Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
tylorblake
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13797
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Help building my own website...a non companion website

Hi friends,
I have been considering building a website.I currently have my website professionally done for myself in this hobby.I have been contemplating building a new business as a personal assistant/screener.
Let me be frank to say that my knowledge of web design is quite limited, but I hope to be a fast learner. That being said, I hope to find something that is beginner friendly yet professional looking.
I appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Times of transitions.
tylorblake is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

NetObjects Fusion has a version that is free and can get you going quite quickly. The paid version has many more features. The absolute best software out there is Adobe Dreamweaver
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

If you are looking to be a real PA/Office Manager etc. (adult-oriented or otherwise) for a small business or entretreneur I'll suggest that the requisite skill set now often includes things like being able to make routine changes to an existing site (e.g. the "webmaster"), if not basic site creation (although often that is outsourced), so I think developing this competency in the process is a great idea.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

You may want to try this one

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting

The only problem is you have to use them as your host, but the software is very simple, and easy to use. It's a good place to start , and if you decide to learn Dreamweaver later on it is compatable so you will not need to change hosts.

This is what I used to build my site, and one for my friend and it is easy to make changes as often as you like.I did not use any of their templates, but for the use you have in mind that might be a good way to go.

Does anyone know if Dreamweaver is a decent choice for beginners, or is it smart to take a class on it first?
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
arianne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4344
My ECCIE Reviews

I use dreamweaver and although it basically does the html for you, I don't think that it is for beginners as you still need to have knowledge/understanding of Html and CSS. But you can learn a lot about both online.
arianne is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianne View Post
I use dreamweaver and although it basically does the html for you, I don't think that it is for beginners as you still need to have knowledge/understanding of Html and CSS. But you can learn a lot about both online.

Beautiful site,you did a great job.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
arianne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4344
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you :-)
arianne is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
sky_wire
Valued Poster

I really like Microsoft's Expression Web.
sky_wire is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #9
SlowHand49
Account Disabled

I also would not recommend Dreamweaver for someone just getting started in web page construction/design. It's best to learn some basics first . . .

Very nice site, Arianne . . .
SlowHand49 is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorblake View Post
Hi friends,
I have been considering building a website.I currently have my website professionally done for myself in this hobby.I have been contemplating building a new business as a personal assistant/screener.
Let me be frank to say that my knowledge of web design is quite limited, but I hope to be a fast learner. That being said, I hope to find something that is beginner friendly yet professional looking.
I appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Times of transitions.
One of the many hats I wear is website developer. I highly recommend a combination of Photoshop (to design in) and dreamweaver. You won't have to know any HTML, it'll build it all in the background for you. You design visually. Take the time to learn the tutorials from www.lynda.com - they're excellent!! Dreamweaver basics really aren't very complicated and once you get a handle it's quite logical in work flow. I've taught MANY people who knew absolutely nothing.

What you really want to keep in mind when designing the look is to compartmentalize the design: an easy section for logo, for menu items and for content.

When learning about photoshop go out of your way to learn about "Splicing" this will make transferring the visiual design into HTML quite easy.

Realistically, to really know your stuff, expect two weeks to a month of study and practise until you get the basics right. All you really need is the basics for an information based websites.

It's also handy to know basic HTML though that's not necessary. However, you just can't go wrong understanding how it all actually works.

If you ever have questions I'm happy to help.

Another quick and easy way to get started is MonsterTemplates.com. Buy a design you like and you can start changing as much as you please to personalize the whole thing to your liking.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

Thank you for the info Lauren.I appreciate the tips especially concerning the use of Photoshop.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #12
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews

I still use Microsoft Front Page. It's pretty simple to me as I am used to it.

However, upon first starting out, I used the services of www.bravenet.com

You can build and manage your site online with their wizard, they have a huge database of tools that are easily integrated into your site (such as a counter, guestbook, forums, calendar, etc), and they have a library of basic information for HTML, Java scripting, and more that is fairly easy to understand for beginners.

Even if you don't build a site with them the information is handy and you can still use the tools they have on whatever site you use.
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
tylorblake
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13797
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you guys for the valuable input.You provided some great starting points that I will look into.
I hope everyone had a great 4th. I had a blast until I burnt my hand on the grill.....ughhhh
tylorblake is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women