Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default Dr. Ben Carson - Creationist

You've got to be kidding me:

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...n-creationist/

I have to admit I have not followed the hub-bub over the man - primarily because I did not have time to listen to that keynote speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. I also figured he was being over-hyped by the Obama-hating hard right.

It's also difficult to make the transition from inspirational speech and a career in medicine to being a good politician. Politics does take its own special set of skiils.

But whatever hopes I might have had for the man disappeared when I read he is a creationist. How you can reconcile mastery of neuroscience with belief in a 6-day creation of the earth is beyond me.

But the GOP definitely does NOT need any more fundamentalists in its leadership positions.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

The creationism aspect most likely comes from his religious beliefs as a Seventh Day Adventist -- very very creation oriented and which he absolutely has every right to follow if he so chooses as does everyone have the right to their own religious or non-religious beliefs. Professionally, as a surgeon, he has had an extraordinary career and life, but as you point out, this does not make for a good or effective politician. I tend to agree with this Pulitzer Prize winning lady in her assessment of Dr. Carson, an admirable man but with perhaps a mistaken philosophy.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/opinion/tucker-ben-carson
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Would you mind telling me what Obama's, Hillary's, or ....John Kerry's religious beliefs are? Not the church but what they believe.

Then can you tell me the relevance to holding office? Remember at one time nearly every office holder may have been a creationist or was a strong believer in God.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

I was answering what I inferred to be a subtle question by the OP, albeit not explicitly asked. I really do not care what a politician's religious beliefs are unless they overwhelm logic in their decisions. After all there is no religious test for holding office. At least not according to the constitution. Although some WERF related political entities would have us believe religious beliefs are the primary basis for holding elected office.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
redriverronin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Have to agree god doesn't need to be in politics and nither does race gender or sexual preference
redriverronin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women