Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70551
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48057
pyramider46370
bambino40815
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013
Default Debt Collectors hitting up patients in Hospitals (violation of HIPPA)

Yea this is about as low and as scummy as you can get..apparently MSNBC said that the debt collectors on the front end and back of the whole hospital deal are sharing patient information which is a violation of the HIPPA laws just so they can find you and show up at your bedside while your recovering..or show up right before your wheeled in for surgery etc.

http://moneyland.time.com/2012/04/25...ital-patients/
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You are right on this one. SexyEx. Debt collectors are sick bastards.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Yea this is just really bad.. can you imagine coming out of a surgery when your half out of it on medications and they are at your bedside hounding and threatening you trying to get you to pay up? People cannot make decisions while under the influence of pain meds.. so this is really disturbing. Not to mention that the hospital and the staff violate the HIPPA laws by giving any information to these debts collectors about you. They can't tell them anything related to your visit or when your surgery is etc.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post
Yea this is about as low and as scummy as you can get..apparently MSNBC said that the debt collectors on the front end and back of the whole hospital deal are sharing patient information which is a violation of the HIPPA laws just so they can find you and show up at your bedside while your recovering..or show up right before your wheeled in for surgery etc.

http://moneyland.time.com/2012/04/25...ital-patients/
thats easy enough ..

Ok pal, I'll get with you on my payments as soon as I get out of this place .. I promise.

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Saw an article last night on tv where debt collector went after the wrong person and called her all kinds of crude names. She sued, they didn't show up in court and the judge awarded her $10m. Now all she has to do is find them to collect her debt.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
Saw an article last night on tv where debt collector went after the wrong person and called her all kinds of crude names. She sued, they didn't show up in court and the judge awarded her $10m. Now all she has to do is find them to collect her debt.

irony at its best .. lol

with 10M in the bank she can hire Guido and Vinny to knock on some doors ... or knees.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post

Lawls.. well I am sure she knows who the company is.. but that is funny.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

If they are violating the law they shold be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Primary reason I do not want the government involved in my healthcare, medical records, acce3ss to my bank accounts, cotrol over how, when and where I get my treatment.

Just wait till Obamacre is in full swing and while you are in the hospital and if you owe money the IRS can take it from your account. Just think of all the bad check and overdraft fees you will have to pay while you are in the hospital waiting on government approval of your emergency procedure.
At least they wont be in your room asking you to pay up, they will just take it.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
If they are violating the law they shold be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Primary reason I do not want the government involved in my healthcare, medical records, acce3ss to my bank accounts, cotrol over how, when and where I get my treatment.

Just wait till Obamacre is in full swing and while you are in the hospital and if you owe money the IRS can take it from your account. Just think of all the bad check and overdraft fees you will have to pay while you are in the hospital waiting on government approval of your emergency procedure.
At least they wont be in your room asking you to pay up, they will just take it.

ladies and gentlemen please turn your republican talking points booklets to pages 3,4,&5 and pick up where whirlie left off.

Begin.

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

HIPPA violations are a dime a dozen. I see at least 3 every time I go to a doctors office. No one cares.

Quote:
Just wait till Obamacre is in full swing and while you are in the hospital and if you owe money the IRS can take it from your account.
I don't think you understand what national healthcare is, assuming that's what you're trying to talk about. You wouldn't ever owe a hospital money. Shocking concept right? When I lived in Canada, all I had to pay was $60/month and any medication costs (but my school provided an RX plan and drugs are 1/2 price up there anyway). No copays, deductibles, or any of the other drama you have to deal with to see a doctor here. I'm actually pretty sure we are the last civilised nation who charges people three grand just to be seen in an ER heh.
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

All kinds of phone callers are getting ruder all the time.A friend got a call at his business yesterday he was polite to the person,and finally told him he could not do business with him as he had someone else that provided the service. So he was told "fuck your mother" and the dude hung up.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

CJ why don't you read the bill since it has been passed without the discussion that was not warranted for such a momentous piece of legislation.
these are not talking points which seem to be what you defer to when you have no factual retort.
Read the bill, all 2700 pages and get you a couple of lawyers to explain it to you.
Are these Libertarian talking points too?
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

The government has no place telling debt collectors how to run their business.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

CJ why don't you read the bill since it has been passed without the discussion that was not warranted for such a momentous piece of legislation

yet another talking point ..

it happens all the time, "momentous" or not ... deal with it
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

The Attorney General of Minnesota slammed debt collection company Accretive Health for tricking people seeking medical care into believing that they couldn’t be treated unless they paid up. “It goes to great length to conceal its activities, going so far as to ‘infuse’ employees into hospitals,” the AG charges in a complaint filed in January, which contends that Accretive violated both debt collection and medical privacy laws.

That right there is illegal.. especially if you are at the hospital or ER for something life threatening.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women