Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60234
gman4453220
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48397
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41289
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35704
Mojojo33117

Old 12-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
FLWrite
Account Disabled

Default This Christmas, This is What I'm Tired Of...

Peace on earth, goodwill to men the song says. Christmas makes us all just a bit introspective, me included. But the season also evokes another emotion in me, a more self-directed emotion--a weariness of fighting battles in society that should not have to be fought, battles we know how to win but won't.
  • I grow tired of hearing of helpless seniors who freeze to death in their homes because they can't afford heat. Shame on us. We know better.
  • I grow tired of seeing the homeless sleep on the streets just feet away from warm, dry, empty buildings that have been closed for the evening. If we add up all the vacant square footage in any given town, we would find more than enough to always house everyone who finds themselves homeless. We just can't seem to figure out how to get the two together. Shame on us.
  • I get tired of hearing that children in third world countries have no clean water. Dammit. Dammit. We know how to solve this. We must solve this. Today.
  • At Christmas, I get tired of hearing about children who will have no gifts. We figured out social security--and it once worked--can't we figure out holiday security for those in need just one day a year? Yes, we can.
  • When I see people who go without adequate healthcare, I get tired. Turn this into a thread of debate over healthcare and I'll likely scorch your earth because we all agree upon the ideal that everyone should have some access to healthcare and this thread is specifically about ideals. It grieves me that our country is home to some of the world's greatest statesmen, diplomats, scientists, economists, statisticians, and financiers and we can't solve this problem. I don't think the problem is that we can't. I think the problem is that we won't. Shame on us.

Idealist? Of course. But what I really want for Christmas--my dream--would be one day, just one day, when our society could sit down and agree that we actually can solve these problems and make the world a place without hunger, without thirst, without joylessness, and without health, hope and happiness. I believe we can. I know we can. Will we? More importantly, will I?

Merry Christmas everyone. I believe great days are ahead for us in 2011. May yours be among them.
FLWrite is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

What I want for X-Mas is a magic power that allows me (or society) to perfectly & objectively seperate the users/losers from those that truly need a helping hand...(implicit in that is we could legally discriminate between the two groups with our aid/support)

BTW as for the clean water, great strides have been made in the that area over the last decade.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWrite View Post
  • I grow tired of seeing the homeless sleep on the streets just feet away from warm, dry, empty buildings that have been closed for the evening. If we add up all the vacant square footage in any given town, we would find more than enough to always house everyone who finds themselves homeless. We just can't seem to figure out how to get the two together. Shame on us.
The homeless problem is more complicated then just giving people a place to sleep. I'm no expert but I did spend several years of my childhood homeless with my mother. Giving people a space would help a lot of people, shelters and streets are chalk full of the everyday down trodden. But not everyone.

One consideration people often forget is the issue of mental illness. Even when brought indoors they can do a great deal of damage to property or the people around them. Or their illness makes them paranoid in such a way that living in one space in closed walls aggravates their condition.

Further there are people who have been given housing, and somehow manage to screw up the situation so they are back on the street. There are those that are bent on a path of self destruction.

It's hard to tell who is a victim of circumstance, and who keeps recreating their own hell. I think those in social services are brave souls as I imagine their work to be draining and soul destroying.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
macksback
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

I am tired of day dreamers.
macksback is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by macksback View Post
I am tired of day dreamers.
Without them there would be no movement forward. You need the darkness and the light for balance.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

My pet peeve is left-handed Lithuanians.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

I'm tired of good will to all mankind with peace on earth a close second
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Andrea Davis
Seductive Concierge

User ID: 5808
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

This Christmas I am tired of men asking me to wear clear stripper heels.
Andrea Davis is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I don't think those even look good on strippers.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #10
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Frenchy Fuqua was the only I ever saw pull that look off. Of course, that depended upon what fish was inside them on any given Sunday...

http://trooperyork.blogspot.com/2010...shoe-blog.html
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWrite View Post
  • I get tired of hearing that children in third world countries have no clean water. Dammit. Dammit. We know how to solve this. We must solve this. Today.
This is a "Christian" program, but I throw it out for those of you who might be interested: http://www.adventconspiracy.org/water/.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #12
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default i am tired of

TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #13
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Agreed. I've always thought they looked tacky.

My Christmas wish would be for Obama to one day grant amnesty to the illegal children/teenagers here in the United states.

I have cousins that entered this country legally but can't work, school or drive because of expired visas/undocumented status and can't do anything about it because they've been here for years.

I am tried of the corruption in my country (Lagos, Nigeria)
50 years of corrupt government and bad leadership. Something's got
to give!

I am tired of the electricity issues in Lagos. Lagos is a beautiful city in
darkness. The whole city is running on generators.. why?
Hopefully this time next year things will be better.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I'm tired of the people who develop a hyper social conscious one day a year...and whine about it.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I'm tired of the people who develop a hyper social conscious one day a year...and whine about it.
+1

I grow tired of people who complain about what other people don't have, but use their disposable income on things like providers. And in the same paragraph ask for more of other peoples hard earned assets for people who don't even try to better their situations.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women