Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70744
biomed162825
Yssup Rider60515
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48513
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41970
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36350
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-20-2022, 06:39 PM   #1
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Ok-- so its the typical "What restaurant" question... but with a twist....

So

I'm coming into town verrrrrrry soon and I have the ubiquitous restaurant question.

But.....

I'm on a pretty strict diet and workout regimen these days-- and have been for quite a while. But-- I'm allowed 1-2 cheat meals per week.

If you were normally on a pretty strict diet, but were allowed two special "The rules don't count" types of meals, what are the two places you'd visit in DFW?

Babes is high on the list of probability-- so I need at least one more solid suggestion (and maybe even something intriguing enough to bump Babes out of contention)
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:04 PM   #2
ManSlut
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I gotta have seafood from one of these franchises:

1. Big Shucks/Aw Shucks
2. Fish-n-Tails

The must haves at these very similar places:
1. Steamed spicy snow crab legs with melted butter
2. Spicy Shrimp Cocktails (ask for it in a bowl instead of the large glass, although it looks cooler in the glass)
3. Raw oysters on the half shell
4. Fried shrimp & or fried oysters
5. Iced cold bottle fucking beer, I love Modelo Negro or a Shiner Bock, draft beer is for pussies, get that shit in a glass bottle like God intended Texans to drink fucking beer, because when a fight breaks out you got a ready made weapon with a handle (I learned that shit from my mean ass East Texas farmboy Dad)
ManSlut is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

I do love Aw Shucks-- but over half of their food would technically be allowed on my normal diet (I'd have to skip the corn and potato-- but all of the non-fried seafood is AOK).
Old 04-20-2022, 07:50 PM   #4
grail
BANNED

Encounters: 41
Exclamation

Slow Bone BBQ in Dallas serves up amazing BBQ & fried chicken with all the fix'ins!

https://www.google.com/search?q=slow...ih=545&dpr=4.5

Nate's Seafood & Steakhouse is pretty awesome as well. Best Cajun style food not in New Orleans. And they have a pan fried chicken on the menu that they fry in iron skillets...

https://www.natesseafood.com/

grail is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Goldee's!

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink...ors-tradition/

It really is as advertised. I dropped $152 there and didn't feel cheated. Lasted 3 days, I should mention.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:18 PM   #6
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

Joe T. Garcia's
Hard Eight Barbecue
Enchiladas Ole (The Hatch chile brisket enchiladas would be my last-meal request.)

(Okay, that's three. I've selected Enchiladas Ole as my birthday dinner spot for tomorrow.)
Sir Lancehernot is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:40 PM   #7
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

I do love me some Hard Eight.

Enchiladas Ole is a new one to me.... hmmmmm Mexican would definitely be 100% a cheat....
Old 04-21-2022, 12:30 AM   #8
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 124

how far will you drive for these gustatory delites???

Deep Ellum: if you're down for some chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken breast, All Good Cafe in Deep Ellum on Main St. has some of the best i've ever tasted and enjoyed!!!
https://www.allgoodcafe.com/ - only open late thus - sat w/ music those nights

Seafood: wrt Aw Shucks (greenville ave only across from Snuffers) and sibling Big Shucks (mockingbird ln, richardson, lewisville, frisco) - sadly they got rid of their crab cakes. i swear it was about 80-90% crab and rest delish filling. now all they have are "crab bites". same ingredients, but too small to really enjoy.
https://www.awshucksdallas.com/

North Dallas near Frankford at Hillcrest: you want mediterranean/middle eastern? Lezzett Cafe. My turkish friend says it's one of the better turkish places in dallas. Lahmacun and Pide are turkish versions of pizza. very small place - may seating for 30-40.
https://lezzetcafetk.com/

Downtown north of Klyde Warren Park: if you want some great Mexican/Caribbean food w/ a great view of downtown, check out Miriam Cocina Latina. excellent guacamole, Casa de Campo salad, brisket tacos, 4 Amigos Tacos, salmon tacos, enchiladas mar y tierra (chicken, steak, shrimp), SALMON A LA ISLA. LA MONARCA or EL BIKINI (low-no sugar) margaritas!!
park in the garage just to the right of the entrance. they'll give you a code or text or something to let Miriam's staff validate your ticket for free parking. i always tip the valet guy.
https://www.miriamcocina.com/

enjoy!!!
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:20 AM   #9
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Goldee's!

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink...ors-tradition/

It really is as advertised. I dropped $152 there and didn't feel cheated. Lasted 3 days, I should mention.
I might even join her for this outing. #1 on Texas Monthly’s heralded Top 50 report from a few months ago.

It’s in far south FW, though, near kennedale/everman. That would be a little bit of a trek if you’re staying on the north side of town, but not too bad if you’re in SW FW.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:41 AM   #10
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I might even join her for this outing. #1 on Texas Monthly’s heralded Top 50 report from a few months ago.

It’s in far south FW, though, near kennedale/everman. That would be a little bit of a trek if you’re staying on the north side of town, but not too bad if you’re in SW FW.

Well.. I'm going to be in SW FW the first couple days of my visit-- may have to see if I can make that work. I do keep hearing about Goldies.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:53 AM   #11
HasBeen22
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50
Default My vote

Javier Mexican.

https://javiers.net/

If you like quail. You'll love Javiers' it's my go to for client dinners.
HasBeen22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:53 AM   #12
HasBeen22
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50

Dinners
HasBeen22 is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:23 AM   #13
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Well.. I'm going to be in SW FW the first couple days of my visit-- may have to see if I can make that work. I do keep hearing about Goldies.
I neglected to mention…like a lot of the so-called “craft bbq joints”, Goldee’s has limited hours: Friday-Sunday, 11-3 (or until the BBQ runs out).

I like Hurtado’s. It’s on the redeveloping Front Street in downtown Arlington. He’s now open 7 days a week. If you get there at 11 during the week you probably won’t have to fight the lines (and get the freshest meat). Maybe further than you want to travel, but it’s one I really like.

Heim’s has lost some of its shine the last few years, but I’d still recommend the original (so to speak…he actually started in a trailer) on Magnolia. He started the FW craft bbq renaissance and still gets an honorable mention by Texas Monthly.

Fort Worth has really become the hotspot in Texas for craft bbq. There are a lot more worthy of checking out, but those were the first ones that came to mind that are in the southern sector of Fort Worth and Tarrant County.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:38 AM   #14
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I neglected to mention…like a lot of the so-called “craft bbq joints”, Goldee’s has limited hours: Friday-Sunday, 11-3 (or until the BBQ runs out).

I like Hurtado’s. It’s on the redeveloping Front Street in downtown Arlington. He’s now open 7 days a week. If you get there at 11 during the week you probably won’t have to fight the lines (and get the freshest meat). Maybe further than you want to travel, but it’s one I really like.

Heim’s has lost some of its shine the last few years, but I’d still recommend the original (so to speak…he actually started in a trailer) on Magnolia. He started the FW craft bbq renaissance and still gets an honorable mention by Texas Monthly.

Fort Worth has really become the hotspot in Texas for craft bbq. There are a lot more worthy of checking out, but those were the first ones that came to mind that are in the southern sector of Fort Worth and Tarrant County.

Hmm... I may have to make it a point to hit Fort Worth a little early on Sunday before Check-In at the hotel and see if I can get in on that action, then.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:44 AM   #15
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

Quote:

One I haven't tried yet is Dayne's. The menu features a smoked porkbelly -- they say it's like brisket and bacon had a baby.

TM actually has a BBQ phone app that has the current Top 50 and many other BBQ joints in the state,
Sir Lancehernot is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women