Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Obama Declares That Texas Will Be A Battleground State - Soon!

God help us if that's the case.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-...rticle/2502379

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The extent that Texas is in play will hinge on the Hispanic vote. The same demographic trends at play in California are happening in Texas...the difference is that the Texas economy will offer future generations of Hispanics more upward mobility than that of California (dead-enders tend to vote Democratic IMO, while entrepernurial types vote other). Hispanic politics tend to move more to the center with each generation, so here's hoping the prediction is wrong. The Texas hispanic population is most likely starting at a point on the political specturum which is more right of their counterparts in Democratic controled states like California. Also, Hispanic politicians will learn that if they want to win local seats (school boards, county government, etc), they have to sound more like Pete Sessions than Nancy Pelosi. Her batshit marxism doesn't go over too well in the Lone Star State.

Add to this observation Texas is a right to work state means union influence is not as strong as other swing states - Colorado, Wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio, New Mexico.

That said, it is imperative that a President Romney get comprehensive immigration legislation approved (without amnesty); otherwise this will be a lingering wedge issue working to the Democrats advantage is Texas.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

Id say it hinges on the youth vote ... Obies numbers now arent what they were, and they were big here in 08

http://www.pewtrusts.org/news_room_detail.aspx?id=36380

if the same happens again Romney is toast
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

time to split the country right down the middle
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Obitchlips is full of shit.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Actually, the President gave a very stirring speech this evening here in Austin.

I'm sure a lot of you were at home strangling your pink teddy bears, but he made some interesting points, not the least of which being that America should be about insourcing, not outsourcing.

Post all the horseshit you want, but the fact is that Romney is one of the greatest job creators in the history of India and China. And Americans deserve better.

But no, he won't carry Texas. Maybe in two years after right thinking Texans turn out the current bunch of scalawags and douchebags. But not now and not for a while.

At least we got to see Perry make an ass of himself again, demanding an apology from the President for the Eric Holder bullshit. I love Texas, but hate the stereotype that this fucking rube continues to promote.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I'll believe it when WTF offers a $10K bet that Obama wins Texas.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Actually, the President gave a very stirring speech this evening here in Austin.

I'm sure a lot of you were at home strangling your pink teddy bears, but he made some interesting points, not the least of which being that America should be about insourcing, not outsourcing.

Post all the horseshit you want, but the fact is that Romney is one of the greatest job creators in the history of India and China. And Americans deserve better.

But no, he won't carry Texas. Maybe in two years after right thinking Texans turn out the current bunch of scalawags and douchebags. But not now and not for a while.

At least we got to see Perry make an ass of himself again, demanding an apology from the President for the Eric Holder bullshit. I love Texas, but hate the stereotype that this fucking rube continues to promote.
So your ass got wet when Opookie spoke. Keep Austin wierd brother. You are doing a great job so far...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Texas votes Republican even if the candidate is Rick Perry. Oh wait, they did vote for Rick. Darn it! Just when you thought you had seen it all.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Please see my post on outsourcing in another thread.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Actually, the President gave a very shit-pot stirring speech this evening here in Austin.
Fixed that for you.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

The President gives great speeches, when his teleprompter is working. The problem is, he lies. He's a very good liar, but he lies. Even when they sound pretty, they are still lies.

But yeah, he gives a great speech. Even had me fooled in 2008. But when push came to shove, it turned out he had been lying the whole time. Very disappointing, he talked a great game. I voted Libertarian, but was still excited when he was elected, because I believed him when he spoke of transparent government, ending the divide, no lobbyists in his White House, etc. I thought, even though he was a liberal, that he was actually different, and would be honest, and open.

To quote Roger Daltrey, "Won't get fooled again." He lied. The whole damn thing was lies from the get go.

But damn, he sounds good.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Um, I'm going to go on record saying, "Good luck with that." Maybe he might have thought about that before:
  • Shutting down deep sea drilling for a year, and his brilliant response to Macando.
  • Ignoring us for a shuttle
  • Bypassing Congress and halting deportations of "Dreamers"
It's fair to say Texas is in the Red bag.

A stiring speech in Austin that's pro-Democrat. I"m shocked. Take that speech to Harris, Tarrant or Dallas counties or rural Texas and I'll bet it's a wee bit different reception.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

What a delusional maniac, oscuminable is. Now I'm convinced he still smokes that shit he did in college....
Seedy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women