Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 390
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 271
George Spelvin 256
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70611
biomed161944
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453162
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48211
pyramider46370
bambino41201
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36488
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2021, 09:15 PM   #1
AugustWhite123
Premium Access

Encounters: 62
Default Making sex work legal?

If this is already been talked about since the AMP psycho in GA, feel free to delete it.

Pros? Cons? How do we protect the family? I know this will eventually result in the back and forth political BS that I almost never read, but... this community has some extreme catalyst and opposing perspectives, experience and opinions; I’m genuinely interested in your thoughts and opinions.

Side note: Please be respectful and on topic! I know, it’s hard... it’s so so so hard... but if we can manage to behave, I feel like everyone will benefit.
AugustWhite123 is online now   Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:45 PM   #2
Depurefymii
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Screw the law, I have counter-economics.
Depurefymii is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Legalize it. It's never going to stop and has been going on for as long as one person realized they could get something for something else.

Although I am not for a lot of laws and regulations, I feel if it was regulated with consistent requirements of drug testing, health screening, and ultimately a paid, renewable license to work (which in itself requires a minimum age to work and educational information and academic testing to ensure that information is understood) I think that 3/4 of the negative aspects of sex working would see a severe decline in a short matter of time. Legalizing it could also give legal protection for both clients and providers.

I don't actually see many cons to legalizing it if it's done right. Of course there is still a taboo about it and family may not approve but that could be a issue in any profession. But whatever the case, keeping it illegal will always create a dark, dangerous side to it because it's pushed to the side and it allows drugs and unhealthy actions to happen outside of the laws and regulations.
swtslnce is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #4
Dreamgurrl
Ultimate Pro Ho

User ID: 241919
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Most Sex Workers want decriminalization not legalization. And not under the Nordic model which punishes the buyer. There is a lot to unpack surrounding decrim and the current laws we are navigating.

As with most industries, legalization creates an even more dangerous black market for both suppliers and buyers.

Legalization and regulation are not the answer. We have a right to bodily autonomy and no government has any right to regulate a persons autonomy.

And thanks to Mz. Vice President and her efforts in shutting down backpage and other platforms and authoring the FOsta /Sesta bill, many sex workers are forced to work in places like those spas in Atlanta because our platforms are being taken away from us.

There is no way to leave politics out of a discussion on this topic, IMO.
Dreamgurrl is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #5
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl View Post
Most Sex Workers want decriminalization not legalization. And not under the Nordic model which punishes the buyer. There is a lot to unpack surrounding decrim and the current laws we are navigating.

As with most industries, legalization creates an even more dangerous black market for both suppliers and buyers.

Legalization and regulation are not the answer. We have a right to bodily autonomy and no government has any right to regulate a persons autonomy.
I get what you are saying but I don't think it's possible to have decriminalization without legalization. The two are not mutually the same given the exchange of one thing of value for another. If it was without compensation, then yes I could see it. But as is, it's a business based off service and rate.

Of course there is a black market for everything....but,

Example of my point, from a consumer stand point, how many people go to Walmart and buy their needs. Compare that to how many people use black market channels for their needs. I would venture a guess that most go to Walmart because of ease, convenience, availability, legality (such as pharmaceutical supplies), and the expectations that they will most likely get something that meets their minimal needs.

Now please, I know this is not a apples to apples comparison but I am trying to convey a point. That if something is out there, in the open, and works under the current set of legislation and laws, it will be more appealing and accepting to a larger group. This industry has always been pushed under the carpet and has been given a negative rap because of it. Sometimes there is real legitimacy for that negative image too. A large portion of general acceptance is openness. Legalization would absolutely do that over time. And regulations would also absolutely help ease that over in the long run.

Absolutely, every individual has a right to bodily autonomy and no government has any right to regulate a persons autonomy. But also keep in mind that every profession/job is one in which a individual sells their body and skill set. Like it not, every person who collects a paycheck that is on the books is required by law to pay taxes. That means that about 1/3 of a working life pays for the government. Someone buys something, there's sales tax. Someone invests money, they are taxed on interest or the sale of said investment. It's something to think about. People's autonomy to earn a living in one form or another, is expected to pay for government. It's not right but everyone does it everyday.

Even thoughI absolutely don't agree with this completely, and too many take advantage of it, it does afford some forms of assistance if needed.

Regardless, the point I'm trying to make is that the current system and laws aren't going to fundamentally change. To some extent we are stuck with what there is and have to try and work with what little we have.

I still feel that the overall state of the industry is mostly honest in the sense it delivers on services. However moving forward legalization is a better choice because it could be a way to reduce theft, trafficking, substance abuse, etc.
swtslnce is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:51 PM   #6
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

I'm in full favor of legalization, decriminalization, as well as regulation.

Look at Germany, and other EU countries that regulate it. They are far from shithole countries. As long as it isn't something crazy like Japan where prostitution is legal, but paying for PIV is illegal...
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:16 PM   #7
Typo
Valued Poster

I'm all for decriminalization. I feel like legalization and regulation would potentially create too many bureaucratic hoops to jump through to make going legal worth it for providers. I also don't think legalization and regulation will eliminate a black market. There will always be those who engage in other activities that require funds that can be earned through sex work. This is a complicated issue and I have no faith that any politician(s) would ever get it right. Therefore, decriminalization is likely the best alternative as far as I can see.
Typo is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
Dreamgurrl
Ultimate Pro Ho

User ID: 241919
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post
I'm in full favor of legalization, decriminalization, as well as regulation.

Look at Germany, and other EU countries that regulate it. They are far from shithole countries. As long as it isn't something crazy like Japan where prostitution is legal, but paying for PIV is illegal...
I’d encourage you to research the results of that legislation a bit and how it actually affects the workers and buyers separately.

Legalization, decriminalization, and regulation do not get along. We can’t have them all at once
Dreamgurrl is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 05:55 PM   #9
Gabrielle
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 36580
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

If we need to legalize and regulate sex experts, then we need to legalize and regulate all 18+ who have sex.

We are experts, surviving under criminalization. Center and listen to prostitutes.

Wanna join the Decrim PA coalition that's working on decrim and more to protect both prostitutes and clients? DM me.

*note...go ahead and hate...I've got years now of tearing down abusers in our community. The guys who fight me the most...usually have things to hide.

Decrim is on the table in Pennsylvania. The haters here didn't do that.
Gabrielle is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:04 AM   #10
AugustWhite123
Premium Access

Old 03-24-2021, 12:08 AM   #11
AugustWhite123
Premium Access

Argue your perspective without diminishing the minority opposition, try?
Old 03-26-2021, 06:08 AM   #12
Gabrielle
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 36580
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustWhite123 View Post
Argue your perspective without diminishing the minority opposition, try?
I don't even know what this means.

I work on legislation. Y'all should see the national Pussy Patrol that's coming YOUR way...and YOUR I mean clients...because the anti-trafficking movement has now conflated all clients with sex traffickers.

I'm not "arguing" anything. I'm getting legislation on the table to protect providers in Pennsylvania.

Sorry...I am simply all out of funding and volunteer hours to fight for hobbyists rights too. Perhaps some of y'all should get caught up...before you get cuffed up...and fight against the National Pussy Patrol
Gabrielle is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #13
tolstoy
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Well, What Do Providers Think....?

Should "the hobby" ("prostitution") be broadly legal in the US?

Well, do providers really want to pay-taxes on all that cash they make? They are the "side of the equation" who will be most effected by legalization so their opinions are more relevant. "The hobby" being illegal does not create any real risks for hobbyists, except those of the "street" scene, so for guys the whole "legalization" debate is academic. Conscientious hobbyists know that most "advertising" providers with "press" are not cops and probably not dangerous. So guy-hobbyists have less to worry about whether "prostitution" is legal or not, less to worry about than providers who can be arrested and have to decide if/how much to pay in taxes....

Also "prostitution" will never be broadly legal in the US because the US "Christian" evangelical-lobby is an important constituency of the Republican party. Just because it is legal in a few rural counties in Nevada don't think it can happen many places else....

This is a comparison with the Legal Weed vs Black Market Weed debate of legal weed states. People can buy marijuana legally in CO but also there is a lot of "black market" weed also available. So if "prostitution" becomes legal anywhere then there will be "on the books" providers who pay-taxes and also UTR girls who don't want anyone to know what they are doing, and they certainly don't want to pay taxes....

One positive of prostitution becoming broadly legal (wherever it can be legislated) is that "agencies" would then recruit New....Providers to the scene. Many of them won't make it. Many of them will. With the state of the hobby historically and currently many "new girls" get into it and don't know what they are doing, and they don't do it correctly. This occurs with SA girls too much. If there were "agencies" in this world who could "train" new girls then the whole market would be more "varied". And, yes, many civilian women try it and determine it is not for them. That's fine too....
tolstoy is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #14
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Baltimore is no longer prosecuting Prostitution along with other low end crimes.

https://kvia.com/news/us-world/2021/...evel-offenses/
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:03 PM   #15
tolstoy
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Baltimore is no longer prosecuting Prostitution along with other low end crimes.

https://kvia.com/news/us-world/2021/...evel-offenses/
Baltimore is an interesting (new) prospect and experiment, and notice how the new approach is "in response to" COVID. I wonder how long it will last in any city, based on stats and "effects" and also the views of local and state politicians....

A lot of "due to COVID" provisions were applied to "mail-in" voting and absentee-voting in various states for the COVID era 2020 election. What happened? Republicans concluded Too Many Black People Voted. Then what happened? Republicans are now trying to RESCIND all the mail-in and absentee and early voting provisions of the COVID-era 2020 election. There might be "experiments" in either "de-criminalization" and "legal prostitution" in different cities and areas. Both Republicans and Democrats will conclude what they think the "effects" are in due time....

Also no one should assume the "liberal" cities in the US will experiment with either "de-criminalization" or "legalization". A lot of "liberal" college towns won't even allow strip-clubs, and definitely not AMP's, because they don't like the "effects" it has in their communities....

I think the Baltimore case is new and interesting and let's see where it is in 6 months and a year. Maryland governor Larry Hogan is a RINO according to Fox News and even he might have a problem with it over time. And even the "liberals" in the outer Wash DC corridors might have problems with it eventually....
tolstoy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women