Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162863
Yssup Rider60528
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36408
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default THE LETTER THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION DIDN'T WANT OUR SOLDIERS TO HEAR....

From the Catholic Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA......

26 January 2012

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ:

It is imperative that I call to your attention an alarming and serious matter that negatively impacts the Church in the United States directly, and that strikes at the fundamental right to religious liberty for all citizens of any faith. The federal government, which claims to be “of, by, and for the people,” has just dealt a heavy blow to almost a quarter of those people—the Catholic population—and to the millions more who are served by the Catholic faithful. It is a blow to a freedom that you have fought to defend and for which you have seen your buddies fall in battle.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced last week that almost all employers, including Catholic employers, will be forced to offer their employees’ health coverage that includes sterilization, abortion-inducing drugs, and contraception. Almost all health insurers will be forced to include those immoral “services” in the health policies they write. And almost all individuals will be forced to buy that coverage as a part of their policies.

In so ruling, the Administration has cast aside the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, denying to Catholics our Nation’s first and most fundamental freedom, that of religious liberty. And as a result, unless the rule is overturned, we Catholics will be compelled to choose between violating our consciences or dropping health coverage for our employees (and suffering the penalties for doing so). The Administration’s sole concession was to give our institutions one year to comply.

We cannot—we will not—comply with this unjust law. People of faith cannot be made second-class citizens. We are already joined by our brothers and sisters of all faiths and many others of good will in this important effort to regain our religious freedom. Our parents and grandparents did not come to these shores to help build America’s cities and towns, its infrastructure and institutions, its enterprise and culture, only to have their posterity stripped of their God given rights. In generations past, the Church has always been able to count on the faithful to stand up and protect her sacred rights and duties. I hope and trust she can count on this generation of Catholics to do the same. Your children and grandchildren deserve nothing less.

Therefore, I ask two things of you. First, as a community of faith we must commit ourselves to prayer and fasting that wisdom and justice may prevail, and religious liberty may be restored. Without God, we can do nothing; with God, nothing is impossible. Second, I would also recommend visiting www.usccb.org/conscience, to learn more about this severe assault on religious liberty, and how to contact Congress in support of legislation that would reverse the Administration’s decision.

Grateful even now for your support, I remain

Sincerely in Christ,

(Most Reverend) Timothy P. Broglio
Archbishop for the Military Services
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The President said recently that the Constitution simply gets in the way of what he wants to do. (That's a paraphrase.) The Constitution as we know it no longer exists. It's a shame, it was a beautiful document.

I'm not a religionist, but I fully support the Catholics in this one. Not because I am anti-abortion, but because I am pro-Constitution.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Like you need a reason not to vote for Obama
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I don't need a reason, I'm trying to explain why YOU have a reason to not vote for him. He is a danger to freedom. The bedrock of our freedom is the Constitution, which has been eroded almost entirely away. President Obama is open about his disdain of the document he swore before God and the American people to preserve, protect and defend.

He should not be POTUS.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Yep, Obama has disdain for the Constitution...........and American Exceptionalism.

But he will fail in his efforts of destroying the Constitution.....he will be a one term President; the worse President in American history, the most devisive in American history, and President of the worse expansion of debt on the American people.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

I've noticed that this board could have benefited from some poster's parents having sterilization covered by their health insurance...just sayin'...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

We all appreciate your input, Wakeup. Now do you have anything to say about the topic, or do you just want to drive by and pretend you are smarter than everyone else?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
We all appreciate your input, Wakeup. Now do you have anything to say about the topic, or do you just want to drive by and pretend you are smarter than everyone else?
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Pretend? Not so much...

And I was directly on topic...did you RTFA?
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ok, drive on by.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Ignore........literally.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

While the government has no right to force any organization to promote or provide contraceptives etc., the same rules do not apply to the military. As the CinC, the POSITOO has, I think, the right to suppress this letter within the military.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women