Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60240
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48400
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35708
Mojojo33117

Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default We will never see this again....

Thought you'd enjoy this one.!
This one you want your Children and Grandchildren to read.

They won't believe this happened, but it DID.
Harry & Bess
This seems unreal.....

Harry Truman was a different kind of President. He probably made as many, or more
, important decisions regarding our nation's history as any of the other 42 Presidents preceding him. However, a measure of his greatness may rest on what he did after he left the White House.

The only asset he had when he died was the house he lived in, which was in Independence Missouri. His wife had inherited the house from her mother and father and other than their years in the White House, they lived their entire lives there.

When he retired from office in 1952, his income was a U.S. Army pension reported to have been $13,507.72 a year. Congress, noting that he was paying for his stamps and personally licking them, granted him an 'allowance' and, later, a retroactive pension of $25,000 per year.

After President Eisenhower was inaugurated, Harry and Bess drove home to Missouri by themselves. There was no Secret Service following them.

When offered corporate positions at large salaries, he declined, stating, "You don't want me. You want the office of the President, and that doesn't belong to me. It belongs to the American people and it's not for sale.."

Even later, on May 6, 1971, when Congress was preparing to award him the Medal of Honor on his 87th birthday, he refused to accept it, writing, "I don't consider that I have done anything which should be the reason for any award, Congressional or otherwise."

As president he paid for all of his own travel expenses and food.

Modern politicians have found a new level of success in cashing in on the Presidency, resulting in untold wealth. Today, many in Congress also have found a way to become quite wealthy while enjoying the fruits of their offices. Political offices are now for sale. (e.g.
Illinois )

Good old Harry Truman was correct when he observed, "My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.!"

I say dig him up and clone him.! !

This is not sent for discussion.
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

sad but true. most politicians think that they only have to serve one time and they should be entitle to a life time worth of benefits.

our politicians are only in it for themselves. time for someone to blow up capital hill and start all over.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

Quote:
...other 42 Presidents preceding him.
This author may want to brush up on their history concerning the number of presidents we had up until Harry Truman! LOL Otherwise, I enjoyed the post. Unfortunately, I don't see us ever getting to such a place again. The climate of politics as made it impossible for even the most honest of people to get into office without selling their souls or principles. Even term limits (one a piece) for reps. and senators would not solve the issue. The office would go to the highest bidder each session by which I mean whoever was willing to promise away the most and get into bed with the most people would win the election.

We need more Trumans and George Washingtons, the latter of whom refused to take a second term among the cries and begging of the country to lead them for he saw, and lived, all too well the corruption which comes from a government which has too few ruling for too long.

I hope this generation is beginning to see the same problems which come from a group of people who regulate themselves (hence the ridiculous travel and office allowances, salaries and pensions) and not having a legislature truly governed by the people as it should be.
Marcus78 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
Guest083013
Account Disabled

you are correct kind Sir.
He was the 33rd President from 1945 - 1953.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #5
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus78 View Post
This author may want to brush up on their history concerning the number of presidents we had up until Harry Truman!

We need more Trumans and George Washingtons, the latter of whom refused to take a second term among the cries and begging of the country to lead them for he saw, and lived, all too well the corruption which comes from a government which has too few ruling for too long.
Speaking of which, George Washington was a two term President.
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Marcus78
Premium Access

You are correct Tiger. Third term; I was a wee bit tired and intoxicated when I wrote this.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Keyzer Soze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 65

Truman was right, ALL politicians are whores, whether,local city officials,congressmen,senators or presidents, regardless of political party.
Keyzer Soze is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #8
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Is it me or is there something ironic in using the term whore in a negative fashion on a site such as this?
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
flinde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Dennis, it is good to see you turning at least a little bit from the dark side to the party of the little guy. Truman was a great democrat and a man of all the people.

Its because of great democrats such as Truman, his predescessor, Kennedy and his commitment to placing a man on the moon, and Johnson's great legacy--the Great Society-- that I will always be a democrat.
flinde is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
Coolpops
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

He drove himself back to Missouri. Fantastic.
Nowadays the presidents use AF One like its their own private
campaign jet. We ought to charge the bastards each time they
fly it to a fundraiser.
Coolpops is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Marcus78
Premium Access

Quote:
He drove himself back to Missouri. Fantastic.
Nowadays the presidents use AF One like its their own private
campaign jet. We ought to charge the bastards each time they
fly it to a fundraiser.
Amen! I am willing to allow a lot of flexibility in the President's spending account. He is the most powerful man in the world after all, and whether I like him or not, (I don't BTW!) I feel that any person in such a position of power should be allowed a greater amount of amenities. But flying around to solely or mainly campaign on our dime is outrageous!

Austin spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not into the millions, when Obama came to town. It is not just the cost of jet-fuel and the president's entourage, think about the cost of overtime labor, lane closures, extra staff/security being present, increased surveillance, security fences, etc. The list goes on and on! Every one of the extra workers are getting paid, many getting overtime or holiday pay since it is outside of the normal scope of work. Why can't a president reimburse a city and state for the costs of these lavish campaign fundraisers? The plates to the dinner he spoke at ran ~$35,000.00 a pop! (The uselessness of many campaign finance laws is mind-numbing, but that is a discussion for another night I'm afraid!)

It doesn't end with our presidents though. Congress jet-sets all over the place, and enjoys lavish offices. Again, they should reimburse the people for their expenses from the campaign funds, or at least a decent portion, and then spend money to get reelected. I guess a congressman's $174K salary isn't high enough to attract some real talent! I couldn't keep a straight face typing that! But, asking someone in power to give away that power and privilege is a moot point I'm afraid, and I would not hold my breath while waiting for it to happen!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
Guest083013
Account Disabled

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...173333994.html

And we have people who bitch about those (especially New York City people towards UN personnel) with Diplomatic Immunity and their traffic citations.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
Whitedog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I'll bet I'm the only one on here that's actually seen Truman in person, while he was still president. Any takers?
Whitedog is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Right here Whitedog; however, not in person but definitely around as an elementary school student for his time in office. Saw him every Saturday at a minimum in the Movietone Newsreels right before the Flash Gordan, Buck Rogers, Captain America, Dick Tracy, Lone Ranger, Commando Cody and other serials of the day.

and "flinde" not coming from any side at all and in fact my friend ==> you summed it up nicely all by yourself by saying in part ".....Truman was a great democrat and a man of all the people....." I just personally feel the current Administration is NOT for "All the people" in any way.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #15
Whitedog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Got me!!! Shucks....
Whitedog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women