Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Nebraska > The Sandbox - Nebraska
test
The Sandbox - Nebraska The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60660
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48591
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42307
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36735
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
guest090512-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10
Default Which way do you swing? (uh... politics-wise...)

With the President in the neighborhood, I was wondering this morning about how our group of loosely knit "hobbyists" graphed on the political spectrum.

For example, Nebraska's a pretty conservative state... are most people here conservatives too?

Those of you who read my posts have probably already guessed my leanings. My heart bleeds, and my politics tend to be left of the dial.

What about you?
guest090512-3 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Bigh1955
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

I'm a classic liberal...definition: just right of Ronald Reagan circa 1980
Bigh1955 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I have an R after my name for voter registration, but I'm probably closer to the tea part or libertarian point of view.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
guest101013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 44

I'm so far to the right on fiscal measures that I'm thinking about cutting off my left nut.
guest101013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
hobbyistinomaha
Premium Access

Encounters: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
I have an R after my name for voter registration, but I'm probably closer to the tea part or libertarian point of view.
Someone that partakes in this hobby is a tea bagger? That seems like an oxymoron. I am a conservative democrat who thinks religion has no place in politics. I don't make enough money to be a republican.
hobbyistinomaha is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
guest101013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 44

I'd blast away on hio's comments, but I'm not going to be the one who turns this thread into a poltical rant, lol.
guest101013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
strawberrycar934
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Well, Admiral,

I am with you. I find few people to be further left than I am on most issues. I suspect that as all of us circle on the spectrum of right or left that many of us have some very libertarian views.

For example, I strongly support the legalization of the right for two people to get together and spend time together with one person sharing their wallet and the other sharing their body. To me, it makes sense. I believe that we could create a safer and healthier environment. I invite the government to come into this area to regulate and tax.

I suspect that there might be a significant number of people who agree with that sentiment. I also apply the same logic to illicit drugs. After years of trying to stop the flow of drugs. It seems to make more sense to legalize it, regulate it and tax it.

I share those examples because I am not sure whether they are truly left of center or circling back around right and being more libertarian. I suspect that invitation to government to regulate it and tax it, does not fit completely inside the libertarian camp.

Let me also state that I have tired of the arguments. Over the years I have realized that few people ever change their minds. I am very interested in hearing the opinions of others but I am not interested in starting arguments.
strawberrycar934 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
CynicalSapien
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrycar934 View Post

For example, I strongly support the legalization of the right for two people to get together and spend time together with one person sharing their wallet and the other sharing their body. To me, it makes sense. I believe that we could create a safer and healthier environment. I invite the government to come into this area to regulate and tax.

I suspect that there might be a significant number of people who agree with that sentiment. I also apply the same logic to illicit drugs. After years of trying to stop the flow of drugs. It seems to make more sense to legalize it, regulate it and tax it.
It is interesting that many folks that identify as Libertarians AKA "advocates of small government" are willing to allow government the role of regulating and taxing vice. Perhaps a zero sum gain since the role of law enforcement would diminish.

I'd love to vote for a candidate the spends responsibly advocates personal responsibility but keeps an imaginary god out of government.

Maybe the FSM candidate.
CynicalSapien is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyistinomaha View Post
Someone that partakes in this hobby is a tea bagger? That seems like an oxymoron. I am a conservative democrat who thinks religion has no place in politics. I don't make enough money to be a republican.
Hahahaha

I'm a democrat. Go figure huh?
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Guest022718
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

I'm a Claire Wolfe style libertarian.

America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Guest022718 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
guest090512-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

So far this has been fascinating. Anyone else?

Maybe unsurprisingly, a number of big fans of personal liberties here.
guest090512-3 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Guest110512
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I like that line hgrits, I may have to use that elsewhere!

Nash I am worried that your left nut removal may not be covered under the affordable care act. Perhaps you should plan on getting on food stamps and welfare before you attempt this. I am with you on the being far right on fiscal matters.

I am first and foremost an American and a registered non partisan. Neither party will be successful without being able to pass legislation that majorities of both parties can agree on.
Guest110512 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
Osolomio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I'm so far left I'm willing to give Marx a break. I understand that what he saw being labeled as Marxism offended him. He is said to have declared to a friend/colleague that if that was Marxism, he himself was not a Marxist. I don't know much else about him other than his thoughts have had a fairly profound effect on the Sciences and history (ie, removing Western Centrism). I first read some News articles he wrote about the British Empire's misbehavior and atrocities in Africa and Asia.

I'm registered as D and find more to agree with there than anywhere else. I believe that they have done more to extend and preserve equality than others who have held power. Oh, and I remember Nixon and his crew from Television and newspapers and my first vote went to Carter.
Osolomio is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
Guest102612
Account Disabled

User ID: 140343
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't swing, I bounce.
Guest102612 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #15
strawberrycar934
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonZomB View Post
It is interesting that many folks that identify as Libertarians AKA "advocates of small government" are willing to allow government the role of regulating and taxing vice. Perhaps a zero sum gain since the role of law enforcement would diminish.
I am not sure that my views are Libertarian. I shared this example to receive feedback on how others viewed this position on the right - left spectrum.

For me, given the health risks involved with this hobby, I would prefer to have some type of government regulation. I suppose that informed buyers could demand certain assurances or 3rd party documentation without government assistance.

However, I have found that once the government secures something as a revenue stream it is unlikely to let it go. Thus taxing an item tends to ensure its longevity.
strawberrycar934 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women