Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60209
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48387
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41252
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default I would ask if this doesn't personally pertain to you - keep your snotty nose comments to yourself.....

http://www.military.com/military-rep...SRC=miltrep.nl

Proposed DoD Budget Hits Military Retirees and Families
Retirees Asked to Cough Up $13 Billion Over Five Years

http://www.capwiz.com/military/issue...004936&type=ML
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisrn View Post
http://www.military.com/military-rep...SRC=miltrep.nl

Proposed DoD Budget Hits Military Retirees and Families
Retirees Asked to Cough Up $13 Billion Over Five Years

http://www.capwiz.com/military/issue...004936&type=ML
AWWW DENNY, WUZ DA MATTER BUMPKINS?? DO I PISS ON YOUR PARADE TOO MUCH????

Hey denny, remember this?

"...and as I have posted before in other areas - this is the nicest thing I see on eccie at times:

This message is hidden because 1NEMESIS is on your ignore list.

and I am so pleased to see this thread from a very nice young lady - and now some of you are seeing why I have always said she is definitely on my Top Shelf and a wonderful friend!!..

See boys and girls, denny likes to tell everyone to use their ignore button on my comments so this is a little payback. If you want to ignore him here is the ignore button for you:
http://http://www.eccie.net/profile.php?do=ignorelist

I personally don't ignore denny cuz' he's special in my book and I understand, it's hard to be denny…..LMAO!! Now don't get your chones in a bunch, I'm only funnin'
1NEMESIS is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Either stick to the topic of the thread or stay out of the thread. I will not ask again.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
nissanjay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Having just retired from active duty a few years ago, the legislation isn't surprising.

Entitlements are really being scrutinized and the American taxpayer can't afford the cost of continuing "business as usual" when it comes to the military pension and benefits for retirees and their families.

It also wouldn't be surprising to see more legislation extending the career of an active duty member to 30+ years before they are eligible for retirement, just like most places in the public sector. I'm sure the active duty will also be asked to contribute toward their retirement just like everyone else is asked to so there's an equitable cost-sharing.

Right now, premiums for TRI-CARE are ridiculously low and there are so many other benefits for retired active duty the public isn't aware of that have skyrocketed entitlements to a level beyond sustainment.

I think a "grandfather" clause (as of a certain date) would be more honorable and accepting by the overall military community. They are aware of our economic imbalance. I think we all agree the Federal Government is spending too much and everything needs to be looked at as long as it's looked at bipartisan.

My .02, kind sir.

Nj
nissanjay is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

thank you for your serious thoughts Nj
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

the gov keeps cutting away at military benefits yet i don't see this happening to other government jobs. seems like government employees continue to enjoy great benefits and congress doesn't seem to go after cutting their benefits.

do you know congress has passed a bill that allows children of congressional staffers to not have to pay back their government student loans? Talk about losing touch with the american people.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
nissanjay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

You're welcome, Dennis!

SATx = you open up a whole different can of worms when it comes to federal employees but you're spot on!
nissanjay is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
raedy4funn45
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

I can understand the need to make cuts, but to enforce it on veterans's who EARNED these benefits and are already retired is wrong.

To make FUTURE retired military (and realistically ALL Federal employees) fall under these new rules is reasonable. (And yes, it would affect me, as I did not retire yet).

Retiring after 20 years at age 38, or even 30 years at 48, is just not reasonable, especially with the life expectancy in the 80's.

I expect the government employees (local, state, and federal) to have 401K type plans in leiu of pensions somewhere in the future, just like private business is doing.
raedy4funn45 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Wow. I read that they (the government) was gearing towards this. I just didn't expect it so soon. It makes me glad that I got out when I did. I would have been nearing twenty years in three more (years) if I would have remained on service. My heart goes out to those of you that decided to stay in long enough to retire.
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
darter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Here's an example for ya, my mother told me a few days ago that she picked up a script that cost 12.50 last month and was 75.00 this month. That's with tri care... incredible!
darter is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

November can't get here soon enough.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

I hope not, but I have the feeling that he will be reelected.
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
snake_tony
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Don't know about that JJ. If I were to bet on it I'd say it all hinges on that unemployment number and how disenchanted young people are with the POTUS.

As to the original posting by dennisrn, I think nissanjay hit it on the head. All entitlements, military or otherwise, have come under scrutiny due to the increased focus on the deficit, so it makes sense that a Democrat POTUS would put military cuts on the chopping block. Obviously, a Republican wouldn't dare touch that regardless of all the recent anti-federal spending rhetoric.

My question is: How did we ever get on this deficit-focused train in the first place? Clearly the U.S. has enough tax revenue to cover its interest payments. And our debt to GDP ratio is nowhere close to Greece's, Italy's, or Portugal's.

I would think unemployment, short term economic growth, and the housing crises would take precedence. Oi, but what do I know? I'm just a lonely snake...
snake_tony is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #14
1NEMESIS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_tony View Post
Don't know about that JJ. If I were to bet on it I'd say it all hinges on that unemployment number and how disenchanted young people are with the POTUS.

As to the original posting by dennisrn, I think nissanjay hit it on the head. All entitlements, military or otherwise, have come under scrutiny due to the increased focus on the deficit, so it makes sense that a Democrat POTUS would put military cuts on the chopping block. Obviously, a Republican wouldn't dare touch that regardless of all the recent anti-federal spending rhetoric.

My question is: How did we ever get on this deficit-focused train in the first place? Clearly the U.S. has enough tax revenue to cover its interest payments. And our debt to GDP ratio is nowhere close to Greece's, Italy's, or Portugal's.

I would think unemployment, short term economic growth, and the housing crises would take precedence. Oi, but what do I know? I'm just a lonely snake...
"My question is: How did we ever get on this deficit-focused train in the first place? Clearly the U.S. has enough tax revenue to cover its interest payments. And our debt to GDP ratio is nowhere close to Greece's, Italy's, or Portugal's.

I would think unemployment, short term economic growth, and the housing crises would take precedence. Oi, but what do I know? I'm just a lonely snake…"[/QUOTE]

You know a hell of a lot more than most people to recognize that the deficit has nothing to do with the short term economic crisis, but alas, enter the republican propaganda machine and Obama and the Democrats inability to communicate in a simplistic, bumper sticker slogan manner to the understanding of the unwashed masses and there you have it, a perfect vehicle for republicans to introduce drastic austerity measures as the solution and delay economic recovery long enough to defeat Obama.
1NEMESIS is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #15
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

While military benefits should be reviewed just like any other government program I hope people keep two things in mind. The first is that only people that put in the full 20 years get them and the second is that it is the only job where you can be ordered to do things that have a high likelihood that you will be killed or severely injured. That level of risk deserves a greater compensation than most jobs.
Laz is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women