Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-16-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8
Default America regains it's focus!

During the ill fated Spring of 2003, George W. Bush lost his focus upon the perpetrators of 9/11 and invaded Iraq. Two of the principle reasons used by the Administration to justify the invasion of Iraq were:

(1) Iraq was somehow involved in 9/11.
(2) Iraq (still) possessed Weapons Of Mass Destruction and were intent upon using such weapons against American interests, both at home and abroad!

Both of the principle claims used by the Administration to justify the need for America to invade Iraq were later found to be false. GW's mistake cost the American taxpayer $1 trillion, approximately 4,500 American lives and thousands upon thousands more who were injured, many of them seriously. This poorly conceived war proved to be a mistake of catastrophic proportions and eventually was a principle factor in the financial collapse that occurred in September of 2008 and beyond. Therein lies the legacy of GW's 8 year Presidency.

In 2008, a war weary American public elected a President who boldly proclaimed that he would end American involvement in Iraq. Less than 3 years after taking office, America's involvement in Iraq is finally over. Thank you Mr. President!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this board. We are withdrawing from Iraq on the timetable George Bush negotiated. Obama had nothing to do with it. In fact, he wanted to extend our presence, but the Iraqis wouldn't hear of it. They want us out.

Obama promised to have us out of Afghanistan and Iraq within one year of taking office. He lied. He also lied about closing Gitmo, and now, in fact, he has opened Gitmo to American citizens arrested on American soil suspected of being terrorists with no judicial review.

Thanks for nothing, Mr. President.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

[quote=CuteOldGuy;1946882]That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this board. We are withdrawing from Iraq on the timetable George Bush negotiated. Obama had nothing to do with it. In fact, he wanted to extend our presence, but the Iraqis wouldn't hear of it. They want us out

think the Iraqis wouldn't give the troops immunity from prosecution so we didn't stay.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default . . . and the revisionism begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
This poorly conceived war . . . was a principle factor in the financial collapse that occurred in September of 2008 and beyond.
. . . and the revisionism begin.

What about derivatives, tranches, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act,
sub-prime mortgages, greed, etc.?

By your analysis, those guys the SEC are after have nothing to worry about:

SEC Brings Crisis-Era Suits

Fannie, Freddie Ex-Executives Face Cases Stemming From Subprime Disclosures

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...955780788.html
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 AM   #5
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
During the ill fated Spring of 2003, George W. Bush lost his focus upon the perpetrators of 9/11 and invaded Iraq. Two of the principle reasons used by the Administration to justify the invasion of Iraq were:

(1) Iraq was somehow involved in 9/11.

In 2008, a war weary American public elected a President who boldly proclaimed that he would end American involvement in Iraq. Less than 3 years after taking office, America's involvement in Iraq is finally over. Thank you Mr. President!
Other than some op-ed article out of the Chronicle or the American-Statesman, can you point to one direct quote from George W. Bush in which HE states:

"Iraq was somehow involved in 9/11"?

Now, as for WMD's:

When did you personally learn as a fact that there were no WMD's in Iraq?

As for your praise of Obaminable's mastery of international relations .....

... aka "The French Solution"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111801118.html

But I share your pain BT, it's tough living in Austin without falling victim to their revisionism.

So as for the 2011 "announcement" ... how many times does he have to announce something before it actually happens ... (see below for instance) .... then see job growth, economic growth, reduction of health care costs, health coverage for all persons in this country (temporarily or otherwise), transparency, integrity, respected around the world, ... the friggin' list of empty promises is endless .... and tiresome ...

...let's not forget GITMO ...

Being CIC/POTUS is a lot tougher than overseeing the removal of insulation from a housing project .... and calling it "communty organizing" .... the overseer must figure out how to replace the insulation that was removed, so the tenant's won't freeze their asses off when winter arrives!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

[quote=ekim008;1947353]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this board. We are withdrawing from Iraq on the timetable George Bush negotiated. Obama had nothing to do with it. In fact, he wanted to extend our presence, but the Iraqis wouldn't hear of it. They want us out

think the Iraqis wouldn't give the troops immunity from prosecution so we didn't stay.
Bush got around that condidtion, Obama wasn't able to do so. I don't think he tried very hard to extend stay.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Peace and Prosperty

The invasion of Iraq was one of the most idiotic things I have seen our country do since it elected Richard Nixon as President.

I opposed that war from the minute it was announced and then Senator Barack Obama was only one of a handful of souls brave enough in Washington to buck the system and oppose it too.

It does shock and dismay me that even to this day, some people still think the Iraq war was a good call. Even with a trillion dollars down the toilet and thousands of brave soldiers killed or wounded, they cannot see how horribly wrong that war was?

I just don't how some people can be so blind, but I glad that nightmare is over and grateful to President Obama for bringing our troops home.

The war is over.

Unemployment is down.

It is high time that America and the world can
finally focus on peace and prosperity once again.

. . . Merry Christmas!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default What Would Thw World Be Like......

if we had not invaded Iraq and at last got rid of the Hussein Dynasty.

By now, Saddam would have handed over power to those two thug Sons of his, and we would have another generation of "Thugocracy", complete with rape rooms and mass graves.

Just something to think about.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Ill Conceived

Just to be clear, I am glad that Saddam is gone. Very glad.

Without a doubt, the world is a much better place without him.

However, look at the bigger world picture and the price we paid.

We already had him in a box and perhaps the people of Iraq would have overthrown him as we have seen many other dictators thrown out of power.

The way we went about it was clumsy and ill-conceived.

. . . We threw away our treasure and spilled our blood to fix another country's problem while our economy was going to the dogs and they did not even want us there!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

[quote=dilbert firestorm;1950055]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post

Bush got around that condidtion, Obama wasn't able to do so. I don't think he tried very hard to extend stay.
Guess you are one of the folks wanting us to remain,so we can piss off more money,and loose more troops.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

[quote=ekim008;1950792]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post

Guess you are one of the folks wanting us to remain,so we can piss off more money,and loose more troops.
its not that. its a question of making sure that country is stable and secure.

Look, the U.S. has been in Germany & Japan since the end of world war II and the U.S. made sure that those countries remained stable an secure. Iraq on the other hand is not exactly a secure & stable state. I think we are pulling out too soon.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

[quote=dilbert firestorm;1952454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post

Look, the U.S. has been in ......
.... South Korea .... we lost a few there also.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #13
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

[quote=LexusLover;1953212]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post

.... South Korea .... we lost a few there also.
that too!! Unlike WWII, U.S. didn't exactly win nor lose there.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #14
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Good to know...

BDS, (Bush Derangement Syndrome), is still alive and well.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
if we had not invaded Iraq and at last got rid of the Hussein Dynasty.

By now, Saddam would have handed over power to those two thug Sons of his, and we would have another generation of "Thugocracy", complete with rape rooms and mass graves.

Just something to think about.
so what you are saying is that you want the uniteed states to invade countries we do not agree with and make them over to be like us? And stay there to insured they stay so! What about our own states. I thought you guys wanted to let the states run themselves as they see fit. What happened to your conserative view point when it come to world politics?
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women