Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60252
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48403
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41302
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35719
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
CoHorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59
Default The benefits of serving

I am still amazed on a daily basis when it comes to the generosity of others.
I recently thanked a provider that offers a veterans discount for her appointments and I know others do that as well.

When I was in uniform after 9/11, I had many meals paid for by thankful citizens. I've always been Proud of my service. Today,I stopped in a drivethru for a quick lunch and was told when I arrived at the window that it had been taken care of. I have Purple Heart license plates on my daily vehicle and this was a first for me. I have received many waves and nods before, but this was touching.

Thank you ladies for recognizing us and thanks for everything all you great people do.
CoHorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Guest062124
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

That is so awesome! I am a big fan of Paying it forward and you certainly deserve special treatment for your service to our country.
Guest062124 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

I feel for the poor folks in the clandestine services who have to pay rack rate.
Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
S-Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpi3000 View Post
I feel for the poor folks in the clandestine services who have to pay rack rate.
May be they can expense it if required for their cover?
S-Man is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
JustMe68
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 41595

God bless you, CoHorn, and thank you deeply for your dedicated service! I thank veterans every chance I get, and have paid for several meals/purchases when I've noticed them shopping.

I'm just an LMT, but happily offer a veteran's discount if you're interested in a massage. Feel free to PM me.
JustMe68 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
CenterLock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I hear of people honoring veterans nowadays. I don't look for it, personally; but even if I don't take someone/someplace up on their veteran offer, I still find I frequent those that make the offer more so than those who don't (given two like offerings).

I view it as an acknowledgement that many fail to see. What's sad is the rapid decline after "times of turmoil" in such acknowledgements.
CenterLock is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
cardinal
Gaining Momentum

Thank you for your service!
cardinal is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
Pistol Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

CoHorn, we do live in more appreciative times than 40 years ago when I "came home from the war". Nobody, except maybe my immediate famly, gave a good goddamn. Thank you for your service. And to all my Vietnam compatriots, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Pistol Man
Pistol Man is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
ForeverYoung
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

CoHorn...thank you for your service!
I too think that people are more appreciative now than was my experience in the 60-70s era.
ForeverYoung is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
Gonzo DFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

The receptions are far warmer today than during Vietnam, for sure. I still remember the chilly reception. But that's a good thing.
Gonzo DFW is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #11
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I hope it lasts. The shame is that overall, very few Americans even know someone who is serving in the current conflict. The military is at war, but America isn't and that is a terrible situation. It still shocks some guys in uniform I think, when someone notices. I was in line for coffee at a Starbuck's in El Paso a couple of years ago right behind an E6. I thought I was going to have to wrestle him to get him to let me buy his coffee.

"Look sarge, between my son and nephews we've sweated out five tours so far. If you let me buy your coffee it lets me think that maybe somebody will do the same for one of them." So he relented.

A note you guys will appreciate. My son had NG drill veteran's day weekend. He and his buds were at a bar the night before drill when a guy walks up to 'em and asks, "Are you guys veterans?" After they said yes, he sat down with them and pulled out a roll of hundreds and informed them they were going to stay right there until it was gone.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122

yeah, but back in the 60's and 70's, it mostly wasnt mainstream folks giving vets the cold shoulder or a kick in the ass. i didnt really support why we were in vietnam, but i did care about men and women who were tossed in that mess.

my dad was in the army air corp in WW II and in the air force in early 50s [when he died, non-service related]. i know first hand what being in a service family is like. i have his 48 star american burial flag and his dog tags in my home office to remind me what he did for my family and our country.

so, to ALL who have ever served and/or fought in our country's armed forces, no matter when or where ...
THANK YOU
FOR YOUR TIME, ENERGY, PASSION,
HONOR, AND SERVICE!!!!!
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #13
hotlips_houlihan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2374
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHorn View Post
I am still amazed on a daily basis when it comes to the generosity of others. I recently thanked a provider that offers a veterans discount for her appointments and I know others do that as well.
I wonder if the day will ever come where gents are "more" generous to those of us ladies who served
hotlips_houlihan is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
LuckJack
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32
My ECCIE Reviews

Damn Meg should have known. It is so much better than it was in my era (Jurassic) I pretty much left the country in 67 and really don't return until 72. It was a different place. I was spit on at the SF airport and called a baby killer, if only they knew the truth but that is another story. Glad you had the experienced Brother Ranger and I hope it never goes back to the way it was after Vietnam.
LuckJack is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #15
mtabsw
Edge Toy

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese foster View Post
That is so awesome! I am a big fan of Paying it forward and you certainly deserve special treatment for your service to our country.
When I served, the Navy still had sails. Was that too far back in history to qualify for any of your special treatment?
mtabsw is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women