Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70687
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60220
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default This Is Why WTF Won't Bet Against the Trump Economy

Please refrain from commenting unless you are literate in economics and have something intelligent to add.

It Takes Chutzpah to Call This the ‘Obama Boom’

Hundreds of thousands of Americans are moving from part-time work to full-time employment.

By Andy Puzder
Feb. 6, 2018 7:30 p.m. ET
564 COMMENTS

Progressives are tying themselves in knots to avoid giving President Trump credit for anything positive. Take the economy. It isn’t really booming, they say, but even if it is, President Obama is the man to thank.

The claim doesn’t add up. In 2010 the Obama White House forecast gross domestic product growth would “accelerate in 2011 to 3.8%” and “exceed 4% per year in 2012-2014,” consistent with the 4.3% growth rate in the other 10 recoveries since World War II. That never happened. Actual post-recession growth averaged an anemic 2.1%. And Mr. Obama’s last year in office saw measly 1.5% GDP growth - hardly the springboard to our current expansion.

Former Obama administration economists have circled the wagons in an attempt to explain away their boss’s dismal economic record as a product of structural factors rather than policy. Austan Goolsbee has called Mr. Trump’s growth goals unrealistic. In May Larry Summers declared that accepting the Trump administration’s forecast of 3% GDP growth was like believing “in tooth fairies.”

These claims have made it difficult for progressives to explain the 3% average GDP growth rate during Mr. Trump’s first three full quarters in office. They’ve resorted instead to diminishing the president’s economic record by pointing to 2017’s full-year GDP growth of 2.3% - relatively close to Mr. Obama’s 2.1% post-recession average.

The problem for Mr. Obama’s progressive defenders is that analysts traditionally attribute the first quarter of a new presidency to the previous administration. President Bush, rather than Mr. Obama, got the blame for the negative 5.4% growth during the first quarter of 2009. What was fair then is fair now. The attempt to saddle Mr. Trump with responsibility for the economy’s performance during the first quarter of 2017 is disingenuous.

A bigger problem for progressives is that Mr. Trump’s numbers easily could have been much better. Two hurricanes held GDP growth down in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, businesses were waiting to see if Congress would pass tax reform setting lower tax rates and enabling them immediately to write off 100% of their investments in plant and equipment. I was a CEO for 17 years; I would have waited too. This hampered fourth-quarter growth but should accelerate growth in the first quarter of 2018. The Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow model is forecasting first-quarter growth of 4%.

The jobs numbers are similarly positive. In 2017 the economy added approximately 2.1 million jobs. Progressives counter that job growth actually slowed from the 2.2 million jobs added in 2016. But job quality also matters. The Obama economy was a “part time” economy that failed to generate the full-time jobs Americans need.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of people working full time increased by 2.4 million in 2017, compared with only 1.6 million in 2016. In other words, the overall number of jobs added was lower in 2017, but only because hundreds of thousands of people left part-time for full-time jobs.

Both 2016 and 2017 set some year-end records. In 2016, BLS recorded the highest number of people working part time at year’s end since it began recording the data in 1968. In 2017, it recorded the highest number of people working full time at year’s end since 1968 and the fewest working part-time since 2011.

Regulatory relief and tax reform are bringing more growth and better jobs. It’s a Trump Boom, but Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer says the president should “thank Obama.” Perhaps, but only for setting economic bar so low.

Mr. Puzder is a former CEO of CKE Restaurants.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/it-take...oom-1517963452
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

He’ll find something stupid to say.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #3
lustylad
BANNED

No doubt... but he won't take your bet because he is ALL HAT, NO CATTLE!
Old 02-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
his come back will be that ronald reagan increased the deficit
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Your silly roommate from Pittsburgh if doing a fucking paste and copy post after crying for weeks, months and years for me to not do so!

So your post is the second most stupid post in this thread with his dumbass oost lapping the field!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Your silly roommate from Pittsburgh if doing a fucking paste and copy post after crying for weeks, months and years for me to not do so!

So your post is the second most stupid post in this thread with his dumbass oost lapping the field!
Nah, when people read your disjointed, idiotic post, they’ll know you’re really stupid.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #7
StandinStraight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

Your right WTF all lustyface knows how to do is copy and paste propaganda from right wing hackers. I could come up with multiple articles that would say why Obama’s economy was so great compared to this trump disaster. I prefer to think on my own like I’m sure you do. Anything Lusty or his gay lover Dumbino posts has zero credibility.
StandinStraight is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #8
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandinStraight View Post
Your right WTF all lustyface knows how to do is copy and paste propaganda from right wing hackers. I could come up with multiple articles that would say why Obama’s economy was so great compared to this trump disaster. I prefer to think on my own like I’m sure you do. Anything Lusty or his gay lover Dumbino posts has zero credibility.
Says the poster with the LEAST credibility in this forum. And THAT'S doing something with the rest of the reach-around crew posters doing their damnedest to be the top idiot poster in this forum ! Add all of THAT to your sig line and you might FINALLY have some truthful in it.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #9
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
You and WTF deserve each other.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
Says the poster with the LEAST credibility in this forum. And THAT'S doing something with the rest of the reach-around crew posters doing their damnedest to be the top idiot poster in this forum ! Add all of THAT to your sig line and you might FINALLY have some truthful in it.
Lol. Homophobic Rey!

I love you Rey!
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #11
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Your (sic) right WTF all lustyface knows how to do is copy and paste propaganda from right wing hackers. I could come up with multiple articles that would say why Obama’s economy was so great compared to this trump disaster. I prefer to think on my own like I’m sure you do. Anything Lusty or his gay lover Dumbino posts has zero credibility.
Pay attention, twaddletwat. Here is a repeat of the instructions in my OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Please refrain from commenting unless you are literate in economics and have something intelligent to add.
The article contains empirical data on actual (and forecast) GDP, as well as part-time and full-time employment numbers. Feel free to "think on your own" if you believe you are economically literate and have anything intelligent to say (cough, cough), but the data are the data.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #12
StandinStraight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
Hey Rey, I am a straight shooter, everything I post is fact checked or my opinion, you not agreeing with my opinion or facts has nothing to do with my credibility, it has more to do with you being a ass.

Learn the meaning of credibility !
StandinStraight is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #13
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
The article is straightforward and speaks for itself. However, if there is anything in it you don't understand, let me know and I will be happy to clarify it for you. (Something you decline to do for any of your copy-paste links, since they are way over your head and are posted here purely to convey the false impression that you are conversant and literate on economic matters.)
Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #14
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Learn the meaning of credibility !
Shall we take a poll to determine exactly how much credibility you have in this forum, Professor Fellatio?
Old 02-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Your right WTF ....
.. "even when he's wrong"!

WTF is worried about the "economic impact" of ....

.... reduced, low wage labor for his house building!!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women