Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41459
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 03-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics

Watching Captain (retired) Kelly on Fox News throwing out statistic after statistic on gun control including the recently famous stat that 40% of all gun purchases don't have a background check. Wanted to know where these numbers come from and guess what I found? Bogus numbers of course. That little gem, parroted by Kelly, Obama, and Bloomberg, comes from a statistic that is 20 years old and questionable. If you read into the link it acknowledges that it was nothing more than an educated guess in 1994 and even Joe Biden knows that. Watch these people. They will do anything, lie, and decieve to gain their ends.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...check.html.csp

http://people.duke.edu/~gnsmith/articles/myths.htm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ol-debate.html
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Watching Captain (retired) Kelly on Fox News throwing out statistic after statistic on gun control including the recently famous stat that 40% of all gun purchases don't have a background check. Wanted to know where these numbers come from and guess what I found? Bogus numbers of course. That little gem, parroted by Kelly, Obama, and Bloomberg, comes from a statistic that is 20 years old and questionable. If you read into the link it acknowledges that it was nothing more than an educated guess in 1994 and even Joe Biden knows that. Watch these people. They will do anything, lie, and decieve to gain their ends.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...check.html.csp

http://people.duke.edu/~gnsmith/articles/myths.htm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ol-debate.html
Mark Kelly is an enormously accomplished man and deserving of the respect I have always had for him. I feel for him and his wife and the tragedy of her being shot by a psycho in Tucson.

That being said, the fact that he is allowing himself to be whored out as an advocate for the unconstitutional gun grab this president and his minions are trying to foist on this country is disappointing. It goes against the very ideals that he swore to uphold as a member of the military for 24 years.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

They have a word for them; "dupes". That doesn't take away from their personal accomplishments. There have been numerous accomplished people that were dupes and carried water for the left including the Soviet Union. Some of them were truly innocent and others to some extent supported the leftist cause. I guess someone who goes in with their eyes wide open, knowing that what they're doing is a lie are not dupes but operatives (like Obama and his thug group)
Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Hey, everyone has to make a buck and if you get to be a paid mouth piece and draw a crowd then you get to make banck.
I thinck when I retire, I will head a foundation and study the sexual preferences of hookers.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Hey, everyone has to make a buck and if you get to be a paid mouth piece and draw a crowd then you get to make banck.
I thinck when I retire, I will head a foundation and study the sexual preferences of hookers.
Don't be surprised when he announces a run for Congress...
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

No big deal,he was on fox.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Just the most watched cable TV news service and this was on Fox News Sunday on broadcast so even bigger audience.

The inside word is that he is not interested in the house but a senate seat, McCain's senate seat.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Quote:

Just the most watched cable TV news service and this was on Fox News Sunday on broadcast so even bigger audience.

The inside word is that he is not interested in the house but a senate seat, McCain's senate seat.
I'd take even money on that, if for no other reason than the sympathy votes he'll get from the libtards out there. Frankly, prolly wouldn't see a whole lot of difference with him in that seat, based on how that cantankerous old bastard has been acting lately.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

You guys bore me with your echo chamber talking points (can't or won't think for yourselves) and your reflexive ad hominem attacks (libtard) on anyone who has a different thought than you. Pretty pathetic.

40%, 10%, 25%, it doesn't really matter the exact percentage as long as there is a significant percentage that can buy guns and resell them as straw purchases without repercussions. I am a gun owner too and I support the 2nd Amendment as well, just not the recent radical interpretation of SCOTUS. In reality, if the government (which is really all of us anyway) wanted to be unconstitutional and come for your guns it wouldn't matter what you have in your arsenal or whether they are registered or not. You wouldn't stand a chance against our modern military and all its toys and heavy weapons. Even if they didn't go in heavy, at some point you would have to come out and shoot your guns, then between drones and satellites and the NSAs ability to monitor phone and electronic messaging they could get 98% of all the guns if they really wanted to (and didn't care about the Constitution). All it would take is a little patience as you have to come out for food and water at some point. Turn off your water, electric and sewage and it is only a matter of time. George W. Bush put all the pieces in place with the Patriot Act and other 9/11 legislation for them to come for your guns if they wanted to. Hell, if he and Cheney had wanted to, he could have declared all Dems to be enemy combatants (doesn't need a court or oversight only exec branch finding) and locked up all Dem politicians and operatives (indefinitely in military prisons where they didn't have to give them lawyers or even admit where they are), then declared martial law and stayed President indefinitely unless the U.S. Military would have refused his orders (which I hope they would have). Plain fact is he didn't want to do that and no one now wants to take anyone's guns unless there is a significant chance they will kill someone. Yes, there are some folks who just hate guns (often for good reason) and would prefer if they were all gone (just as some of you think we should arm everybody) but even most folks who are for gun safety/control are much more reasonable than that so it just ain't gonna happen. Get a grip.

What is the NRA/2nd Amendment supporter's solution to too many gun deaths in the U.S.A.? I haven't heard anything other than "enforce our existing laws" which obviously isn't sufficient.

Kelly in McCain's seat would be a huge improvement LOL!
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
You guys bore me with your echo chamber talking points (can't or won't think for yourselves) and your reflexive ad hominem attacks (libtard) on anyone who has a different thought than you. ( I don't have a problem with those who think differently from me, necessarily...my problem is with the idiots who act on those misguided thoughts...) Pretty pathetic.

40%, 10%, 25%, it doesn't really matter the exact percentage (typical libtard response. It doesn't matter that he's lying, as long as he's making an argument you agree with. The problem is that the LIV, who won't fact check anything, or "won't think for themselves" (but I repeat myself ), will take Kelly's lies as fact and vote with that information) as long as there is a significant percentage that can buy guns and resell them as straw purchases without repercussions. I am a gun owner too and I support the 2nd Amendment as well, just not the recent radical interpretation of SCOTUS. (More libtard drivel...Since when is it "radical" to uphold the Constitution??) In reality, if the government (which is really all of us anyway) wanted to be unconstitutional and come for your guns it wouldn't matter what you have in your arsenal or whether they are registered or not. You wouldn't stand a chance against our modern military and all its toys and heavy weapons. Even if they didn't go in heavy, at some point you would have to come out and shoot your guns, then between drones and satellites and the NSAs ability to monitor phone and electronic messaging they could get 98% of all the guns if they really wanted to (and didn't care about the Constitution). All it would take is a little patience as you have to come out for food and water at some point. Turn off your water, electric and sewage and it is only a matter of time. (That's exactly the point, isn't it?? So what, we just wait and hope for the best while the progressives march incessantly forward with their agenda??) George W. Bush put all the pieces in place with the Patriot Act and other 9/11 legislation for them to come for your guns if they wanted to. Hell, if he and Cheney had wanted to, he could have declared all Dems to be enemy combatants (doesn't need a court or oversight only exec branch finding) and locked up all Dem politicians and operatives (indefinitely in military prisons where they didn't have to give them lawyers or even admit where they are), then declared martial law and stayed President indefinitely unless the U.S. Military would have refused his orders (which I hope they would have). Plain fact is he didn't want to do that and no one now wants to take anyone's guns unless there is a significant chance they will kill someone. Yes, there are some folks who just hate guns (often for good reason) and would prefer if they were all gone (just as some of you think we should arm everybody) but even most folks who are for gun safety/control are much more reasonable than that so it just ain't gonna happen. Get a grip.

What is the NRA/2nd Amendment supporter's solution to too many gun deaths (guns die?? I thought people die as a result of the actions of others...) in the U.S.A.? I haven't heard anything other than "enforce our existing laws" which obviously isn't sufficient. (So how will even more laws and restrictions on our rights work any better??)

Kelly in McCain's seat would be a huge improvement LOL! (Actually, no improvement, just little difference)
You were right...pretty pathetic.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Amazing how many sheep watch that opinion channel.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Enforcing the current gun laws isn't working??? When did they start enforcing the gun laws? If they do start then I know an Attorney General of the US that should go to prison for gun trafficking and as an accessory to the murders of at least one federal agent and hundreds of Mexican citizens. The Obama administration has been the worst in several years on the enforcement of gun laws. Go around to Chicago, New York City, and DC. The only people really hammered by gun laws are the "law abiding" people. The criminals trade in the gun charge for a lesser charge.

I had my apartment robbed several years ago. The criminal stole six handguns. The police knew before I did because he fled the scene while trying to sell one of my pistols to someone. The police took no action until I filed a report the next morning. They knew then that he was a convicted felon in possession of more than one handgun but did nothing. They waited nearly three weeks before arresting him after I filed the report and he had no more guns. Fingerprints put him in my apartment and with the one pistol. He got convicted of the B & E but was not charged with the felony possession of stolen weapons. That got thrown out if he agreed to a guilty plea on the B & E. He got one year where he got into a drug program which resulted in him going to a halfway house. He escaped after one month. The next time they had him was in the next state for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. They couldn't charge him (lack of evidence) nor would CT bring him back for the weapons charge. Is this the kind of enforcement that you alluded to???

By the way, he picked up a shotgun and dropped it on the floor. It took me six months to get the prosecutor to return my shotgun and I had to threaten to take him to court as he lied to me on the phone that it was still needed as evidence. So the criminal walks free and the "law abiding" gun owner (that's me) was given the run around.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #13
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Enforcing the current gun laws isn't working??? When did they start enforcing the gun laws? If they do start then I know an Attorney General of the US that should go to prison for gun trafficking and as an accessory to the murders of at least one federal agent and hundreds of Mexican citizens. The Obama administration has been the worst in several years on the enforcement of gun laws. Go around to Chicago, New York City, and DC. The only people really hammered by gun laws are the "law abiding" people. The criminals trade in the gun charge for a lesser charge.

I had my apartment robbed several years ago. The criminal stole six handguns. The police knew before I did because he fled the scene while trying to sell one of my pistols to someone. The police took no action until I filed a report the next morning. They knew then that he was a convicted felon in possession of more than one handgun but did nothing. They waited nearly three weeks before arresting him after I filed the report and he had no more guns. Fingerprints put him in my apartment and with the one pistol. He got convicted of the B & E but was not charged with the felony possession of stolen weapons. That got thrown out if he agreed to a guilty plea on the B & E. He got one year where he got into a drug program which resulted in him going to a halfway house. He escaped after one month. The next time they had him was in the next state for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. They couldn't charge him (lack of evidence) nor would CT bring him back for the weapons charge. Is this the kind of enforcement that you alluded to???

By the way, he picked up a shotgun and dropped it on the floor. It took me six months to get the prosecutor to return my shotgun and I had to threaten to take him to court as he lied to me on the phone that it was still needed as evidence. So the criminal walks free and the "law abiding" gun owner (that's me) was given the run around.

Damn your apt got robbed you got rolled by a pimp ,maybe you should move off Troost.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Amazing how many sheep watch that opinion channel.
some of us want the know the truth
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Eva you have the same problem as Whatzup....are you two the same...never mind. Did you notice that I said something about Connecticutt? I guess you didn't. Rolled by a pimp? Where did you...I've never even met Munchie.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women