Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60206
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48387
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41248
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
BIG C
Ambassador

Default Need Help Removing Virus

Apparently I visited one of those fucking sites that got Malware, Spyware, SpamBots and all other kinds of shit and now my 'puter is infected with it and my current virus definitions didn't work on removing them.....Anyone know where I can download a "FREE anti-virus program that can get rid of this shit (yeah, I'm a cheap bastard).....ARGH ! ! ! ! !
BIG C is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Tempus
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Google "AVG Free download". It is one of the better free ones... if you are still having issues after you do a full scan PM me and I'll see what I can do.

*note: I only provide free tech support to Mods and "business" partners so if you are not one of those don't ask...
Tempus is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
guest052210-1
Account Disabled

You will need to go into Safe Mode as well. Avg can run in a dos prompt and I have used that to dis-infect a pc when Norton/Symantic and McAfee would not.
guest052210-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
BIG C
Ambassador

I got it fixed and 'puter is clean.....Just FYI, DON'T GO WATCH THAT ERIN ANDREWS PEEPHOLE VIDEO.....That's where I got it from.....
BIG C is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
sparkey027
Registered Member

Get ad-aware by lavasoft also.. Decent program . Avg and Avira are two of the best free av programs out there at the moment... Spybot s&d is pretty good also.
sparkey027 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
Lily Blair
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3424
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus View Post
*note: I only provide free tech support to Mods and "business" partners so if you are not one of those don't ask...
I love a job with perks
Lily Blair is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
hispdlowdrag
Registered Member

That's one of the reasons I stick with Macs now. They may not be malware proof, but they sure are safer than anything windows. 5 yrs now running OSX without any antivirus, no problems at all.
hispdlowdrag is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
yngdrum
Registered Member

None that you know of
yngdrum is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
uca479
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

You should consider using a virtual machine to do your hobby related surfing in. That confines not only the history to a machine that can be deleted in a moment (keep a pristine backup handy of the virtual machine so you can revert to the original clean slate in a moment) but also keeps the host clean from malware, etc.
uca479 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #10
Tempus
Registered Member

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uca479 View Post
You should consider using a virtual machine to do your hobby related surfing in. That confines not only the history to a machine that can be deleted in a moment (keep a pristine backup handy of the virtual machine so you can revert to the original clean slate in a moment) but also keeps the host clean from malware, etc.
I would safely bet that a good number of the people on this board don't have the technical skills required set that up nor have any idea what you are talking about...

Feel free to help them set it up though.
Tempus is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG C View Post
I got it fixed and 'puter is clean.....Just FYI, DON'T GO WATCH THAT ERIN ANDREWS PEEPHOLE VIDEO.....That's where I got it from.....
Did it just immediately infect your PC, or did it trick you into installing a codec or software upgrade or some such?
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
BIG C
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
Did it just immediately infect your PC, or did it trick you into installing a codec or software upgrade or some such?
As soon as I clicked on the image to start the video it immediately infected my PC (and I knew right away that I was fucked and not in a carnal way).....I tried to run Norton to get rid of it, and I even tried to delete it off my harddrive but to no effect because Norton couldn't recognize it (and everything is updated) and deleting it off the harddrive didn't work because for some reason it was able to reinstall itself.....The kid that fixed it for me ran a program called "Cleanup Antivirus Uninstall/Removal" (the name of the Malware was called Cleanup Antivirus and it kept trying to get me to purchase stuff to get rid of bots/adware/spyware by sending in my cc info), and then he did a scan of my 'puter using Malwarebytes which found all the files that got infected and removed them.....Worked fine and have had no problems since then.....
BIG C is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
uca479
Premium Access

Quote:
I would safely bet that a good number of the people on this board don't have the technical skills required set that up nor have any idea what you are talking about...

Ok, so you're probably right. But, it really isn't all that difficult - it justs sounds complicated. I realize going into it on this thread would be off-topic, so I'll not digress. For those interested, just check out Microsoft's Virtual PC 2007 (or built in to Windows 7 Professional & Ultimate).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Virtual_PC
uca479 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #14
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG C View Post
As soon as I clicked on the image to start the video it immediately infected my PC (and I knew right away that I was fucked and not in a carnal way).....I tried to run Norton to get rid of it, and I even tried to delete it off my harddrive but to no effect because Norton couldn't recognize it (and everything is updated) and deleting it off the harddrive didn't work because for some reason it was able to reinstall itself.....The kid that fixed it for me ran a program called "Cleanup Antivirus Uninstall/Removal" (the name of the Malware was called Cleanup Antivirus and it kept trying to get me to purchase stuff to get rid of bots/adware/spyware by sending in my cc info), and then he did a scan of my 'puter using Malwarebytes which found all the files that got infected and removed them.....Worked fine and have had no problems since then.....
Sounds offhand like one of the kajillion or so Vundo/Virtumonde variants. Glad you were able to get rid of it relatively easily; some versions are real sonsabitches to remove.

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #15
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

??

Been running Chrome OS on Virtual Box since Chrome Beta was released. All loaded on a handy dandy 8G USB drive.

If I can figure it out, 99.9% of the population can too.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women