Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
test
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76
Default Criteria For Closing A Thread?

What is the criteria for closing a thread?

I just noticed a thread of mine was closed without any explanation from a moderator that was not listed as the actual moderator for the forum.

I though St. Christopher said that all mod activity would strive to a detailed description of the action taken in the form of a "footprint."

I went through and scanned the thread and saw no controversy or policy violation:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=10934&page=3

It is a quirky thread and has had surges of activity, but it never became a drama thread or one where folks abused any board policies. The only possible reason I saw for closing it was that it was recently bumped, but when bumped, it had a great deal of activity. As I remember this was discussed before and it was decided that the old mothership rule would not apply here of a strict 30 day expiration, especially if the thread showed new life with vigorous new discussion.

Perhaps we should clarify this or put a uniform criteria in place?

I guess my point is, on a national thread and given a universal topic that may be revisited from time to time, perhaps we should not automatically treat it as old milk?
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
TBONE
Medium Rare

My ECCIE Reviews

ANONONE

Sorry about that it was a mis communication.We've re- opened the thread.
Thank you sir!
T
TBONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
I though St. Christopher said that all mod activity would strive to a detailed description of the action taken in the form of a "footprint."
Not quite sure I said ALL MOD ACTIVITY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.christopher
For this reason, it is a general practice of mine to leave footprints INSIDE the offending post so that readers who may stumble across a thread and encounter the offending post will take note that staff has addressed the issue and how they dealt with it.

however I do try to do that whenever I can, and it seems to be catching on with quite a few of my fellow staff. IMO it's a good practice

St. C
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I agree. It helps us learn better than a list someplace, if we learn by object lesson.

It doesn't matter to me if a thread drops naturally. It just looked like folks had renewed interest in it, so thanks for letting things be a bit more organic around here--I think that is a major strength here.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

Also, the 30-day bumping rule is more aptly directed toward our review forums. Don't ya just love it when a 3 month old review gets bumped to the top with a remark like.....

Right on!
administrator is offline   Quote