Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default RYAN'S SPEECH....GREAT !

Best line IMO:

“College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life.”

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Obama wants everyone to think they're stuck on the escalator, that they can't progress without the government. He wants those young people, who can't get jobs, to rely on the government to take care of them, for the rest of their lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXCuGvsThEw
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Best line IMO:

“College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life.”

Too bad that Ryan forgot to mention that college students who are our future shouldn't have to worry about how they can afford college or whether the fact they want to go to college and better themselves will risk the chance of putting their parents in debt. Pell Grant under Ryan's system will lose 170 Billion dollars- that's a lot of students: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1383178.html
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Best line IMO:

Best Lie IMO ...

he forgot to mention this lil ditty ..

More than 1 million students would lose Pell grants entirely over the next 10 years under Rep. Paul Ryan’s budget, according to an analysis that the national reform organization Education Trust provided to The Huffington Post.
And by the looks of it, the Ryan budget, which is slated to hit the House floor this week, would hit the poorest kids hardest. [...]
The budget would cut Pell grant eligibility for students who attend classes on a less-than-halftime schedule — which usually means low-income students who need to work their way through college.
And it gets worse. Sixty percent of students who receive Pell grants also take out loans — twice the rate for college students overall — so they might be doubly hit by the Ryan cuts: In addition to receiving less Pell money, they would have to start paying interest on their loans while still in school.
A new study shows that nearly half of American college students drop out before obtaining a degree, with cost being one of the main factors cited. Since 1985, the cost of college tuition and fees has nearly sextupled, while student loan debt in the U.S., according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, has cleared $1 trillion.
At the same time that they’re proposing to cut Pell Grants, Republicans have become fond of promoting for-profit colleges, despite those schools having a record of leaving students buried in debt and with bleak job prospects. Currently, more than three-quarters of for-profit students fail to earn a degree after six years and they are more likely to default on their loans than students at non-profit institutions.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Best line IMO:

Also, there are many college students who have illness and get sick as well- Romney and Ryan want to repeal Obamacare which has a provision that keeps children up until the age of 26 on their parents insurance- I think that comes in handy.

Can either you or Joe tell me what Romney's/Ryan plan was to fix Healthcare?????

Oh wait a minute- I know what it is- it's the Health Plan called RomneyCare which is essentially Obamacare with a few modifications!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Here's Fact Check about Ryan's speech- remember anyone can deliver a speech- but it's full of lies and misinformation:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...6#.UD-WbdaPVOI
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

There you have the difference; Obama destroys the upward mobility of the private sector, forcing government dependence...and the Liberals love the outcome.

Which is Ryan's 2nd best line of the night:

"None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers – a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us."
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Paul Ryan’s acceptance speech at the Republican convention contained several false claims and misleading statements. Delegates cheered as the vice presidential nominee:Accused President Obama’s health care law of funneling money away from Medicare “at the expense of the elderly.” In fact, Medicare’s chief actuary says the law “substantially improves” the system’s finances, and Ryan himself has embraced the same savings.
Accused Obama of doing “exactly nothing” about recommendations of a bipartisan deficit commission — which Ryan himself helped scuttle.
Claimed the American people were “cut out” of stimulus spending. Actually, more than a quarter of all stimulus dollars went for tax relief for workers.
Faulted Obama for failing to deliver a 2008 campaign promise to keep a Wisconsin plant open. It closed less than a month before Obama took office.
Blamed Obama for the loss of a AAA credit rating for the U.S. Actually, Standard & Poor’s blamed the downgrade on the uncompromising stands of both Republicans and Democrats.And when he wasn’t attacking Obama, Ryan was puffing up the record of his running mate, Mitt Romney, on taxes and unemployment
Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Too bad that Ryan forgot to mention that college students who are our future shouldn't have to worry about how they can afford college or whether the fact they want to go to college and better themselves will risk the chance of putting their parents in debt. Pell Grant under Ryan's system will lose 170 Billion dollars- that's a lot of students: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1383178.html
Why should I have to pay for someone else's kid to go to college?
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

You are late in reading your response faxes from the Obama campgain; the plant closing was in 2009...The WAPO, and your buddies at MSNBC had the story wrong......

And Ryan's other memorable (and very true) zinger:

Listen to the way we’re spoken to already, as if everyone is stuck in some class or station in life, victims of circumstances beyond our control, with government there to help us cope with our fate.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
Why should I have to pay for someone when they go to the ER and have no insurance?

Why should I have to pay for a storm damage that didn't affect me or my residence?

Why should someone have to pay for bridges, roads, if they don't own a car?

Why should a couple who has no children pay education taxes to a public school?

Are you starting to catch my drift- you post was very idiotic- take your complaints up to the IRS- if there's anything in this world that you would want to pay for someone else EDUCATION should be at the top.

To answer the question you should feel ok paying for someone else's child to go to college of all place so we don't have idiots like you in this world.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:

Because the government owns ALL the money. They get to decide how it's allocated. Just remember, when you get your paycheck, "you didn't earn that." Did you think you earned it, because you were are so smart and worked so hard?
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
And by the way dumbass- do you know how expensive college tuition is today? Even Ron Paul during the primaries mentioned there was a time long ago albiet that a student could actually pay his way through school with a part time job- those days are long gone.
Average 4 year college tuition is 33,000 for 4 years- do you think most parents have 33,000 disposable income? Oh they have loans right- so I guess in America we sell the dream to go to college, but when you get out you are going to be in so much debt-
Most MD's once they graduate are on average 150 to 300,000 in debt- yeah that's a way to start your career.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Woowoooo more free shit in Obama's 2nd term..........................

Which brings up another GREAT line from Ryan's speech:

They (Obama) have no answer to this simple reality: We need to stop spending money we don’t have.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

The government did not pay for my college education, I did and I'm far from rich. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. If my kids wanted to attend college, and one did, it was paid by me not the government. If they show a tendency or drive they will find a way. We already pay for their basic education, which by the way is very basic nowadays. Now if you want to up those standards back to where they used to be I'm all for that.
Dawgs is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women