God for the privilege of choosing our own form of government...
California 1879, Preamble
We, the People of the State of California , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom...
Colorado 1876, Preamble
We, the people of Colorado , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of Universe...
Connecticut 1818, Preamble.
The People of Connecticut, acknowledging with gratitude the good Providence of God in permitting them to enjoy.
Delaware 1897, Preamble
Through Divine Goodness all men have, by nature, the rights of worshipping and serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences.
Florida 1885, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Florida , grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, establish this Constitution...
Georgia 1777, Preamble
We, the people of Georgia , relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution...
Hawaii 1959, Preamble
We , the people of Hawaii , Grateful for Divine Guidance ... Establish this Constitution.
Idaho 1889, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Idaho , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings.
Illinois 1870, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil , political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
Indiana 1851, Preamble
We, the People of the State of Indiana , grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to choose our form of government.
Iowa 1857, Preamble
We, the People of the St ate of Iowa , grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings, establish this Constitution.
Kansas 1859, Preamble
We, the people of Kansas , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution.
Kentucky 1891, Preamble..
We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties..
Louisiana 1921, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Louisiana , grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties we enjoy.
Maine 1820, Preamble
We the People of Maine acknowledging with grateful hearts the goodness of the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe in affording us an opportunity .. And imploring His aid and direction.
Maryland 1776, Preamble
We, the people of the state of Maryland , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty...
Massachusetts 1780, Preamble
We...the people of Massachusetts, acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe In the course of His Providence, an opportunity and devoutly imploring His direction
Michigan 1908, Preamble
. We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution.
Minnesota, 1857, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Minnesota, grateful to God for our civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings:
Mississippi 1890, Preamble
We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work.
Missouri 1845, Preamble
We, the people of Missouri , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness . Establish this Constitution...
Montana 1889, Preamble.
We, the people of Montana , grateful to Almighty God for theblessings of liberty establish this Constitution ..
Nebraska 1875, Preamble
We, the people, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom . Establish this Constitution.
Nevada 1864, Preamble
We the people of the State of Nevada , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, establish this Constitution...
New Hampshire 1792, Part I. Art. I. Sec. V
Every individual has a natural and unalienable right to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience.
New Jersey 1844, Preamble
We, the people of the State of New Jersey, grateful to Almighty God for civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
New Mexico 1911, Preamble
We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty..
New York 1846, Preamble
We, the people of the State of New York , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings.
North Carolina 1868, Preamble
We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those...
North Dakota 1889, Preamble
We , the people of North Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, do ordain...
Ohio 1852, Preamble
We the people of the state of Ohio , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings and to promote our common.
Oklahoma 1907, Preamble
Invoking the guidance of Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty, establish this
Oregon 1857, Bill of Rights, Article I Section 2.
All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences
Pennsylvania 1776, Preamble
We, the people of Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance.....
Rhode Island 1842, Preamble.
We the People of the State of Rhode Island grateful to Almighty God for the civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing....
South Carolina , 1778, Preamble
We, the people of the State of South Carolina grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution.
South Dakota 1889, Preamble
We, the people of South Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberties .
Tennessee 1796, Art. XI..III.
That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their conscience...
Texas 1845, Preamble
We the People of the Republic of Texas , acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Utah 1896, Preamble
Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution.
Vermont 1777, Preamble
Whereas all government ought to enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man ..
Virginia 1776, Bill of Rights, XVI
Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other
Washington 1889, Preamble
We the People of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution
West Virginia 1872, Preamble
Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of civil, political and religious liberty, we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God ...
Wisconsin 1848, Preamble
We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility....
Wyoming 1890, Preamble
We, the people of the State of Wyoming , grateful to God for our civil, political, and religious liberties, establish this Constitution...

After reviewing acknowledgments of God from all 50 state constitutions, one is faced with the prospect thatmaybe,the ACLU and the out-of-control federal courts are wrong!
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The problem, Kayla, is WHICH god are we allowd to thank?

Personally I have some interest in Owayadota, but can you imagine if some people actually said their interpretation that "God" = "Alah". Oh no! That isn't the "God" WE intended!
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You'll have to take that up with the states. They're the ones that referenced God in their Preamble. God knows who they were referring to.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Unfortunately they were almost all written by folks who are long dead. I guess I will have to make my own interpretation. Owayadota it is! Given that we have some serious lrgal changes we need to make around here. Owayadota doesn't approve of a lot of things you white men have done to his world the past 200 years!
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

personally I think our preamble should have been about kicking the living shit out of Santa Ana ..

out of respect for the boys at the Alamo, ya know
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
xwerz24
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Glad to see the separation of Church and State is standing strong.

Annoys the crap out of me when people who can actually vote care more about what religion political candidates affiliate with rather than the actual political issues like social security, medicare, infrastructure, education, I could go on.

I could care less if my political candidate believes or doesn't believe in gay marriage, abortions or if they worship 200 different gods. As long as they have a good track record on the things that they are actually running for office for I will vote for them.

The government's job is to provide public services that are used by everyone to better society. How it does that is up for debate. However when people start trying to impose personal beliefs onto their political candidates in order to have the government enforce their personal beliefs this is an attack on what I believe a government is responsible for.

Sorry I kind of hijacked this thread a bit, but that's just my 2 cents and then some.
xwerz24 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
personally I think our preamble should have been about kicking the living shit out of Santa Ana ..

out of respect for the boys at the Alamo, ya know
You know someone told me that we could have taken all of Mexico at one point in time in history..wow, that really would have changed things for America if that happened.

Sorry off topic.. I know ..
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Default Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwerz24 View Post
Glad to see the separation of Church and State is standing strong.

Annoys the crap out of me when people who can actually vote care more about what religion political candidates affiliate with rather than the actual political issues like social security, medicare, infrastructure, education, I could go on.

I could care less if my political candidate believes or doesn't believe in gay marriage, abortions or if they worship 200 different gods. As long as they have a good track record on the things that they are actually running for office for I will vote for them.

The government's job is to provide public services that are used by everyone to better society. How it does that is up for debate. However when people start trying to impose personal beliefs onto their political candidates in order to have the government enforce their personal beliefs this is an attack on what I believe a government is responsible for.

Sorry I kind of hijacked this thread a bit, but that's just my 2 cents and then some.
I am in agreement with you on this.

Kinda reminds me of that public sign that says:

Dear World,
Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sincerely, tired of hearing your religious guff

http://dearblankpleaseblank.com/perm...p?viewid=20720
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensia View Post
You know someone told me that we could have taken all of Mexico at one point in time in history..wow, that really would have changed things for America if that happened.

Sorry off topic.. I know ..

lol

damn sure would have solved the illegal alien issues huh?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Please note that no one is forced to worship any God. That's what seperation of church and state meant originally. We were founded on God. BUT Ive never seen any state official tell anyone what to do regarding his own church choice. Have you ?
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
Sensia
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

No we were not founded on god.

The US was not founded on Christianity or god

The Christian Nation Myth

Our founding fathers were not Christians..
Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Please note that no one is forced to worship any God. That's what seperation of church and state meant originally. We were founded on God. BUT Ive never seen any state official tell anyone what to do regarding his own church choice. Have you ?
No, we were not founded on, of or by God. We were settled originally by religious zealots, but those that gave us a Republic, were for the most part, secular for their time. I sense that you are Christian, and I can also assure you that your Gods are not my God.

You honestly think there are no elected officials that are trying to dictate what a church is, for tax reasons alone there are problems, and what is and is not a "moral" religion.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Well, fuck me to tears.....

Preambles are nice, little pointless pieces of window dressing. The proof of the pudding is what comes afterwards.

The TPunk bandwidth thieves are out in full force - again. No news here - or useful thoughts.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

You're so called "sources" are full of preposterous, unmitigated bullshit. No wonder your mind is so addled. Suggest you go to a public library and check out and READ three biographies on each Founding Father. You'll learn that Madison was an ardent defender of the Lutherans and Baptists. You'll also learn about the Jefferson Bible. Furthermore, you'll learn that George Washington was very religious and that John Adams attended church quite regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Well, fuck me to tears.....

Preambles are nice, little pointless pieces of window dressing. The proof of the pudding is what comes afterwards.

The TPunk bandwidth thieves are out in full force - again. No news here - or useful thoughts.
RandyforAndy, your posts, like your "smoke prayers", are ephemeral and dissipated into nothingness by the merest, contravening puff.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
xwerz24
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
No state official would directly tell you that, but there have been plenty that imply it in their speeches and campaigns. Religious and other types of discrimination these days isn't like it was in the 70's where it was blatant and obvious. It is much more covert through prejudices and even committed unintentionally due to someone not realizing they are marginalizing another viewpoint by assuming theirs is correct.
xwerz24 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women