Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162325
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Explaining the fence sitter, COG.

Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. . . If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn't we really be talking about plural realities? And if there are plural realities, are some more true (more real) than others? What about the world of a schizophrenic? Maybe it's as real as our world. Maybe we cannot say that we are in touch with reality and he is not, but should instead say, His reality is so different from ours that he can't explain his to us, and we can't explain ours to him. The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication ... and there is the real illness.”
Philip K. Dick

Actually it explains all of us...some, such as COG just can not put themselves in others shoes. joe blow thinks all others are commirs for not thinking like him, Whirly and JD think the sky is falling. We all live in our own reality. The sooner some of you grasp this concept, the sooner you will be able to have an adult conversation.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
... and there is the real illness.”
Philip K. Dick
Illness is an understatement!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Illness is an understatement!
Yes but to be fair, in their world they are scared of change. They were so scared of change that GW Bush was able to talk them into invading Iraq because he convinced them that that was the cause of this new change. They spent all our savings from the past 8 years fighting wars with lower taxes.

Now they have convinced themselves that it all was Obama's fault.

That is their reality.

They think we are commies for not seeing that exact same thing!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Maybe each human being lives in a unique world, a private world different from those inhabited and experienced by all other humans. . . If reality differs from person to person, can we speak of reality singular, or shouldn't we really be talking about plural realities? And if there are plural realities, are some more true (more real) than others? What about the world of a schizophrenic? Maybe it's as real as our world. Maybe we cannot say that we are in touch with reality and he is not, but should instead say, His reality is so different from ours that he can't explain his to us, and we can't explain ours to him. The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication ... and there is the real illness.”
Philip K. Dick

Actually it explains all of us...some, such as COG just can not put themselves in others shoes. joe blow thinks all others are commirs for not thinking like him, Whirly and JD think the sky is falling. We all live in our own reality. The sooner some of you grasp this concept, the sooner you will be able to have an adult conversation.
There is such a thing as objective reality. Not everything is a matter of opinion. Liberals love to stress the importance of everyone's view being equal, that we shouldn't judge each other, because that allows them to advance policies that are total nonsense.

If you believe that everyone's opinion should have equal weight, you have to believe that an idiot is as likely to be right as a genius. That's anarchy.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
There is such a thing as objective reality. How would you know? Not everything is a matter of opinion. This is true, but how would you know? Liberals love to stress the importance of everyone's view being equal, that we shouldn't judge each other, because that allows them to advance policies that are total nonsense. No, it only allows for everyone to be part of the discussion prior to a decision being made. You know, like the Presidential Election.

If you believe that everyone's opinion should have equal weight, you have to believe that an idiot is as likely to be right as a genius. That's anarchy. Well, you libertarians seem to have that niche pretty well covered.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan Once you truly understand that, then you will be able to recognise objective reality.
A sad attempt by lil' joey to stake out teawipetardism's silly belief that their "facts" are actually the facts.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
There is such a thing as objective reality. Not everything is a matter of opinion. Liberals love to stress the importance of everyone's view being equal, that we shouldn't judge each other, because that allows them to advance policies that are total nonsense.

If you believe that everyone's opinion should have equal weight, you have to believe that an idiot is as likely to be right as a genius. That's anarchy.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
And your posts just proves you have no grasp of the Philip K. Dick qoute.

We all see the world differently joe. That you think your reality is always superior is your mistake. The key word being always. We are all wrong in our preception of objective reality at some point or other. Some think we have never walked on the moon, some think Bush had a hand in 9/11, some think Obama was not born in Hawaii. In their world we haven't walked on the moon, Bush planned 9/11 and Obama was not born here.

I am not saying that we give these equal weight but that we do try and understand others POV.

You have twisted my point, as usual. No biggie, you think I am the boogie man. Anything I say is bad.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

For what it's worth, Phillip K Dick was a drug addict. Of course we all have opinions and some of them are wrong. Most people change their beliefs over time. We're all works in progress. For instance I used to be to a left winger. I was pissed that we put an American flag on the moon; I thought we should have put up a United Nations flag. Fortunately, I made a complete recovery from liberalism and have never relapsed.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Also, I'm not willing to concede that Bloehard doesn't have a firm grasp on Dick...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
That you think your reality is always superior is your mistake. The key word being always.
That happens here a lot, with many different people on both sides of an issue.
Be interesting to see who looks in the mirror and see themselves in that statement, and who's big enough to admit it.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
and who's big enough to admit it.
Are you big enough?

My reality is that I am big enough to see every side, that is why I am always right and superior
essence is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

All the world is my stage. If you fuckers would just see things my way. It would be a perfect world!...Friggers
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Yes but to be fair, in their world they are scared of change. They were so scared of change that GW Bush was able to talk them into invading Iraq because he convinced them that that was the cause of this new change. They spent all our savings from the past 8 years fighting wars with lower taxes.

Now they have convinced themselves that it all was Obama's fault.

That is their reality.

They think we are commies for not seeing that exact same thing!

TRUTH!

By the way, the mess Bush caused by "charging" two wars while lowering revenues and allowing the deregulation of corporate America are not "OUR" facts.

They are the INDISPUTABLE HISTORICAL FACTS.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default COG will never admit that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
That happens here a lot, with many different people on both sides of an issue.
Be interesting to see who looks in the mirror and see themselves in that statement, and who's big enough to admit it.
We all need to be able to admit that what we think is best , might not be best for all. That is why folks so disagree.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
A true opinion is never right or wrong. There is no way to prove it right or wrong. If someone's opinion is that an armed guard at the school in Newtown, CT. would have stopped the tragedy, you may disagree with that opinion, but it is not wrong, nor is your opinion right. No way to prove it either way.

On the other hand, what Moynihan said is true. A person's opinion is not a true opinion if is stated without knowledge of the facts.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Still mad about me proving you are a plagiarizer and a liar, eh, WPF? Is that why you continue to make up lies about me? Go on, I know it fulfills some sick need inside you. Everyone else on here knows you're a fake.

I feel sorry for you, man. It must suck being you.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women