Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60660
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42288
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #1
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 17
Default cbo report on raising the minimum wage

https://www.americanexperiment.org/2...-into-account/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=uxbndlbing
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:10 AM   #2
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Seems the goal is to put as many people out of work through as many means as possible by this inept Biden
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

People out of work is good, as far as democrats are concerned. The more people sucking the government dick, the fewer dead voters they need to win elections.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:56 PM   #4
El-mo
Premium Access

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
Seems the goal is to put as many people out of work through as many means as possible by this inept Biden
What’s the point of work, if you can’t live off it?
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:03 PM   #5
chizzy
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
I understand your point also, its kind of a two edged sword

if enacted, yes its better for those working a lower grade job but it will cause alot of jobs lost and prices will go up also

businesses arent going to eat the extra cost, they will pass it along.............

two sides to this one for sure
Old 01-24-2021, 12:02 AM   #6
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
If you can't live off it - better yourself. Acquire skills so you QUALIFY for a higher paying job.

We live in a free market economy. Jobs get paid what they are worth
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:18 AM   #7
yinzerpgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
If you can't live off it - better yourself. Acquire skills so you QUALIFY for a higher paying job.

If everyone does this, who is going to clean the restrooms and hand you your precious burger and fries through the drive-thru window?
yinzerpgh is online now   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:21 AM   #8
El-mo
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerpgh View Post
If everyone does this, who is going to clean the restrooms and hand you your precious burger and fries through the drive-thru window?
This is the part that slips through their rehearsed talking points. If everyone got an advanced degree and learned a skilled trade tomorrow, someone would still have to pick the tomatoes and mop the floors. The majority of work will always fall into the so-called “unskilled” category.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #9
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerpgh View Post
A kid looking to make some beer or college tuition money. A retiree supplementing their income or just give them something to do. I made $270 every 2 weeks wheeelbarrowing concrete around all summer in the early 80’s. It covered having a car and some spending cash, built work ethic and was never intended to be anything more.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
El-mo
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
A kid looking to make some beer or college tuition money. A retiree supplementing their income or just give them something to do. I made $270 every 2 weeks wheeelbarrowing concrete around all summer in the early 80’s. It covered having a car and some spending cash, built work ethic and was never intended to be anything more.
Intended? No private sector job is “intended” to do anything but help create revenue for the owner. No one “creates” a job to give a kid a few extra bucks. They hire someone because the business needs someone to do that work.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:50 AM   #11
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Well duh, and the amount of that revenue stream is reflected in the salary . Certain jobs produce little to no value/productivity/income for the employer, can be done by nearly anyone, and the compensation reflects that. People know this going in and are free to not accept the position. It’s not (shouldn’t be) the government’s function to intercede in a contract that both parties deem acceptable.

Intended — by the employee. Maybe expected would have been a better choice of wording.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:08 PM   #12
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I’m a republican (moderate) and small business owner. I’d be embarrassed to offer someone a job under $15. How the hell can anyone live off less then that? Yes, prices may go up and maybe a few jobs will be lost but we need to be realistic.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #13
swpa1706
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I’m a republican (moderate) and small business owner. I’d be embarrassed to offer someone a job under $15. How the hell can anyone live off less then that? Yes, prices may go up and maybe a few jobs will be lost but we need to be realistic.
I agree with you, but right wingers don’t understand logic. They care about no one but themselves. These are the same people who defend anything and everything Trump says and are jacking off at the thought of a civil war. It’s a disease.
swpa1706 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #14
swpa1706
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:

You act like there is an unlimited supply of well-paying jobs out there, and that everyone has the means to better themselves enough to qualify for them. $7 an hour is a fucking joke, no one can live on that. I’m sick of people parroting this crap, the whole “fuck you, I got mine” attitude. Get over yourself, wake up and see how things are in the real world. You asshole conservatives are doing your damndest to keep us stuck in the 50’s... move on.
swpa1706 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:06 PM   #15
chizzy
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpa1706 View Post
I agree with you, but right wingers don’t understand logic. They care about no one but themselves. These are the same people who defend anything and everything Trump says and are jacking off at the thought of a civil war. It’s a disease.
pretty dumb statement, once again trying to lump all right wingers into what you think.

im a right wing guy and as i stated before, i see both sides of the agruement

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women