Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
test
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60254
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48403
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41305
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35719
Mojojo33117

Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37
Default Where were you 11 years ago today?

I was working corporate in the Pacific northwest that day. Had just pulled into my parking spot when they has a special news bulletin come on the radio. I was running behind for the day, so went on into work....

Over the course of the morning, as new details came out, my co-workers and I slowly realized just what had happened..Needless to say, not much work got done that day.

After I got off work, I found myself down at Waterfront Park by the USS Oregon Memorial.

A lot of people were by it by the time I got there.

At this point, I could help myself no further and found myself sitting on a bench crying. I was not the only one there doing so.

So where were you?

Just asking.
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
rgvrock956
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Having a cup of coffee at a little restaurant in San Benito. My friend and I were the only 2 there at the time. It came across the TV and we sat there in shock for a few minutes. Rushed to my parents and got there as my brother was pulling in. We sat and watched as a family that morning. Thankful we had eachother
rgvrock956 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
free4dave
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

I was at work, we had an old tv used for training videos and the whole lobby and even customers just stood around in silence, then when the first tower fell, most of us turned away and started walking. I remember the mixed emotions and just sat at my desk in shock.
free4dave is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18308
My ECCIE Reviews

I was at school (college) at the time. We all turned on the tv and thats when we saw the second plane hit the tower. I was in complete shock! I thought it was a movie I was watching and never thought something like this in reality would happen. Then all of a sudden we all watched the first tower collapse. Then we saw the second tower collapse. After that, I was scared to go anywhere because of what I had seen. And because of that I will never fly on an airplane ever!!!!

God bless those 9/11 victims.
Majestycctx is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Bull149
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I was teaching school when a student came and told about tower 1. I could not believe, so I turned a radio on in my office and we lestened while I went on with my class or tried to.

In the cafeteria a lunch the supertiendent said that it was the president that had doen that. I backed the yellow coward into a corner and told him to be quite. He could have and should have fired me for my ovetr the top actions, but was to cowardly to do it.

The next morning I woke up thinking I had a bad dream, then I realized it was true. That and President Kennedy's assination were the to most depressing moments in my life.
Bull149 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Typhon100
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestycctx View Post
I was at school (college) at the time. We all turned on the tv and thats when we saw the second plane hit the tower. I was in complete shock! I thought it was a movie I was watching and never thought something like this in reality would happen. Then all of a sudden we all watched the first tower collapse. Then we saw the second tower collapse. After that, I was scared to go anywhere because of what I had seen. And because of that I will never fly on an airplane ever!!!!

God bless those 9/11 victims.
I'm like Majestycctx. I was in in the Army at the time, and doing the "daily dozen" (military exercise) at El Segundo air base in California. We had just finished our PT regimen, went to the NCO club to rest, get water, a breather, and a short breakfast. All of us had already missed the first plane strike, and were totally unaware of what had already transpired.

However! The incident was already being reported in real time. All of us soldiers soldiers stopped, and were watching the TV in the club watching the news! That is when we actually saw in real-time watched the second plane hit, and were horrified since we realized it was happening, and as we could only just sit and watch it happen! .

Obviously! All of the scheduled day activities were cancelled, and all of us including our supervisors were glued to the broadcasts. Surprisingly to me/us being military; we didn't learn of the aircraft hitting the Pentagon until mid-broadcast, from the original towers.

IMHO, For all of us in the military, the Pentagon hit didn't have as much as impact as the two towers it did. Most soldiers expect to die one day, and most of the casualties in the Pentagon were military, and already knew this when we took our oaths of loyalty. What the soldiers were really POd about, was the loss of innocent lives, that we are sworn to protect! We were appalled at the loss of innocent civilian which we had sworn to protect!

Yes! The most heart-rendering moment to us was watching the final collapse of the towers. Even among the soldiers, there were many tears, and anger, since we already understood, how many lives were wiped out in 6 to 7 seconds. Military people understood these losses,but still cried at this loss. Many prejudices were formed on that day.

Two hours later, much discussion, and from a personal observation; a severe, deep an unmitigated hatred developed inside of every military member (man or woman) for vengeance on that day! Please don't worry! I agreed fully too, still do to this day, and at times with the recent incident in Libya; still agree fully of retribution.

Yes! This is one area where I'm prejudiced about, and the only one.. I have four previous deployments, and the first Desert Storm under my belt! I have been there, done that, and got the T-shirt to prove it. I'm very unaware of a single member that didn't volunteer to go there!

I apologize to BMs, if I sound hard-core prejudiced. I still am for this one matter, and I probably won't change. My own career, requires me still to travel to this region. The same feeling towards the US has not changed, but has merely become modified, and IMHO; the Obama administration is coddling this feeling in diplomatic statements after Libya. This issue isn't dead yet, and 9/11 was simply the start!

I will step off my soap-box now, and let the thread continue on the OP topic!
Typhon100 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women