Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161573
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48038
pyramider46370
bambino40762
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Barack Obama's Super PAC Comments At Jay-Z Fundraiser Sidle Up To Red Line

Barack Obama's Super PAC Comments At Jay-Z Fundraiser Sidle Up To Red Line

"We don't need to match these folks dollar for dollar. We can't. I mean, if somebody here has a $10 million check -- I can’t solicit it from you, but feel free to use it wisely," Obama said to the room full of guests. The transcript of the event notes that guests laughed both after he mentioned the $10 million check and at the conclusion of his sentence.

The comments are notable because candidates and government officials are prohibited from soliciting checks for super PACs, which can accept unlimited contributions, in excess of the $2,500 or $5,000 federal limit that candidates are allowed to accept.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1897010.html

This biggity bozo needs to go!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

That reminds me of Obama's speech to La Raza, approximately one year ago. He told them, he was tempted to implement the Dream Act on his own, but he couldn't, because it would be illegal. That was his way of giving them a heads up. One year, after making the speech, he implemented the Dream Act with an executive order, ILLEGALLY.

So now, he say's he's not allowed to solicit money for a super PAC, wink wink.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
That reminds me of Obama's speech to La Raza, approximately one year ago. He told them he was tempted to implement the Dream Act on his own, but he couldn't because it would be illegal. Then a year later, he did just that.

So now he say's he's not allowed to solicit money for a super PAC; wink, wink.
Odumbo is one smug SOB.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Odumbo is one smug SOB.
The ancient Greeks called it hubris. It's a kind of intoxication that comes from wielding power. The Greeks believed it was a precursor to losing power. They believed the gods would not allow anyone to keep power if they lost humility.

Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
budman33
Valued Poster

The System is a joke. Romney attends Super-PAC meetings, and Obama is intimately tied to them too, Corporations and Rich fuck-alls are what makes Presidents these days.

The attempt to lay this all on Obama is beyond retarded, even for you guys.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman33 View Post
The System is a joke. Romney attends Super-PAC meetings, and Obama is intimately tied to them too, Corporations and Rich fuck-alls are what makes Presidents these days.

The attempt to lay this all on Obama is beyond retarded, even for you guys.
Odumbo said what what he said -- *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Odumbo is one smug SOB.

it does take a certain level of aplomb and self-confidence to run for president but obama has a surfeit of pomposity and self-admiration and it's not necessairly pretension for he most likely is deluded enough to believe in his superiority.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Odumbo said what what he said -- *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3_UCm1A5I
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
+1 A classic!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #10
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Actually Rove's PAC is the one playing closest to the edge. But I agree that we need to take the money out of politics. How many here would be in favor of no private contributions or expenditures of any kind -- corporate, individual, inion, etc. -- and 100% public financing of elections. I think it would be liberating for the candidates and great for the country.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Actually Rove's PAC is the one playing closest to the edge. But I agree that we need to take the money out of politics. How many here would be in favor of no private contributions or expenditures of any kind -- corporate, individual, inion, etc. -- and 100% public financing of elections. I think it would be liberating for the candidates and great for the country.
If such were the case, who would be entitled to public money if 10 million or so announced they were running for public office; then multiply that by the number of elected offices at state, local and federal level. It seems fiscally impossible.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Public financing of elections would further eliminate alternate voices. A better plan would be instant full disclosure of where the donations are coming from would be much better, and wouldn't help promote the monopoly of the "two" party system.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
not me
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Obama said he would agree to take matching funds in 2008. This would have severely limited his ability to spend. Obama went back his word, and opted out of the matching funds agreement; consequently, he was able to outspend McCain, who abided by his pledge to accept matching funds, by more than three to one.

Trial lawyers are one of the biggest contributors to the Democrats. That's the reason we can't get meaningful tort reform that we desparately need.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

you can thank the SCOUS for this...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women