Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41267
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35668
Mojojo33117

Old 12-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
yeesh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Default WTF is wrong with Fox 7???

Here I am, watching the Texans/ Falcons game...The Texans are leading by a touchdown, and the Falcons have the ball with 16 seconds left, NO time outs and in Texans territory...

And what does Fox 7 do? They go to a bunch of commercials, and then SWITCH to the Cowboys/ Cardinals game, which HADN'T EVEN STARTED YET!! Are they so far in Jerry Jones' pockets that they just can't afford to miss a minute of Cowboys coverage??!!??
yeesh is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

The networks have contracts that they have to honor, so they had to show the commercials and switch over to the cowboys/cardinals game.
kingorpawn is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
yeesh
Valued Poster

Oh well...

At least Kubiak didn't ice his own kicker!
yeesh is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
randal69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I could give two shits. I cannot stand any Texas NFL teams. The ONLY reason as to why Houston as a team is because Los Angeles couldn't agree on where to build a stadium and what to spend on it. The Cowgirls will NEVER win another Super Bowl as long as the Jones Family has the franchise under their control.
randal69 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Both the Texans and the Cowboys haven't had good quarterbacks in over decade, so that's why they haven't even gone to a super bowl in over a decade. Schaub is ok, but not a Super Bowl quarterback and Romo has spent the majority of his time in the NFL dating female celebrities, playing golf and treating football like a hobby. If the cowboys do not win at least 1 playoff game this season then its unlikely Romo will be back next year. He has 6 yr 67 million $ contract and he's got 2 yrs left and another 20 million. Jones can get a better and cheaper quarterback off the draft.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
Smokin Joe
Valued Poster

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-san-antonio/
Smokin Joe is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It sure is tough to be a cowboys fan these days.....Who the hell ices their own kicker....
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingorpawn View Post
Both the Texans and the Cowboys haven't had good quarterbacks in over decade, so that's why they haven't even gone to a super bowl in over a decade.
The Texans have yet to exist for an entire decade.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #9
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
The Texans have yet to exist for an entire decade.
Good point. Next year will be a decade.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
maxhaleys
Valued Poster

I noticed that Sunday
Total bs and not a fan really of any of the teams, could of missed a last minute win.

On football subject, on espn does anyone experience the audio not n sync with the video?
maxhaleys is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
It sure is tough to be a cowboys fan these days.....Who the hell ices their own kicker....
Jason Garrett. According to Troy Aikman, Garrett was a very good note-taker when he was his backup.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
homer13
Account Disabled

Encounters: 52

I was pretty suprised when they switched over like that. CBS doesn't do that, just fox. If you notice the CBS games will end, and then the next game has already started by the time they switch to it if it goes long. I'm a big time Cowboys fan and I was still upset because the other game was so close I think they should have finished it. As far as Romo goes he isn't going anywhere. He's a solid quarterback and it's unlikely Jones will have a better option with their record. The Cowboys don't even have a backup worth a damm so even if they sign someone Romo will remain for now, 20 mil over two years aint shit for that position. The Texan's have a solid offense and defense but play in the AFC so their shit out of luck.

Jones has won 3 super bowls in his tenure so go elsewhere to talk shit about an owner. How many other owners have 3 in that timeframe besides New England and without Brady they would look the same as the Cowboys, it's all about the elite qb and then coaching and putting the pieces together which is where the Cowboys have issues (coaching, I mean really who the fuck ices their own kicker and attempts a 48 yarder when they had plenty of time to call a time out and try to make it closer)
homer13 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #13
MichaelClayton
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I was watching the Texans game also and had to say WTF?!

I never did see who won, but I assumed the Texans held on.

The Cowboys are jinxed vs the Cardinals.

Not so smooth move by Garret.. can't imagine why Garrett called that time out.

I agree, it's hard to be a Cowboys fan with Romo. He can play great, but ultimately is not a winner and I doubt he ever will be.
MichaelClayton is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer13 View Post
I was pretty suprised when they switched over like that. CBS doesn't do that, just fox. If you notice the CBS games will end, and then the next game has already started by the time they switch to it if it goes long. I'm a big time Cowboys fan and I was still upset because the other game was so close I think they should have finished it. As far as Romo goes he isn't going anywhere. He's a solid quarterback and it's unlikely Jones will have a better option with their record. The Cowboys don't even have a backup worth a damm so even if they sign someone Romo will remain for now, 20 mil over two years aint shit for that position. The Texan's have a solid offense and defense but play in the AFC so their shit out of luck.

Jones has won 3 super bowls in his tenure so go elsewhere to talk shit about an owner. How many other owners have 3 in that timeframe besides New England and without Brady they would look the same as the Cowboys, it's all about the elite qb and then coaching and putting the pieces together which is where the Cowboys have issues (coaching, I mean really who the fuck ices their own kicker and attempts a 48 yarder when they had plenty of time to call a time out and try to make it closer)
20 mil is a lot if you are barely getting into the playoffs and you are not a consistent GB. I personally give Jones a lot of credit. He spent all his money he had at the time to go buy the cowboys and then turn it into a billionaire organization. You got to respect that. I met him. Nice guy. I think Garrett is still learning. I'll give him a couple of years to improve. I think they have the talent, but Romo is simply not an elite GB. Romo's decent, but he has too many flaws and he's biggest flaw is that he is not consistent. You don't win super bowls without being consistent throughout the year.

My 2 pennies.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
homer13
Account Disabled

Encounters: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingorpawn View Post
20 mil is a lot if you are barely getting into the playoffs and you are not a consistent GB. I personally give Jones a lot of credit. He spent all his money he had at the time to go buy the cowboys and then turn it into a billionaire organization. You got to respect that. I met him. Nice guy. I think Garrett is still learning. I'll give him a couple of years to improve. I think they have the talent, but Romo is simply not an elite GB. Romo's decent, but he has too many flaws and he's biggest flaw is that he is not consistent. You don't win super bowls without being consistent throughout the year.

My 2 pennies.
I agree 100% with everything you say about Romo but it boils down to what's behind door #2. Dallas at best will get a draft choice around 20 next year (I'm not sure about what or if they have a first round draft pick next year) if they finish 9-7 or better. Who can they draft better then Romo to start next year. Who can they sign free agent wise better for that matter. I agree they should draft his replacement but Luck aint coming thru the door so even though I'd like to see him replaced eventually I don't see it realistically happening anytime soon. Think about what QB's Dallas had between Aikman and Romo. Like him or not Romo is the best and only one to win a playoff game since Aikman and honestly he's better then 70% of the starters in the league and would have no problem getting signed elsewhere.

My 2 pennies
homer13 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women