Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60191
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default WHY WE NEED VOTER ID...........

Short video of why we need voter ID laws .......................

https://www.theprojectveritas.com/ci...?reset=1&id=90
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Roothead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

didn't hit the link, but as a more liberal independent, I can still agree with the concept - I feel it is entirely appropriate to require ID when voting, if only to verify the signature in the precinct book (not sure if they have them in all states, but back east they did)....

If you want to vote, make the effort to get registered and to obtain a formal government issued ID card....

I hear all the left saying it will set us back to the days before hte voting rights act, but in this day and age, getting a proper and legal ID is pretty easy if you are on the up and up.... if you can't get one or won't get one, then your free-will choice is to incur the inconveniences that you have chosen....

pretty cut and dried to me, it seems
Roothead is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Everywhere I have voted I have had to show an ID.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Everybody neds to be implanted with an id chip
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

From ID to chip in one fell swoop. Who said there are no crazies on the left?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Everywhere I have voted I have had to show an ID.
If the law stays the same, ask to speak to the election judge there and tell him/her that you don't have an ID and insist on voting. I guarantee you will be able to vote.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I was an election judge on more than one occasion. We asked for ID but if push came to shove then we had to allow them to vote and put it in a provisional ballot. Someone above me probably mixed them together at the election office but I'll never know.

If someone pointed out that a voter was deceased then I point a red line through their name and wrote deceased next to it.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

These people aren't piling up, they're waiting to vote!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/...county-morgue/

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

the norm for Chicago politics
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkp32YMoHbQ

Here is your Project Veritas "undercover" agent.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Typical, kill the messenger. How about responding to the message?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
From ID to chip in one fell swoop. Who said there are no crazies on the left?
WTF needs it to find his way home.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #13
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I was an election judge on more than one occasion. We asked for ID but if push came to shove then we had to allow them to vote and put it in a provisional ballot.
I have been an election judge numerous times and that is exactly the way we always handled it. As far as I know it was never a problem!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #14
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I agree with the way it is handled. Those votes the Project Veritas actor was showing off would have been thrown out in the process we have. There are actual cases where school issued student photo I.D.'s are not accepted. In addition, my grandmother no longer drives and her birth certificate was burned in a courthouse fire in the 50's. She lives in another state and it would be a burden for her to have to go wait in line at a driver's license office to be able to get a photo I.D. She has voted in the same place for 60 plus years. I think the last survey I saw put the percentage of voter fraud at less than .0005 of 1% or Five in 100,000. They should be spending money fixing electronic voting machines where the receipts given can be double-checked. Many have no fail-safe ways to spot high-tech tampering and few have a way for bulk vote totals to match to exact ballots.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #15
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default a little democrat story

with this country split ideologically and with the republicans harboring thoughts that democrat machines will do anything to win an election, and with democrats responding with claims of voter suppression by republicans, voter id is just one more battle line.

there has never been anything perfect made by man. the finest chocolates, studied by a tv station in dallas, sent by them to a lab for analysis, were found to include rat hair particles, excrement, roach droppings etc. the fda allows so many parts per million of extraneous matter in things we consume for they know its impossible to achieve perfection.

there never has been a perfect vote count, a perfect fraud free election.

democrat loretta sanchez won her seat in california by fraud from ex-congressman dornan but there is a more interesting story.

lyndon johnson ran for the senate from texas in 1948 against a man name of Coke Stevenson in the primary. Mr. Stevenson was known as Mr. Texas. He was an ex-governor, beloved by simple people and ranchers. He had been a district attorney and rancher, he had captured cattle rustlers around the turn of the century as a young man. He would be invited to small town parades and rodeos, riding his horse down main street, touching the brim of his hat in that Texas manner, as the ladies waved.

it was an extremely close race, due in large part to Mr. Stevenson's popularity and uprightness alone, for at that time democrats controlled texas and lyndon was an insider. the democrat party had been in charge from the carpet bagger days and the real race was the primary race. Lyndon Johnson's people went to san antonio and gathered up people in the barrios, giving each one a $5 bill and loading them on buses to go vote. Johnsons team paid sheriff deputies $250 for delivery of a car full of mexican americans or mexicans in san antonio. But johnson held one thing in abeyance, for he was trailerpark clever. He knew that the last voting box to report had the advantage.

In Duval County, a red dirt, brush country, south texas county, was a man known as the Duke of Duval, George Parr was his name. Lyndon Johnson had him in his pocket for just such a time as this. The Parr machine was involved in all manner of corruption and bribery and illegalities. The Parr machine could produce votes, from poor and the working class.

The Duke held Box 13, in Jim Wells County, waiting to hear from lyndon. all across the state, the counts were in, lyndon made sure, all but Box 13.

The call went out, George answered, and Box 13 results came in. Lo and behold, lyndon won the state wide election by, I believe, 87 votes, all from Precinct 13.

After the election, Coke Stevenson was walking down the streets of Austin. Coming toward him was an old friend, former lawman and texas ranger Frank Hamer. Hamer was born in 1884, in Wilson County, just southeast of San Antonio. Mr. Stevenson and Hamer had been friends for years, they had captured rustlers together. Hamer had many notches on his gun and was well-known and feared. He was retired now, 64 years old. Hamer had been the man, living for a year or so out of his car, driving all over the midwest, texas and louisiana, who hunted down and ambushed bonnie and clyde. he had beat hell out of many who deserved it.

"Mr. Texas, do you need my help sir?", asked Hamer. "I just might, Frank", Mr. Stevenson answered.

stevenson had previously sent two lawyers from San Antonio to try to investigate Box 13 and they hadnt gotten to first base. Parr had the box sealed up at the bank in the vault, and paperwork didnt sway anyone in dusty Jim Wells County or Duval County.

Mr. Stevenson, Hamer, and the two attorneys made another trip. They checked into a ramshackle little hotel. They planned on visiting the bank the next day. That day came. Hamer told the attorneys to take their suit coats off, so it would be evident to all they weren't armed and self-defense or "I thought they were going for a gun", couldnt be claimed if gun play was involved. Hamer himself had two pistols at his belt.

They walked down the middle of the dusty street toward the bank. Parr had a group of pistoleros walking behind them and down side streets, shadowing them, attempting to scare them. The pistoleros were led by Parr's enforcer, Luis "Indio" Salas. Salas was Parr's feared muscle. Murder and mayhem were not unknown to him.

Behind the Stevenson group walked Salas and his men. They get to the bank door. Hamer gets Stevenson and the attorneys in the door and he himself twirls around in the doorway to face Salas and his men. Hamer places his hands on his pistols and says two words, "BACK OFF". They backed off.

In the bank, the scared banker facing Hamer and Mr. Texas opens the bank vault, and the attorneys get a look at the voting tabulation. 99.1% of box 13 had gone for lyndon, but what was more surprising, the entire population that voted, had voted in alphabetical order. For the list that was "signed" by each voter, as they voted, was in the same hand writing and the same pen and in alphabetical order. The attorneys copied the list on a separate piece of paper. Before an official investigation could be had, mysteriously, the ballots had caught fire and been burned.

lyndon hired abe fortas to represent him in the vote fraud. political machinations, democrat control and abe fortas all worked to run out the time on Coke Stevenson and johnson became senator.

to reward fortas when johnson became president, he talked arthur goldberg into resigning from the supreme court to be appointed ambassador to the united nations so johnson could appoint abe fortas to the supreme court as a reward for the 1948 fraud. later fortas himself would have to resign from the supreme court for accepting bribes.

a den of thieves.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women