Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41322
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
hotlips_houlihan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2374
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Jerry Jones

Ok, I'm sorry. I do not mean to offend anybody (I think hehe) but when I read this article I had to laugh my ass off. In case it goes offline at some point, I copied it. Will be good for a laugh for years to come! hehe

Steelers, Packers Are in Jerry Jones' Bowl

DALLAS -- Jerry Jones says he doesn't want the focus to be on him this week. What better way than to have a 45-minute press conference to talk about himself, his team, his stadium and his plans to dominate the universe.

"It's certainly not to take away, not that I could, from two great football teams," Jones said.

Yes he could. In a Super Bowl first, there are actually three teams in play this week. It's the Packers vs. the Steelers vs. their old nemesis, the Cowboys. Never in the XLV years of Super Bowls has so much attention been paid to the host franchise.

Packers and Steelers are asked how it feels that they're here and the Cowboys aren't. When Pittsburgh's bus pulled up at the team hotel Monday, fans greeted the players with a "Steelers Country" banner. A few natives quickly appeared and unfurled a "Cowboys Country" banner.

That sure never happened during Super Bowl weeks in Miami or Tampa or Detroit. The host owner has also never staged his own press conference. But Tuesday wasn't just another exercise in vanity for Jones.

He and the Cowboys really are part of this week's story. Jerry is the reason we're all here. The sad and ongoing irony for Dallas fans is that he's also the reason the Cowboys aren't here.

His only real flaw as an owner is that he thinks he's a coach. If only Jones would learn from this week's interlopers.

The Packers and Steelers are everything the Cowboys aren't. Like millions of Americans, I like the fact those small-town, blue-collar, soot-covered, cheese-eating franchises are here and Jerry's glamour boys aren't.

The contrast extends to the executive offices. The Rooney family has run the Steelers with calm and class since before the 68-year-old Jones was born.

There are those 112,158 owners of the Packers. They control the 4,750,937 shares, appoint a board of directors and never hang out on the sideline during games or spew drunken boasts in bars.

That's Jerry's schtick, and he just can't help himself. In a lot of ways, he's the world's greatest owner. His passion reaches to the sky. Just look at Cowboys Stadium.

It rises like a giant pimple out of the prairie land between Dallas and Fort Worth. As it was going up, the economy was going south.

"Don't be so glamorous," people told Jones. "Let's be a little austere."

The franchise architect could have built the thing for a mere $600 million.

"I had a decision to make," Jones said.

No he didn't. When the choice is between making a splash or a ripple, Jones is the world's biggest belly-flopper. He built Jerry's World for $1.2 billion. With JJ, the show must always go on. It goes back to his father, who moved to Arkansas in the 1940s and opened a grocery store.

"We were promoters," Jones said.

His father would go up and down the aisles wearing a Cowboy hat and twirling six-shooters. He'd hire a band to attract customers. Six decades later, his son is selling Super Bowl tickets for $200.

They won't actually get you into the game. They will get you onto the premises and let you see it on a big screen. Oh yeah, fans also have to buy a package of four tickets if they want to be part of that crowd.

Such is the marketing genius of Jerry. He bought the team for $140 million and has turned it into a $1.8 billion colossus. The Cowboys are the NFL's most popular team despite the fact they've been a .500 franchise for 15 years.

They have two playoff wins in that time. The Steelers have two Super Bowl wins in the past six years. The Packers were in the Cowboys cement boots just three years ago. Now they are as young and promising a franchise as the NFL has to offer.

How close are we to seeing that in Dallas?

"You need a pair of binoculars," Deion Sanders said.

And he loves his ex-boss. But you don't have to be an ex-Pro Bowler to see why the world's greatest owner is also its worse.

Jones has the connections to invite Arkansas chum Bill Clinton to Sunday's game. Bubba phoned back and said he couldn't make it. The key part of the story is where Jones got the call.

He was at the Senior Bowl, scouting players in his role as General Manager. You'll never see Dan Rooney pretending to be Mike Tomlin, or those Packers owners calling down plays.

Jones' ego giveth, and it taketh away. Despite 15 years of hard evidence, he thinks he's as good at building football teams as he is at building stadiums.

He couldn't share the stage with Jimmy Johnson, so that led to Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Wade Phillips. Now comes Jason Garrett. He might be a fine coach, but he wouldn't have gotten the gig if he didn't know his place.

"We all have certain skills," Jones said, "and certain talents and different ways to show them."

Jerry's skills make him the NFL's consummate marketer. The Steelers and Packers have rolled into town, but it's Jones who is going around wearing a Cowboy hat and twirling his pistols.

If only he could learn to stop shooting his team in the foot.
hotlips_houlihan is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
FishGuy13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Meg, I loved it!
I am not that into sports, don't get me wrong I am straight, sure I see the big playoffs. I grew up near Springfield MO and the KC Chiefs, Royals & St Louis Cardnials, Cardnials and later the Rams played Base Ball and Football and I still rember a few players (I think it was Darryl Strawberry who did back flips into the outfield)but not the owners or coaches let alone the where they played other than the city. Here we not only have Jerry Jones, but also Mark Cuban. If you look real hard you will find a team that plays hockey I think they even won the Cup not too long ago. A big 'Star' was/is Mark M. Now Jerry stands in a field all his own, he owns the team, is more or less head coach the other 'head coaches' are err umm his assisants and somehow when they have the big media day when all the players and coaches of 'both' teams talk to the world and whose face do I see and hear from more than anyone else you got it our local owner/coach/&or player Jerry Jones who by the way is not on, or in any way part of, either of the teams playing in the big game called the SuperBowl this coming Sunday the 6th of Feb 2011.
FishGuy13 is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
monkish
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Can't be any worse than looking at Big Ben's beard.
monkish is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Funny article.
Even God doesn't like Jerry. He has demonstrated that that all this week and especially this morning.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
b2flyer51
Account Disabled

Default My 2.6 cents worth (based on Jerry's inflation)

Part 1:

Then God isn't too happy with about 90% of the country -- based on the "weather analysis".

Let's just leave God out of this, shall we?

Part 2:

Thanks to Jerry for the Death Star and the impact of bringing the SB to Arlington -- so many infrastructure projects got completed in an incredibly short period of time. I can't imaging how the folks on 114/121/820 will be feeling about 8 years from now when it's not finished!

Flyer
b2flyer51 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women