Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41513
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35879
Mojojo33117

Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

User ID: 126013
Default Taking away American choice and infringing on peoples right to freedom

Next thing you know some idiot is going to want to ban foods too high in salt (kinda reminds me of that movie The Island ) Where your pee is monitored for too much salt and sugar..

Maybe they want to make laws barring you from having a damn cookie or candy at the movies..cmon seriously?
-----------------
NYC Proposed Ban On Large Sugary Drinks Drawing Mixed Reaction From NYers
Sexyeccentric1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

By the way this is the wrong approach to combating obesity. What he needs to do is build parks in the poor areas where children from poor families can play safely and get exercise, and invest in education about healthy eating, and for crying out loud start subsidizing the farmers of local produce so they can bring in fruits and vegetables at a much lower cost because right now fruits and vegetables are more expensive than buying cheap processed food high in sugars and fat. In addition most poor neighborhoods don't have a real grocery store only convenience stores so the food choices are piss poor.

So many things they could do to help with obesity but instead they want to take away peoples freedom of choice and they think that is going to solve the problem. Shakes head...
Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Yeah,
Sorta like light bulbs.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 16998
My ECCIE Reviews

How about taking corn syrup out of every goddamn edible product? Oh wait a minute, that's not economically feasible.

Lina
ForumPoster is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensual Lina View Post
How about taking corn syrup out of every goddamn edible product? Oh wait a minute, that's not economically feasible.

Lina
Right now the government is subsidizing the corn farm industry for this and yes if they take away the subsidies then it will reduce this.. however I do think we need to help the produce farmers of fruits and vegetables and that hasn't been done yet. Small local farmers just can't compete. Anyone watch the documentary "weight of the nation"? Talks about all of this. But I still believe you don't take peoples right to choose away. That is part of our freedoms.. being able to have choice.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post
Right now the government is subsidizing the corn farm industry for this and yes if they take away the subsidies then it will reduce this.. however I do think we need to help the produce farmers of fruits and vegetables and that hasn't been done yet. Small local farmers just can't compete. Anyone watch the documentary "weight of the nation"? Talks about all of this. But I still believe you don't take peoples right to choose away. That is part of our freedoms.. being able to have choice.

Oh I agree with you completely!

Subsidies to the corn farm industry and as result low cost of corn syrup allow for abundance of cheap bad food on shelves. Few months ago I completely changed the way of what and how I eat and I have to admit - I doubt majority of working class families can afford to make that kind of change. Nor can they afford to spend couple hours a day in well equipped gym.

Without proper education and easily available affordable healthy food options we are going to keep on sliding into obesity.

Lina
Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1 View Post
Next thing you know some idiot is going to want to ban foods too high in salt (kinda reminds me of that movie The Island ) Where your pee is monitored for too much salt and sugar..

Maybe they want to make laws barring you from having a damn cookie or candy at the movies..cmon seriously?
-----------------
NYC Proposed Ban On Large Sugary Drinks Drawing Mixed Reaction From NYers
NYC has already banned salt shakers in restaurants.
I thought you are in favor of big government and regulating, taxing and controlling every aspect of peoples lives?
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
ForumPoster
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Really? Effective when?

Lina
Old 05-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I thought you are in favor of big government and regulating, taxing and controlling every aspect of peoples lives?
I am in favor of laws and regulations that are reasonable but not making a law for every stupid thing that takes away peoples freedoms and choices. Common sense has to prevail here but obviously these politicians and their supporters have none.

Like that city that made a law outlawing baggy pants...I mean really?

If he banned salt shakers from resturants he is an idiot and I am surprised that the people dont eventually vote his ass out of office. Is he going to ban butter next?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
Sexyeccentric1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensual Lina View Post
Really? Effective when?

Lina

Haha..I was just going to ask you since you live there!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I don't think laws should ban salt and sugar--we should just stop subsidizing poor choices by people.

Right now we subsidize people who choose cheap, unhealthy life styles by charging them the same for health care as we do people who make the investment in healthier choices.

The correct approach would be more along the lines of charging obese, out of shape people a lot more for health insurance and medical care. The person who has a heart attack because of a genetic defect is very different from the person who has a heart attack because they weigh 450 pounds and smoke 2 packs a day. The same sin tax that we put on cigarettes & alchohol.

I don't know the details of how to implement that, but philosophically it is the right approach. I suspect the fair thing would be to heavily tax that soft drink by the calorie and put the $ into education, medical treatment, and gyms. Even if it doesn't act to change behaviors it will put the bill closer to where it belongs.

I am far more willing to pay taxes for schools that I have no one in--but at least produce a good for society--than pay for ERs crowded with diet induced strokes and heart attacks, drunk drivers and motorcyclists who think it's macho to ride without a helmet. Those are largely preventable.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
I don't think laws should ban salt and sugar--we should just stop subsidizing poor choices by people.

Right now we subsidize people who choose cheap, unhealthy life styles by charging them the same for health care as we do people who make the investment in healthier choices.

The correct approach would be more along the lines of charging obese, out of shape people a lot more for health insurance and medical care. The person who has a heart attack because of a genetic defect is very different from the person who has a heart attack because they weigh 450 pounds and smoke 2 packs a day. The same sin tax that we put on cigarettes & alchohol.

I don't know the details of how to implement that, but philosophically it is the right approach. I suspect the fair thing would be to heavily tax that soft drink by the calorie and put the $ into education, medical treatment, and gyms. Even if it doesn't act to change behaviors it will put the bill closer to where it belongs.

I am far more willing to pay taxes for schools that I have no one in--but at least produce a good for society--than pay for ERs crowded with diet induced strokes and heart attacks, drunk drivers and motorcyclists who think it's macho to ride without a helmet. Those are largely preventable.
I could argue we don’t subsidize them, we pay the same rates as they do. But it doesn’t really matter. Profits are up for insurance providers. Insurance companies have their tables. When was the last time an insurance company failed to make a profit? I’m not talking about the companies that branched out into other endeavors such as mortgages, etc. Even a Katrina evens out because 50 year and 100 year events are figured in.
I agree people should pay the same as other people with similar health characteristics. Economic factors can affect the types of food someone can afford. But there is one group that pays extra to live one of the most unhealthy life styles possible. Smoking is a totally personal choice. No one can complain they smoke because they can't afford to dip, etc. Smokers should be classified as a group and should pay the real cost of present and future care.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

+1 to the above the above two posts.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
Smoking is a totally personal choice. No one can complain they smoke because they can't afford to dip, etc. Smokers should be classified as a group and should pay the real cost of present and future care. Agree, as is eating 4 Whoppers for dinner and a slab of lard for breakfast.

I could argue we don’t subsidize them, we pay the same rates as they do. We DO subsidize them because those people have consciously decided to increase their risks. If I drive safely I am not charged the same as my neighbor with 10 speeding tickets and a dozen reckless driving citations.

Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Bloomberg is an ass and fool and clueless. Have you ever been out to eat lately? Refills are always free. Most fast food is self serve in terms of drinks. The wait people aren't going to enforce it. Just more fucking government nanny shit forced down our throats. I will be so glad when we have a 2nd American Revolution.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women