Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70551
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48051
pyramider46370
bambino40807
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
CJ7
Valued Poster

Default President Bush's former Secretary of Defense

http://on.aol.com/video/robert-gates...hazi-517777439

WASHINGTON -- Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates defended the Obama administration's response to the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack in Benghazi on Sunday, saying he would not have done anything different militarily if he had still been at the Pentagon.
"Frankly had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were," said Gates on CBS's "Face the Nation," referring to the role of then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Martin Dempsey.
"We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East -- despite all the turmoil that's going on, with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment's notice. And so getting somebody there in a timely way -- would have been very difficult, if not impossible."
Republicans have harshly criticized the Obama administration's military response to the Benghazi attack. In recent days, they have been championing the suggestions of Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission for the U.S. in Libya, who testified before a House committee last week.
Hicks said he was furious that the administration did not send in a team of Special Forces or fly a fighter jet over Benghazi to intimidate the attackers.
Gates did not single out Hicks by name on Sunday, but he mocked those sorts of suggestions, saying they painted "a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces."
"And frankly, I've heard, 'Well, why didn't you just fly a fighter jet over and try and scare 'em with the noise or something?' Well, given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from Qaddafi's arsenals, I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft -- over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said "And with respect to -- sending in special forces or a small group of people to try and provide help, based on everything I have read, people really didn't know what was going on in Benghazi contemporaneously," Gates added. "And to send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think, would have been very dangerous."

Gates served under both Obama and President George W. Bush as defense secretary.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

if Bush and Gates were in office when Benghazi went down do you think W would be receiving the same questioning from the House Republitards?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
http://on.aol.com/video/robert-gates...hazi-517777439

WASHINGTON -- Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates defended the Obama administration's response to the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack in Benghazi on Sunday, saying he would not have done anything different militarily if he had still been at the Pentagon.
"Frankly had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were," said Gates on CBS's "Face the Nation," referring to the role of then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Martin Dempsey.
"We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East -- despite all the turmoil that's going on, with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment's notice. And so getting somebody there in a timely way -- would have been very difficult, if not impossible."
Republicans have harshly criticized the Obama administration's military response to the Benghazi attack. In recent days, they have been championing the suggestions of Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission for the U.S. in Libya, who testified before a House committee last week.
Hicks said he was furious that the administration did not send in a team of Special Forces or fly a fighter jet over Benghazi to intimidate the attackers.
Gates did not single out Hicks by name on Sunday, but he mocked those sorts of suggestions, saying they painted "a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces."
"And frankly, I've heard, 'Well, why didn't you just fly a fighter jet over and try and scare 'em with the noise or something?' Well, given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from Qaddafi's arsenals, I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft -- over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said "And with respect to -- sending in special forces or a small group of people to try and provide help, based on everything I have read, people really didn't know what was going on in Benghazi contemporaneously," Gates added. "And to send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think, would have been very dangerous."

Gates served under both Obama and President George W. Bush as defense secretary.
Four things are immediately apparent, CBJ7.

1) Gates doesn't address the fact that Odumbo reduced the Mediterranean fleet; thus, any possibility that there would be a contingency of Marines nearby.

2) Gates doesn't address nor have an excuse for the administration's decision to DECREASE embassy security in Libya in the weeks before the anniversary of 9/11.

3) Gates doesn't address nor have an excuse for HidaBeast's fucked-up decision requiring Ambassador Stevens to work in an unprotected "facility" in Benghazi. And you, CBJ7, and your ilk can cry and squirm all you want: HildaBeast made a fucked up decision on the anniversary of 9/11.

4) And most importantly, notice how Gates doesn't address nor excuse Odumbo and HildaBeast's lies afterwards.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #4
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

CJ7, what in the HELL do you think you are doing? You are talking to these guys (and girl) here who truly believe the cartoons.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
CJ7, what in the HELL do you think you are doing? You are talking to these guys (and girl) here who truly believe the cartoons.
Here's a non-token reminder of the facts, Randy4Andy:

http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1052875403&postcount=3
Old 05-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Four things are immediately apparent, CBJ7.

1) Gates doesn't address the fact that Odumbo reduced the Mediterranean fleet; thus, any possibility that there would be a contingency of Marines nearby.

2) Gates doesn't address nor have an excuse for the administration's decision to DECREASE embassy security in Libya in the weeks before the anniversary of 9/11.

3) Gates doesn't address nor have an excuse for HidaBeast's fucked-up decision requiring Ambassador Stevens to work in an unprotected "facility" in Benghazi. And you, CBJ7, and your ilk can cry and squirm all you want: HildaBeast made a fucked up decision on the anniversary of 9/11.

4. And most importantly, notice how Gates doesn't address nor excuse Odumbo and HildaBeast's lies afterwards.

it doesn't matter if house republicans cut state dept funding, remember?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

yeah, I fucked up didn't I .. no cartoons no saavy

my bad
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
it doesn't matter if house republicans cut state dept funding, remember?
That sounds like HildaBeast talking about dead Americans, but actually it's what Charlene Lamb* stated during her Congressional testimony. The decision to reduce -- "normalize" -- embassy security in Libya was a political decision, and not a fiscal decision imposed by the budget.

Furthermore, CBJ7, the U.S. Embassy is STILL in Tripoli, not Benghazi. HildaBeast made a fucked-up decision sending Stevens to Benghazi on the anniversary of 9/11!!!! Americans died and HildaBeast and Odumbo lied!!!!

On 11 September 2012, the U.S. Embassy in Barbados had its compliment of Marines for security, Ambassador Stevens stationed in Libya had NONE. Valerie Jarrett had more security while on Vacation in Martha's Vineyard than Ambassador Stevens had in Benghazi.

*http://cnsnews.com/news/article/stat...bassy-barbados
Old 05-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
if Bush and Gates were in office when Benghazi went down do you think W would be receiving the same questioning from the House Republitards?
Not a peep!....it would be the Dem's crying, "The poor families deserve the truth!". What a circle jerk up in Washington.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
yeah, I fucked up didn't I .. no cartoons no saavy

my bad
Here are some "pictures" for you two libertards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRKG...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Not a peep!....it would be the Dem's crying, "The poor families deserve the truth!". What a circle jerk up in Washington.

hell, the dems didn't squak this when W duped the world
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #12
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
You Dimotards are still squawking and blaming Bush. Hell, in last Friday's White House briefing, WH spokesman Carney had the audacity to again blame Bush for events that transpired on Odumbo's watch between 2011 and 2013!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Good point!....Probably because half of them sided with Bush and Cheney in all that cherry picked intel in the run up to the Iraq War. They didn't have the balls to say "You fuc'd us on the intel!" .... probably because the country had moved on. Our citizen really only seem to care when their pocketbook is effected directly.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

If Bush were still in office I have reasonably good faith that we would have responded and there would be no need for Monday morning quarterbacking except for the idiots who thought he should have waited. Then again, we may not have been trying to ship weapons to Syrian rebels throught to Turkey so Stevens would not have been there. If Bush were still in office the naval presence would have not been reduced. If Bush were still in office we would have gotten the agreement with Iraq and a stronger presence in Liyba if Ghaddafi was gone. So many things and I am just scratching the surface. You can't just throw out something without thinking it all the way through. Then again, you don't know that.

By the way, if Bush were still president unemployment would be lower and the IRS wouldn't be investigating Americans for believing in limited government or conservative principals..
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You Dimotards are still squawking and blaming Bush. Hell, in last Friday's White House briefing, WH spokesman Carney had the audacity to again blame Bush for events that transpired on Odumbo's watch between 2011 and 2013!!!!

Anyone who squawks like you do Ida Bell should cut him some slack.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women