Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35879
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default Did Romney Just Disqualify Himself Today?

As I have said in other threads, I don't care for either Obama or Romney. I hate this election.

However, I am having a hard time disagreeing with this blog post by Andrew Sullivan:

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast....overnment.html

Romney's crew charged in take advantage of a dumb statement issued by someone in the Cairo embassy that occurred BEFORE either the Egyptian or Libyan embassy attacks.

The Statement was dumb, but it was not a formal State Department statement. Just some official being a half-ass. The statement was dumb because it criticized "abuse of free speech" in the film condemning Islam. It was ass-kissing, basically. And it completely missed the point that the reason you have free speech protection is to protect speech you hate. There is no reason to protect speech you like.

Nonetheless, Romney's campaign shamelessly exploited it.

There is a time to act partisan and a time to act like a statesman who is aware that our political differences stop at the water's edge.

Romney's camp blew it. They should have waited a week until all the facts were in and then released a more considered statement.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

theres a reason the GOP broomed willard out the door 4 years ago
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Why do you trust Andrew Sullivan to tell you what to think on this ?

"Wait A Week" come on get real..this is the final quarter of an important campaign...

Here is another take....from a more moderate source........

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...-like-1979.php

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Why do you trust Andrew Sullivan to tell you what to think on this ?

"Wait A Week" come on get real..this is the final quarter of an important campaign...

Here is another take....from a more moderate source........
I said I had a hard time disagreeing with Andrew Sullivan. Where do you get the idea that I trust ANYONE tell me what to think? Are you projecting your own way of thinking on to me?

"Wait a week" is "getting real" - because it gives you time to think and avoid embarrassing yourself, which is important in the final quarter of an important campaign. Rushing in with guns blazing and shooting your mouth off at a time when cooler heads should prevail will make you look irresponsible and juvanile, which is important in the final quarter of an important campaign.

Andrew Sullivan is actually a conservative source - but a REAL conservative source in the tradition of Burke, Oakeshott, Buckley, etc. - not some evangelical twat.

Powerline is moderate compared to Sullivan? Really?

BTW is Powerline the source you trust to tell you what to think?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't like Romney or Obama either, but someone has to point out the stupid things the Obama Administration does. I thought Romney did the right thing in speaking out about this.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I don't think Romney "embarrassed himself" as some on the left want us to believe. Romney did the right thing in speaking out about this in the manner and forum that he did.

If Romney "waited a week",then came out, he would look weak, lame, and behind a step.

You posted Andrew Sullivan to make your point......so it is fair to ask the question of you.

Andrew Sullivan is REAL conservative ? Are you joking ?

If I post an article from Powerline you can bet that I agree with it.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Andrew Sullivan is REAL conservative? Are you joking?
No, I'm not. Are you?

I don't agree with everything he says, but he is fundamentally a conservative in the traditional sense - not the religious, cultural sense - with respect to limited government.

You should read his blog regularly. Plenty of praise and criticism for both parties over the years, although in the last few years, he's criticism of Republicans had pre-dominated.

But who can blame him? I have traditionally been a Republican, but the dozen or so Republican presidential candidates this past year was the biggest collection of misfit losers I can recall in my lifetime.

Bachman? Perry? Cain? Santorum? And (in the wings) Donald Trump? Seriously?

Did I die and go to hell? Or is this just a nightmare from which I cannot awaken?

Face it: Romney was the least ugly pig.

I give Sullivan credit for telling the unvarnished truth.

When was the last time PowerLine posted a serious criticism of Republicans - at least the social conservative ones or the big spending ones? Like Bush II?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Sullivan may have been a "conservative" and one time in his life, in the same way I was a liberal.

Things change....update your files...

Sullivan is the only "conservative" I know who vigorously supported Obama in 2008.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

do yourself a favor whirlie, and take your bilnd partisan bickering on a visit to COF's house of irrelevence where its really appreciated .
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Right CJ........
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

"House of Irrelevance?" LOL! That's funny! Especially considering the source.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

When in doubt blame Obama ....
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Remember Harry Truman? He had a sign on his desk, "The Buck Stops Here." Obama is responsible for his administration.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
"House of Irrelevance?" LOL! That's funny! Especially considering the source.

yup, the sources you continually use are laughable
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
As I have said in other threads, I don't care for either Obama or Romney. I hate this election.

However, I am having a hard time disagreeing with this blog post by Andrew Sullivan:

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast....overnment.html

Romney's crew charged in take advantage of a dumb statement issued by someone in the Cairo embassy that occurred BEFORE either the Egyptian or Libyan embassy attacks.

The Statement was dumb, but it was not a formal State Department statement. Just some official being a half-ass. The statement was dumb because it criticized "abuse of free speech" in the film condemning Islam. It was ass-kissing, basically. And it completely missed the point that the reason you have free speech protection is to protect speech you hate. There is no reason to protect speech you like.

Nonetheless, Romney's campaign shamelessly exploited it.

There is a time to act partisan and a time to act like a statesman who is aware that our political differences stop at the water's edge.

Romney's camp blew it. They should have waited a week until all the facts were in and then released a more considered statement.
I agree ....and not because I am liberal. It is common sense 101.

People behind in the polls do stupid shit. This tells me Romney see's a loss upcoming and is desperate. He did not make these mistakes in the Primary. He was ahead. This election is going to get ugly.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women