Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60240
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48400
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35708
Mojojo33117

Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Taylor_Summer
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up Taylor Summer update

I just thought I would stop in and let everyone know what is going on and whats been happening.
I was hospitalized around Thanksgiving for Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)

The first symptoms of GBS are usually numbness or tingling (paresthesia) in the toes and fingers, with progressive weakness in the arms and legs over the next few days. Some patients experience paresthesia only in their toes and legs; others only experience symptoms on one side of the body.

The symptoms may stay in this phase, causing only mild difficulty in walking, requiring crutches or a walking stick. However, sometimes the illness progresses, leading to complete paralysis of the arms and legs. About one quarter of the time, the paralysis continues up the chest and freezes the breathing muscles, leaving the patient dependent on a ventilator. If the swallowing muscles are also affected, a feeding tube may be needed.

GBS can affect anybody. It can strike at any age; men may be more likely to develop GBS than women. Although this syndrome is rare (affecting about one to two persons in 100,000) it is the most common cause of acute neuromuscular paralysis in the world.

Here are the sights with the reference material:
http://http://www.neurologychannel.c...in/index.shtml
http://http://www.about-guillain-barre.com/

My case progressed to the worst level and I was on a venilator and had a feeding tube. I have been recovering for the last few months. I came home on monday. I am walking with a cane and braces that keep my ankle still. I still have no feeling in my feet or half my hand, and no muscle movement in my ankles. I am up and about. I thought I would let everyone know what happened and how I am doing. For those who knew I am so thankfull for your prayers and support.

My number is the same but I don't have the same phone. So when you call you'll have to remind me who you are. I am not quite back to work yet but I'll let ya'll know as soon as I am.

I will be visiting Austin soon.
Taylor_Summer is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I am sorry to hear this news, I wish you a speedy continued recovery
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Hottassamelia
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1300
My ECCIE Reviews

wow..I dont know you,but my prayers are still with you..
I hope you continue to feel better,Much Love.....Amelia
Hottassamelia is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Taylor_Summer
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

It can take up to a year to fully recover. The speed of my recovery so far has astounded my doctors.
Taylor_Summer is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
hobbie
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Summer View Post
It can take up to a year to fully recover. The speed of my recovery so far has astounded my doctors.
Sounds like you are a positive lady with a lot of inter Strenght! My thoughts are with you, take care and get better soon.

Hobbie
hobbie is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the update..Keep on doing what you are doing.....May the rest of your recovery go even faster
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
gman44

Encounters: 203

I too wish you all the best and the speediest recovery possible as I feel close to you. I'm praying for you
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Jax
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

Wishing you a complete recovery and at a good pace. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Jax is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
BigBake1
Gaining Momentum

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Slowly but surely.

Many people don't know that this syndrome has been shown, in Canada, as a possible side effect of the H1N1 vaccine.
BigBake1 is offline   Quote