Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162325
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15
Default That pesky bill of rights.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...n-flag-/nTsh4/

I guess that the Conservatives are spending so much time with the second amendment that they forgot about the first.

That or they are just a bunch of hypocrites who only believe the first amendment applies to those who agree with them.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...n-flag-/nTsh4/

I guess that the Conservatives are spending so much time with the second amendment that they forgot about the first.

That or they are just a bunch of hypocrites who only believe the first amendment applies to those who agree with them.
Where does the article say anything about conservatives? Or liberals for that matter?

It says "the school" punished him for stomping on the flag.

Perhaps you assume they are conservatives because you think liberals like stomping on the American flag?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Where does the article say anything about conservatives? Or liberals for that matter?

Perhaps you assume they are conservatives because you think liberals like stomping on the American flag?

+1
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Clearly you missed the comment section of the link. I would say that the comments I read were not written by liberty minded individuals.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
Clearly you missed the comment section of the link. I would say that the comments I read were not written by liberty minded individuals.
Who cares about the comments, and not the content of the article? Those comments are no different than comments here. Posted by a bunch of people with all sorts of political leanings and beliefs.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
joe bloe
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=ExNYer;1052192224]Where does the article say anything about conservatives? Or liberals for that matter?

Perhaps you assume they are conservatives because you think liberals like stomping on the American flag?[/QUOTE]

Of course that's what he assumes and he's right to do so. Everyone knows the left hates America. The left thinks flag waving patriotism is for idiots.

Obama's spiritual counselor for twenty years, Jeremiah Wright:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnlRrxXv-v8

Michelle Obama's opinion of America:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYY73RO_egw

Obama's long time friend and ghostwriter of "Dreams From My Father" Bill Ayers.

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

It would be a great country if all politicians believed in all of the Constitution.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
It would be a great country if all politicians believed in all of the Constitution.
It would just about solve all our problems. We sure as Hell wouldn't be bankrupt if the federal government only spent what it was allowed to spend by the Constitution. The founding fathers were wise to limit the size of the federal government and allow the states to do all sorts of things that the federal government was prohibited from doing.

By letting the individual states have policies that suit them, we would be able to limit the damage done from unwise programs at the national level. Each individual state could be a laboratory where a program could be tested. If the program fails at the state level the whole country doesn't get taken down. If a program suceeds, the rest of the states could copy the program that worked for another state. That's Federalism in a nutshell. It's a great idea and it's what the founders intended.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Clearly I failed to make my point.

I respect this teacher's freedom of speech.

I served for over 15 years in the Navy. I believe that the flag is a symbol of what made this country great. It is only a symbol though, liberty is what made this country great. Firing a teacher for using his first amendment right of free speech to provoke discourse of ideas is exactly what we need form our teachers.

This was an honors class, the students in this class deserve the right to be able to work above the fray of petty attempts to indoctrinate children into a politically correct point of view.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
timpage
Account Disabled

He's an idiot. Burning a flag or stomping on it, is protected speech in a certain context...a political rally, for instance. But, doing it in front of a captive audience of school kids seems over the line to me. He should be fired.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I'll quote The Onion, as I always do, when mullet-heads like you start talking about what the Constitution means:

"Area Man Passionate Defender of What He Imagines the Constitution to Be."
Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I'll quote The Onion, as I always do, when mullet-heads like you start talking about what the Constitution means:

"Area Man Passionate Defender of What He Imagines the Constitution to Be."
What do you imagine the Constitution to be? My guess is you think it's "a living document" that means whatever we want it to mean. That's the prevailing view on the left. That's the view that got us into the mess we're in. The federal government has grown far beyond it's constitutional limits and we're bankrupt because of it.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
What do you imagine the Constitution to be? My guess is you think it's "a living document" that means whatever we want it to mean. That's the prevailing view on the left. That's the view that got us into the mess we're in. The federal government has grown far beyond it's constitutional limits and we're bankrupt because of it.

Sorry knucklehead, but you're the one who imagines that the Constitution is whatever you want it to mean. As evidenced by your repetitive idiotic posts stating that the Constitution has a meaning that the SCOTUS (who, sorry you don't know this...are the folks that decide such things) has repeatedly rejected. We can start with Roe v. Wade if you like.

If you want to say you disagree with the SCOTUS about something, that's fine. Tell us about your legal education, your legal reasoning and your legal conclusions about why they are wrong. Sorry, but the SCOTUS is made up of folks who spend their lives figuring out what the document means. Tell me again...what do you do? And what qualifies you to tell the rest of us what the Constitution means?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
He's an idiot. Burning a flag or stomping on it, is protected speech in a certain context...a political rally, for instance. But, doing it in front of a captive audience of school kids seems over the line to me. He should be fired.
Best post in this thread.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Best post in this thread.
Right? I guess anybody can wear a "Fuck Obama" or "Fuck Bush" t-shirt in a lot of places. But, I damn sure hope he can't do it in my kid's classroom.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women