Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013
Default Warning: Don't watch the video if you love animals or are easily grossed out.

Animal Abuse Video

Second State Silences Whistleblowers

Last week Utah joined Iowa in becoming the second state to pass legislation that will criminalize undercover investigations of agricultural operations.
Passed with unanimous support, HB 187 was signed into law by Governor Gary Herbert and will make it illegal to take, possess or distribute photos, video or audio recordings or to gain access to a facility under false pretenses and may result in penalties of up to a year behind bars or a $1,000 fine.
“By enacting a law that criminalizes undercover investigations revealing cruelty to animals, corporate corruption, unsafe working conditions, environmental violations, or food safety issues at factory farms, Governor Herbert has helped turn factory farms in the state into safe havens for criminal and unethical conduct,” said Nathan Runkle, executive director of Mercy for Animals.
Farm animals are already left with no federal protection and suffer through routine agricultural practices from tail docking, castration without painkillers and debeaking to being confined to in spaces so small they can’t even turn around, in addition to being left vulnerable to abuse and neglect. Undercover investigations are an indispensable tool that have lead to changes in animal welfare policies, and in some cases arrests and convictions of those who were found guilty of abuse. The fact that agribusinesses are pushing so hard, and funding efforts, to hide what’s going on behind closed doors can only leave everyone to draw the conclusion that they do, in fact, have something to hide and don’t actually want consumers making informed choices.
Last year ag gag bills failed in each of the four states they were introduced in thanks to public outrage. This year, seven states have introduced this type of legislation and bills are currently pending in Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York and Tennessee.
If you live in any of these states, please contact your legislators and ask them to support animal welfare, consumer safety and transparency in agriculture by not allowing this type of legislation to pass in any form.

"In the words of Temple Grandin; "Nature is cruel but we don't have to be"
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

In case you don't know who Temple Grandin is: http://prime.peta.org/2010/02/temple...s-we-cant-save

And no I am not a peta member and I fully understand that killing the animals is necessary if we want food at our table. I have hunted so I completely understand this. However this woman found a way to save the cattle companies big money by coming up with a way to be more humane in the processing and killing of cows and thereby reducing the profit lost from cows dying unnecessarily in the walking chutes and during immunization of them. If you can save money by not losing your product that may be deemed unusable then why not figure out a way to be more humane in a way that saves the meat from becoming contaminated or killed by unsafe killing, farming practices.

Something to think about.

See also: Temple Grandin Supports Horse Slaughter houses in the US
Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

bumping for discussion..
Old 04-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

I'm attaching a video that shows Halal slaughter. This is how the Islamist's slaughter animals because the Koran dictates it. Great Britain has converted to Halal slaughter to appease the Muslims. I hope it never becomes widespread in America. It is barbaric. It's just one more horrible aspect of "the religion of peace"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_bZzxep87c
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I'm attaching a video that shows Halal slaughter. This is how the Islamist's slaughter animals because the Koran dictates it. Great Britain has converted to Halal slaughter to appease the Muslims. I hope it never becomes widespread in America. It is barbaric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_bZzxep87c
I've seen this video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I am over my 2 scotch limit and will comment in the am
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Phew it's pretty bad. Animal videos like this always make me pretty sick. There was one done by peta about animal pelts. They would literally rip the skin off the animal and then cast the still living animal out in the sun to die. I'm a leather girl too. It's an enormous pain in the ass to verify where your leather comes from but wow ugly if you don't.

I wish my chickens knew how good they have it. Acres of grass and bugs with 2 dogs to protect them. I don't feel bad at all when they turn into fryers. They get pet and loved on and then wham.

He's not kidding about this video. It's hard to watch and I can't imagine anyone not feeling sick after they see it.

Wow. I agree with your post for once!
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

made me hungry
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Kayla ever wonder what they do with the diseased animals?

Hmm...here is some interesting info.

The farmer up the street had a llama die of unknown causes. It took him a day or so to get a tractor down to the barn so he could drag the body out of the stall and get it into his truck. He stated he was taking the body to the rendering plant.

A rendering plant is a processing operation where dead animals are recycled into products such as human food, pet food and industrial materials.
They accept and collect animals condemned at slaughterhouses (diseased or dying livestock or poultry with ID tags still attached), slaughter house waste, road kill, euthanized cats and dogs from animal shelters and veterinarian offices (including their flea collars containing toxic pesticides, ID tags and a variety of powerful drugs), horses, dead animals from farmers, dead zoo animals, rats, mice, spoiled and unsold grocery store meat still in their plastic and styrofoam wrappings, butcher shop trimmings that the butcher did not see as fit to sell and even used restaurant grease. The dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased animals are classified in the trade as 4-D meat.
here are many uses for rendered products, but one of the wide spread uses in the United States is to make low cost meats for dog and cat foods. This means your dog or cat could be eating other dogs and cats among other inferior 4-D animals not fit for human consumption.
How can you tell if your dog or cat food contains rendered products? Read the ingredients. If the food uses words such as "meat", "animal" or "poultry" without specifying what type of meat or animal they are referring to, there is a good chance that it came from a rendering plant. Some of the ingredient lingo to watch for are...
Meat and Bone Meal
Meat Meal
Bone Meal
Animal Fat
Tallow
Animal Digest
Digest
Poultry by-product meal
Poultry by-products

Below are what those ingredients mean.
Meat and Bone Meal - - a dry rendered product from mammal tissues made from slaughterhouse waste and other dead animals not suitable for human consumption. It often contains 50% protein, 35% ash, 8-12% fat, and 4-7% moisture. It includes bone, but does not include blood, hair, hoof, horn, hide trimmings, manure, stomach and rumen contents, except in such amounts as may occur unavoidably in good processing practices. The type of animal is not specified and therefore it can come from any of the sources taken in and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased animals classified as 4-D meat.
Meat Meal - - a rendered product from mammal tissues unfit for human consumption. It does not include blood, hair, hoof, horn, hide trimmings, manure, stomach and rumen contents except in such amounts as may occur unavoidably in good processing practices. The type of animal is not specified and therefore it can come from any of the sources taken in and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased animals classified as 4-D meat.
Bone Meal - - a rendered product unfit for human consumption (steamed) dried & ground product sterilized by cooking un-decomposed bones with steam under pressure. Grease, gelatin and meat fiber may or may not be removed. The type of animal is not specified and therefore it can come from any of the sources taken in and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled and diseased.
Animal Fat - - is the greasy debris left over after rendering deemed inedible for humans. It is obtained from the tissues of mammals and/or poultry in the commercial processes of rendering or extracting. It consists predominantly of glyceride esters of fatty acids and contains no additions of free fatty acids. If an antioxidant is used, the common name or names must be indicated, followed by the words "used as a preservative". Where the fat comes from is not specified so it could be any of or a combination of the sources taken in and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased animals.
Tallow - - animal fats with a titer above 40 degrees Celsius. Tallow is classified by regulators as inedible to humans. Where the fat comes from is not specified so it could be any of or a combination of the sources taken in and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled and diseased.
Animal digest - - a rendered product material of cooked-down broth made from unspecified body parts from unspecified animals unfit for human consumption. It is the results from chemical and/or enzymatic hydrolysis of clean and un-decomposed animal tissue. Materials treated with heat, enzymes and/or acids to form concentrated natural flavors. It is usually sprayed onto the kibble to make it smell and taste more appealing to the pets eating it. It is an extremely poor source of protein. Since the type of animal is not specified it can be anythnig accepted and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased animals.
Digest - - a rendered product material of cooked-down broth made from unspecified body parts from unspecified animals unfit for human consumption. It is the results from chemical and/or enzymatic hydrolysis of clean and un-decomposed animal tissue. Materials treated with heat, enzymes and/or acids to form concentrated natural flavors. It is usually sprayed onto the kibble to make it smell and taste more appealing to the pets eating it. It is an extremely poor source of protein. Since the type of animal is not specified it can be anythnig accepted and processed by the rendering plant including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased animals.
Digest is a flavoring, not a meat. For example only a small amount of a "chicken digest" is needed to produce a "chicken flavored cat food," even though no actual chicken is added to the food. Digest is unfit for human consumption.
Poultry by-product meal - - a dry rendered product of slaughtered poultry consisting of things deemed not fit for human consumption (no muscle meat included), which can include heads, beaks, necks, intestines, undeveloped eggs, viscera, free from fecal content and foreign matter (except in such amounts as might occur unavoidably in good processing practices), but does not include feathers (except in such amounts as might occur unavoidably in good processing practices). Including the dead, destroyed, dying, disabled, diseased birds.

Dogbreedinfo.com

They also use the dead bodies for fertilizer and other products.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

"A rendering plant is a processing operation where dead animals are recycled into products such as human food, "

this is not true

pig tails are removed because the pigs behind will chew them off, I think they would be clipped off with a sharp instrument but they show it in the worst way.I was once in the pig raising business

they were showing downer cows, that has stopped due to mad cow

they were showing cows getting the throats slit, that is a Jewish/Hahal requirement other wise stun guns

over crowded by who's standards? how much room should they have?

things have come along way since Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" but some people will never be happy until we are a meat free society
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Calista_Syn
Account Disabled

User ID: 121508
My ECCIE Reviews

This is no different then the old "Meet your Meat" peta video thats been around for ages. It's no secret where our food comes from, they have been mutating and genetically altering animals for a while now. See featherless chickens by KFC for example. Yet we all trust the FDA to keep us safe.. Either breed and grow your own, or deal with it, because even "free range" is a joke.
Calista_Syn is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
"A rendering plant is a processing operation where dead animals are recycled into products such as human food, "

this is not true

pig tails are removed because the pigs behind will chew them off, I think they would be clipped off with a sharp instrument but they show it in the worst way.I was once in the pig raising business

they were showing downer cows, that has stopped due to mad cow

they were showing cows getting the throats slit, that is a Jewish/Hahal requirement other wise stun guns

over crowded by who's standards? how much room should they have?

things have come along way since Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" but some people will never be happy until we are a meat free society
Fuck that, I want my meat! lol

I have no delusions of the practices that goes on in the farming meat industry. However it seems to me if you want to keep from losing your product to untrained staff or negligence that causes the animals to get sick and die then maybe they should consider using the cheap alternative analgesics that are now on the market for the farming meat industry.. as well as train your staff properly on the castration procedures so they aren't pulling muscle and intestine out by accident. I think the idea is let the piglet mature and have quality meat to sell. I don't think you could make as much of a profit off of a bunch of dead, diseased piglets and pigs in a barrel or in a landfill.

I was reading about the changes in the animals muscle tissue when it becomes stressed and how it affects the quality of the meat and also the taste. So when the animal is sick and stressed this chemical process in its body actually downgrades the quality of meat you might otherwise produce.

I don't think there is any real humane way to put an animal down even the stun guns can not be completely effective on one shot to the head which leads to having to use it more than once.

What I am seeing in these vids though are staff that seemed to be untrained or very very careless.

Again if you read up on Temple Grandin (who is autistic btw) she helped shape the cattle meat industry and more than half of those companies now use her chutes and her practices that she taught them. They lose less cattle now. After all isn't that the goal?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #13
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The old saying goes if you ever visit a slaughterhouse, you will never eat steak again.

Well, I have been in several, and I have no problem what so ever woofing down a big T-Bone.

Of course, we know that Humans are the only animals that kill in a inhumane way. Yeh, ever seen the Orcas, (killer whales), toy with the seals before they finally administer the finale? Not pretty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qMT2YBIcg
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calista_Syn View Post
This is no different then the old "Meet your Meat" peta video thats been around for ages. It's no secret where our food comes from, they have been mutating and genetically altering animals for a while now. See featherless chickens by KFC for example. Yet we all trust the FDA to keep us safe.. Either breed and grow your own, or deal with it, because even "free range" is a joke.
Please tell me how free range is a joke? I am interested in knowing..
Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The old saying goes if you ever visit a slaughterhouse, you will never eat steak again.

Well, I have been in several, and I have no problem what so ever woofing down a big T-Bone.

Of course, we know that Humans are the only animals that kill in a inhumane way. Yeh, ever seen the Orcas, (killer whales), toy with the seals before they finally administer the finale? Not pretty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qMT2YBIcg
Again Jackie just because nature is cruel does not mean we have to be.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women