Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
test
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60660
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48589
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42293
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-16-2023, 08:40 PM   #1
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Shaving with a safety razor

I know this is kinda out of the wheelhouse but was wondering if anyone here (guys or even ladies) use a safety razor for any of their personal grooming needs.

It's one of those things I have recently got a interest in but I don't actually know anyone personally who do it. I've watched some tutorials but they all give the same information and don't give the kind of comparison I'm ultimately looking for.

One cool thing is the options for handles... makes for a possibility of collecting a few.

Any and all opinions or first hand accounts would be great for educational purposes.
swtslnce is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 09:12 PM   #2
bigguyt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtslnce View Post
I know this is kinda out of the wheelhouse but was wondering if anyone here (guys or even ladies) use a safety razor for any of their personal grooming needs.

It's one of those things I have recently got a interest in but I don't actually know anyone personally who do it. I've watched some tutorials but they all give the same information and don't give the kind of comparison I'm ultimately looking for.

One cool thing is the options for handles... makes for a possibility of collecting a few.

Any and all opinions or first hand accounts would be great for educational purposes.
When i saw redd she offered to do it for me. I never let her but i assume most providers would for a tip.
bigguyt is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 09:28 PM   #3
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

I use a semi-modern double-edged safety razor and an old straight razor I strop before every use.

Face/Neck.

Keys are lathering up and keeping a steady amount of pressure and consistent stroke. Make sure your blades are still sharp and swap as needed. Don't keep passing over the same spots several times if you have some renegades and crank down the pressure.

Take your time, especially when lining up. Keep your skin tight/taught for a smoother, closer shave as it exposes more of the hair. Add more lather if needed. Pay attention to and follow your growth pattern going with the grain to avoid snags and minimize cuts.

And keep those blades clean. Lots of bacteria live on the skin all the time. It only takes a small cut for staph or other infections to get below the surface.

Old, worn, rusty blades are your enemy in more ways than one. The more use, the more the edges roll and the less smooth and effective the cut.

Finish with a hot towel and some aftershave to help reduce any razor burn. Some of the gel versions are nice.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:00 AM   #4
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

I prefer to use an electric one, but have tried using a safety razor. What HDG said is absolutely correct. Don't reuse blades more than twice. They do get dulled on a microscopic scale, and blades are cheap.

However if you are using one for the first time, up top or down below, consider using a lady's razor. The blades have a little moisturizer bar on it that gives some lather and I found that those are better as a 'training razor'. It's a lot harder to nick yourself with one of those, even if you use far more pressure than you need to. Don't be turned off because it is pink and for 'women'. Quality is quality. Same with shampoo and body soap. Everyone likes to smell nice, not just women. Soap is soap.
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 11:05 PM   #5
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I use a good ol' double edge safety razor for my face & neck. For "down below", I'll use a decent double blade disposable.

Can't beat the price of blades for a Safety Razor. SO Damn Cheap!! And I find they give a much better, smoother, closer shave than those modern razors.

Just don't twitch, sneeze, or try to rush the shave!
DrivesAllDay is online now   Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:47 AM   #6
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Really appreciate the feedback and suggestions.
swtslnce is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 07:14 AM   #7
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Every other Saturday at the barbershop, $35+tip for cut and beard trim/shape. Done.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women