Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Car Bombs In Iraq Kill 64 People (Where Are The Prayers?)

BAGHDAD (AP) — Officials say two car bombings in Iraq have killed nine people and wounded 27.

Police officials say in the larger of the two attacks, a car bomb exploded near a car repair shops in Aziziyah town. Seven people were killed and 20 were wounded in that blast. Aziziyah is 55 kilometers (35 miles) southeast of Baghdad.

Earlier on Tuesday, a car bomb went off targeting an army patrol north of Baghdad, killing two soldiers and wounding seven people, five of them were civilians.

Medics in nearby hospitals confirmed the death toll. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to the media.

The bombings came a day after a string of deadly attacks across Iraq killed 55 people.

US Expands Military Reach in Latin America & More Attacks in Iraq: 26 Killed, 55 Wounded
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Where do you think dipshit?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
timpage
Account Disabled

Crazy person alert. Whoooop. Whoooop......
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

I'm sure lots of people in Iraq are praying. What is your point?

And these bombings are, unfortunately common in Iraq. There is such a thing as compassion fatigue. When bombings and massacres occur repeatedly, people pay less and less attention over time - because there is nothing they can do about it.

So these bombings were under-reported in the press in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
I'm sure lots of people in Iraq are praying. What is your point?

And these bombings are, unfortunately common in Iraq. There is such a thing as compassion fatigue. When bombings and massacres occur repeatedly, people pay less and less attention over time - because there is nothing they can do about it.

So these bombings were under-reported in the press in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing.
ExNYer, you are an intelligent and well respected poster, so please do not take offense. While I also agree with the compassion fatigue argument, is it possible we need a sense of perspective here about the loss of life? More people died last weekend in Chicago and probably Boston from plain old drug warfare between rival gangs. 500 people died last week, & every week of the year from car accidents.
Are Iraq's dead, or the gang bangers, or the drunks families dead any less important?
Maybe we are just mad because someone had the effrontery to mess up our little fairy tale existence here in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Yes, it was a tragedy, and I'm as guilty as anyone of trying to score cheap political points. But the level of outrage is not reasonably compared to 9/11, or OKC, and worse happens every month in the Middle East and in Israel, and I think that was the OP's point.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
Miss Barsett
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 151695
My ECCIE Reviews

I'll drop a prayer, in the prayer box. It doesn't matter where you are in this world, life is important. Having your life end in such a way, is horrifying.
Miss Barsett is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
ExNYer, you are an intelligent and well respected poster, so please do not take offense. While I also agree with the compassion fatigue argument, is it possible we need a sense of perspective here about the loss of life? More people died last weekend in Chicago and probably Boston from plain old drug warfare between rival gangs. 500 people died last week, & every week of the year from car accidents.
Are Iraq's dead, or the gang bangers, or the drunks families dead any less important?
Maybe we are just mad because someone had the effrontery to mess up our little fairy tale existence here in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Yes, it was a tragedy, and I'm as guilty as anyone of trying to score cheap political points. But the level of outrage is not reasonably compared to 9/11, or OKC, and worse happens every month in the Middle East and in Israel, and I think that was the OP's point.
I think that might be YOUR point, but I doubt it was SEE3772's point. He is an idiot conspiracy theorist and an anti-Semite. You might want to be careful about siding with him. You probably haven't read all of his threads, but there is a vicious little man behind the screen with him. I will try to find the "Jews run the world" thread he posted.

Back on topic. Fresh terror attacks that hit close to home ALWAYS get top billing. They strike at our society in ways the other things you mentioned simply do not.

Crime victims in Chicago don't make the press for the same reason the bombing victims in Iraq do not. They are TOO common and there is nothing we can do about it. So it all blends in with the background noise - the same way car accidents on the highway do.

"Man Bites Dog" gets headlines. "Dog Bites Man" does not. That is the way it is.

This same false comparison comes up every time there is a sensational tragedy. Somebody ALWAYS points out how we are making a big deal about "Sensational Tragic Event X", when every day, an equal or greater number of people die as a result of "Mundane Event Y". And the argument is just as bogus then.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You tend to side with a lot of anti-Semites, JL. You need to bridge the conceptional gap between what you are, what you think you are, what we think you are and what the douchebags you're hanging with are somewhat reminding me of...

(Paraphrasing Frank Zappa...)

If you're trying to compare life in a war zone like Iraq (which we had a bit to do with destabilizing) and murders in the US caused by every Tom, Dick and Harry brandishing his right to keep, bear and USE arms, then you're opening a whole new can of worms.

If you're minimizing the loss of life in Baghdad versus anywhere else, then you're simply playing games with words you proabably really don't believe.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with cheap ass JewishLawyer on this one. Just think if you had a son or daughter in the military killed in Afghanistan yesterday and all you heard about was this tragedy. I read the obituaries every day and it is amazing how many great people die each day with hardky any fanfare...anyway I agree with the SOB on this point. There is hope for you JL.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with cheap ass JewishLawyer on this one. Just think if you had a son or daughter in the military killed in Afghanistan yesterday and all you heard about was this tragedy. I read the obituaries every day and it is amazing how many great people die each day with hardky any fanfare...anyway I agree with the SOB on this point. There is hope for you JL.
Like I said above, "Man Bites Dog" gets headlines. "Dog Bites Man" does not. Routine mayhem just does not dominate the news.

And, it is only the FIRST day. What does JL expect will happen? That the press will ignore it?

And I can assure you if the press DID ignore it or downplay it, then JL - and definitely Whirly - will be accusing the MSM of covering up for Obama. It's a no-win situation.

If the Boston Marathon bombing continues to dominate headlines in a month, then I will agree that we are overreacting.

But not within the first 24 hours. They are still searching for more IEDs.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Well fuc me, I agree with both of you fucktards! They give you two simultaneous electroshock therapy at the nuthouse today?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Well fuc me, I agree with both of you fucktards! They give you two simultaneous electroshock therapy at the nuthouse today?
No. But it would appear you are getting smarter.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Allahu Akbar!

Happy?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #14
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
You see how it is done, Yssup? By next week, WTF and I will be buddies! You should seek out COG, Whirlaway, JDB and some of the others, extend the hand of friendship. They are reasonable and intelligent guys, and probably want to be friends. KUMBAYAH!!!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

I bet WTF will be more than happy to take you downtown for your next electro shock treatment, buddy!
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women