Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35797
Mojojo33117

Old 12-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
horndog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36
Default Best Food in DFW

Not only am I a man whore but a very close food whore as well. I'm a big fan of The Londonner's fish and chips, Fadis sultan sampler among others. What's your favorite restaurant and food?
horndog is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
Dilbertgolf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Expand your horizons and geographic area a bit. Go to Boyd, Tx and try GoGo Gumbo. Open Tues-Sat 4-10. Get there early.
Dilbertgolf is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
magnum
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

May be Old School .. but I love Cool River in Las Colinas for great drinks - food - atmosphere
magnum is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

The londoners fish And chips rock. But lockharts smokehouse briskit was like heaven
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Home style cooking AllGood Cafe is hard to beat. I haven't been there since I moved back to Dallas but Sweet Georgia Brown for lunch was unreal. Best Cajun food: my kitchen. Tonight was Shrimp Sauce Piquant. That will make your sticker peck out.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
horndog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Damnit Imma getting hungry again
horndog is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco View Post
The londoners fish And chips rock. But lockharts smokehouse briskit was like heaven
Lockharts is overpriced mediocre BBQ at best
txexetoo is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Like EZ says, AllGood Cafe is usually always a good place for homestyle cooking. Their Mega Egga sammich is very filling and the chicken fried steak is tasty. If you have a chance, the herb roast chicken is one of their best plates, in my opinion.

Of course, we can't forget Twisted Root burgers. Original location is still in Deep Ellum. The only place I know of that gives you the option of beef, bison or exotic game. Try the adult milkshakes!

Another favorite of mine is The Elbow Room Bar & Kitchen on Gaston. It has a Goodfella's menu. The stuffed meatballs are awesome! The kitchen closes at 1am.

Pope's Fried Chicken on East Side and Columbia/Main, right off Hwy 30 in East Dallas. The best fried chicken I've found in a long time. No indoor seating. Only 2 outdoor picnic tables and maybe 5 parking spaces. The general area is rough but as long as you don't bother anyone, no one cares.

Jimmy's Italian Deli on Fitzhugh @ Bryan. Sketchy neighborhood but it's redeveloping. Limited parking right outside the door. Huge sammichs! You won't leave hungry!

Mojo Donuts on Lemmon at Mockingbird. Small purple building with bright pink lettering. Hit it early! Opens at 5:30am. Specialty items and the usual fare. Blueberry fritters are yum!

Velvet Taco is pretty good, especially late nite grub. Tiny parking lot on the corner of Henderson & 75. As soon as it's pulled off the grill, eat fast! The tortillas are stuffed full and will fall apart if you're slow. Don't skip the sides of roasted potatoes and buttered corn!

I'm sure there will be more replies but this is what I could volunteer at the moment ...

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
ftango4
Valued Poster

If you like meat:Palm,Als,Bobs.
Shush:i Tei Tei, Tei An, Oishii, or NOBU(special occasions-they price it for the NBA teams stayin there. ie, high.
ftango4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Jimmy's is in a "sketchy" neighborhood? Who knew? Cafe Urbano is right around the corner in an adjacent building. Two of Dallas best Thai restaurants -- Bangkok City and Shakuu are a few block towards downtown. Mai's Vietnamese is also nearby. Pretty much one of the best culinary areas if town. The Taquria that's between Jimmy's and Bangkok used to be excellent, too. But it's changed hands and gone down hill.

I've probably eaten at these restaurants close to 100 times if you take then all together. Parked Porsches, Mercedes, and BMWs out side of all of them at all hours and never had a problem of any kind.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #11
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by txexetoo View Post
Sorry u did not like it. Lived in texas 30 years and best i have had . But fish and chips at fillmore pub in plano are very good too. And a great pub
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
broes
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by txexetoo View Post
The sausage and chicken were overpriced and mediocre. The brisket and the shoulder clod are best in DFW level.
broes is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #13
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Jimmy's is in a "sketchy" neighborhood? Who knew? Cafe Urbano is right around the corner in an adjacent building. Two of Dallas best Thai restaurants -- Bangkok City and Shakuu are a few block towards downtown. Mai's Vietnamese is also nearby. Pretty much one of the best culinary areas if town. The Taquria that's between Jimmy's and Bangkok used to be excellent, too. But it's changed hands and gone down hill.

I've probably eaten at these restaurants close to 100 times if you take then all together. Parked Porsches, Mercedes, and BMWs out side of all of them at all hours and never had a problem of any kind.

Really?!?! I mentioned it because I stood in front of Jimmy's after attending a little league baseball game during last summer and gun shots could be heard right down the street in the middle of the day.

Just because it doesn't happen to every person who's been in the general area, doesn't mean it isn't possible or didn't occur at all. There's no excuse for discounting the truth since you weren't next to me at the time.

We could've gone on for the next quarter of a century without you sidelining part of the topic. Quit finding ways to pick things apart. You seem to have a knack for it.

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Good to Go taco in Garland (next to Goodfriend bar). If this were in Plano, I would eat there every day.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #15
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco View Post
Sorry u did not like it. Lived in texas 30 years and best i have had . But fish and chips at fillmore pub in plano are very good too. And a great pub
Try Rail Head or Hard Eight. Both put Lockhart to shame
txexetoo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women