Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
CJ7
Valued Poster

Default bring in those signs

The candidate also sent a message to states in the path of the storm asking residents to be safe and to look out for their neighbors, and encouraging support for local Red Cross organizations. He also asked his supporters to bring their Romney-Ryan yard signs indoors.
"For safety's sake, as you and your family prepare for the storm, please be sure to bring any yard signs inside," Romney wrote in the message. "In high winds they can be dangerous, and cause damage to homes and property."

and bring in those trees and electrical power lines too, theyre almost as bad as a rain soaked cardboard sign.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
The candidate also sent a message to states in the path of the storm asking residents to be safe and to look out for their neighbors, and encouraging support for local Red Cross organizations. He also asked his supporters to bring their Romney-Ryan yard signs indoors.
"For safety's sake, as you and your family prepare for the storm, please be sure to bring any yard signs inside," Romney wrote in the message. "In high winds they can be dangerous, and cause damage to homes and property."

and bring in those trees and electrical power lines too, theyre almost as bad as a rain soaked cardboard sign.
Is there a point to this stupid sarcasm?

Just because you can't do anything about the trees and power lines does not mean you should do nothing about other loose objects on your property that can become projectiles.

And lots of campaign signs are made of more rigid material than cardboard. All the ones I have seen can withstand the rain, so they are obviously made of something more substantial.

Some are thin sheet metal and others at least have a hard plastic or metal edge around the periphery.

It takes 10 seconds to take it out of the ground and stick it in your garage. At the very least it will prevent the signs from becoming litter in your own neighborhood, if not preventing harm to someone else or their property.

Only a unthinking partisan would try to make points off something so innocuous.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

sure there was a point ... as much point as kayla had when she threw out the thread about the current admin looting the WH when they lost the election ..

I didnt really notice, but did you mention anything about that being an unthinking partisan trying to make points off something so innocuous, or are you just an unthinking partisan hypocrite?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
sure there was a point ... as much point as kayla had when she threw out the thread about the current admin looting the WH when they lost the election ..

I didnt really notice, but did you mention anything about that being an unthinking partisan trying to make points off something so innocuous, or are you just an unthinking partisan hypocrite?
Ahh! So two wrongs DO make a right, apparently.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to police every thread on this board.

But two things come quickly to mind. First, look up the definition of innocuous, because you apparently don't know it. Per Merriam-Webster, it means "not likely to give offense or to arouse strong feelings or hostility".

The comment by the Romney camp to bring in signs was an innocuous comment.

Second, what was the innocuous comment to which Kayla was responding? I don't see one. She was insulting Obama, sure. But she was alluding to something that had actually happened the last time there was a Democratic administration. Some Clinton staffers trashed some WH property. There wasn't anything innocuous about that.

It's probably unfair to predict some Obama staffers will do the same thing. But, as bitter as this election has gotten, it is not totally outlandish to imagine David Axelrod taking a dump in the middle of the carpet as he is boxing up his stuff.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

I understand the definition of an innocuous comment...unlike my first post, apparently my sarcasim escaped you the second time ...

but thank you for taking time to police me ...

Per Merriam-Webster, it means "not likely to give offense or to arouse strong feelings or hostility".

got your feelings aroused though didnt it ..

snick
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

What a fucking LIAR! Nobody prints political signs on sheet metal. How dare you sir!

Of course, if they did, then the people of the Northeast would have something with which to rebuild their homes after Romney leaves 50 million people in the sun to rot, like Bush did with NOLA!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
I understand the definition of an innocuous comment...unlike my first post, apparently my sarcasim escaped you the second time ...

but thank you for taking time to police me ...

Per Merriam-Webster, it means "not likely to give offense or to arouse strong feelings or hostility".

got your feelings aroused though didnt it ..

snick

He is attending to his arousal and will get back to you later.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

It was clearly a political ploy by R-money. He didn't tell people to bring in their Obama-Biden signs thereby hoping that his incomplete warning would perhaps cause those Obama signs to do serious damage in gale force winds! What a sinister plot by R-money and his evil staff!
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Jaded

Have we really become so jaded?

Even a well meaning safety precaution is twisted to mean something else entirely!

. . . Lighten up people!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women