Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70615
biomed161980
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453169
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48223
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37154
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Default "The Sweet Science" baby!! Catch-all Boxing Thread!!

It seems like someone only starts a thread when Mayweather or Pacquiao fight and then everybody forgets about boxing until one of them fight again. Fight fans need a thread to discuss everything going on in the sport besides just Mayweather and Pacman.

So who saw Victor Ortiz get his jaw broken saturday night? That was a hell of a fight, Lopez came in there BANGING!

It's a damn shame Mayweather has to sit in jail for 90 days or however much time he got. You know they're not feeding him right in there and he can't be getting the type of workout an elite athlete needs. It's going to be interesting to see if his 34 year-old body can get back to the level he was at once he does get out and gets back in the ring.
Sweet Discretion is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
NIKKILOVE
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 112639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Did you see Chavez KO Lee's ass?? That was a halarious few minutes~~ Lee had NO chance at all..
NIKKILOVE is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

No, I'm pissed that I missed that fight. Chavez jr. has his fight coming up with Sergio Martinez sept.15 and there is now way in hell I'm missing that one. Martinez is a BEAST and will be favored to win but either way it will be an awesome fight.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
NIKKILOVE
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 112639
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You didn't miss much... it was a quick one!! But it was good. Lee acted like he had never faught a damn round in his life...WTF?

I don't know... I think Chavez Jr will take that one too.. He is a good fighter. Martinez is a BEAST though..

If ya don't have the link Valerie gave us.. you can watch the fight for free at...

firstrowsports

I watched the Bradley/Pac fight on it..
NIKKILOVE is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

Lopez did great for a fill in fighter. I am kinda happy he won and hope to see more of him. Ortiz is kinda dirty and not my favorite fighter.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 53

Quote:
It's a damn shame Mayweather has to sit in jail for 90 days or however much time he got. You know they're not feeding him right in there and he can't be getting the type of workout an elite athlete needs. It's going to be interesting to see if his 34 year-old body can get back to the level he was at once he does get out and gets back in the ring.
You kidding me, are you standing up for this crybaby? He has the same opportunity to eat as all the rest of the inmates do. Money is just not used to being treated as a common person. Guess he should have thought about conditions inside jail before beating the crap out of his girlfriend and violently threatening his own kids.

At least Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa saw through his bullshit.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/judge-rules...158981615.html
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
texasaggie96
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey View Post
Lopez did great for a fill in fighter. I am kinda happy he won and hope to see more of him. Ortiz is kinda dirty and not my favorite fighter.
I am glad someone is calling Ortiz out for what he does. Kinda dirty, to me, is scratching the surface.
texasaggie96 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mike View Post
You kidding me, are you standing up for this crybaby? He has the same opportunity to eat as all the rest of the inmates do. Money is just not used to being treated as a common person. Guess he should have thought about conditions inside jail before beating the crap out of his girlfriend and violently threatening his own kids.

At least Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa saw through his bullshit.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/judge-rules...158981615.html
I'm not standing up for mayweather I'm just saying I don't want this to change the level that he's able to perform. Love him or hate him, you still have to respect his accomplishments and his story. He's been through some really raw, hardcore shit and literally fought his way to the top. The dude's got heart on top of heart, if nothing else.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
htownhammer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKILOVE View Post
Did you see Chavez KO Lee's ass?? That was a halarious few minutes~~ Lee had NO chance at all..
Chavez is a big middleweight. Lee's shots didn't slow him down at all. I think he'll give Martinez some trouble with his size. However, Martinez skills and conditioning will allow him to take decision or late round stoppage.

I notice some fans are calling Ortiz a quitter since he couldn't continue with his broken jaw. He deserved that rep when he quit against Maidana but fighting with a broken jaw?
htownhammer is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Gator42
Account Disabled

Encounters: 34

There were a bunch of good fights this past weekend.
Gator42 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Good fights coming up this weekend on showtime.

k9 bundrage vs cory spinks
erislandy lara vs. freddy hernandez

Bundrage and Lara are both trying to land a fight with Canelo Alvaraz sept15th, so these should be interesting fights.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Discretion View Post
I'm not standing up for mayweather I'm just saying I don't want this to change the level that he's able to perform. Love him or hate him, you still have to respect his accomplishments and his story. He's been through some really raw, hardcore shit and literally fought his way to the top. The dude's got heart on top of heart, if nothing else.
I have SUCH a love/hate relationship with Mayweather. Technically, he is a very VERY gifted fighter. Great hand speed. Great hand/eye coordination. His shoulder roll defense is the best I've ever seen with my own eyes...maybe the best of all time...

But, he grinds my gears like NOBODY else in the fight game today. I simply can't/won't call him a great fighter or consider him amongst the elites of the sport!! In terms of being a fighter...he's not even the best in his own family. Roger would kick his ass any day of the week & twice on Sunday. Black Mamba was the TRUTH!!

In terms of why I don't rate him amongst the greats...IMO...he won't take the risks it takes to be great. He gets ahead...& fights for the decision as opposed to finishing off the opponent. As for the 'scalps' on his resume...most of the names he's fought were smaller...slower...or both. The rest...he didn't fight a single one of them on the upside of their career. Sadly, even if Mayweather v. Pacqiou does occur...it won't count for much to change that. Already WAY to late in both men's careers....

For those two reasons alone...please, don't defend the brother by saying he's got heart! You can talk about his skills...his money...his public persona. But , don't go there! Dude is the TIN MAN of heart!!!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Except for PPV, is boxing even on at all? They used to have fights on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and the weekends on ABC, ESPN, USA, HBO, SHO others throughout the 80s to mid-2000. I could tell you the top contenders and champs from Lightweight to Heavyweight in most of the Federations. Now nothing.

MMA is all over the place. "Real World" like training shows on Spike. But I couldn't tell you a lot of the top guys in the divisions (or more than one or two federations) because many of these top guys are lucky if their careers last 12 fights. Do any of the champions hold their belts more than 2 defenses? Then the toll of MMA causes them to disappear.

Gone are the days when you could watch a Sugar Ray or Roy Jones start from the Olympic qualifiers to a medal to their professional debut to the 3 - 5 years till a title shot and then defending/winning titles for 5 - 8 years. And mostly for free!
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
aavalos3078
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
I have SUCH a love/hate relationship with Mayweather. Technically, he is a very VERY gifted fighter. Great hand speed. Great hand/eye coordination. His shoulder roll defense is the best I've ever seen with my own eyes...maybe the best of all time...

But, he grinds my gears like NOBODY else in the fight game today. I simply can't/won't call him a great fighter or consider him amongst the elites of the sport!! In terms of being a fighter...he's not even the best in his own family. Roger would kick his ass any day of the week & twice on Sunday. Black Mamba was the TRUTH!!

In terms of why I don't rate him amongst the greats...IMO...he won't take the risks it takes to be great. He gets ahead...& fights for the decision as opposed to finishing off the opponent. As for the 'scalps' on his resume...most of the names he's fought were smaller...slower...or both. The rest...he didn't fight a single one of them on the upside of their career. Sadly, even if Mayweather v. Pacqiou does occur...it won't count for much to change that. Already WAY to late in both men's careers....

For those two reasons alone...please, don't defend the brother by saying he's got heart! You can talk about his skills...his money...his public persona. But , don't go there! Dude is the TIN MAN of heart!!!
Finally someone who shares the same thoughts. I have always said that Mayweather doesn't fight good fighters or fights boxers who are passed their prime. That's like putting Kobe and MJ in a game of basketball. Who do you think will win?

Canelo Alvarez is a rising star and he has challenged Mayweather.... Lets see when that fight happens.
aavalos3078 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post

I agree with most of what you say, but what I was referring to when I said he has heart is his dedication to winning. You must admit, the man works damn hard. I used to box and I know how hard it is to train for a fight. It is HARD HARD WORK, and this guy's been doing it and winning for how many years now? That's not a coincidence. That being said, I'm not a Mayweather fan. I think I've rooted against him in every fight, lol.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women