Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41559
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35932
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
Guest021414
Account Disabled

User ID: 209475
Default THE FLU SHOT-????

Well I was wondering how many hobbyists and providers have actually gotten a flu shot this year? How many are currently down with the flu??
A lot of people are reported to be sick and even die in Travis County from the flu this year! Six deaths to date have been reported in Travis County from the flu!
I got my flu shot.. I had to go to six pharmacies to get it because they were out but I got mine im off to vacation and definitely don't want to be sick or get anyone else sick i'm glad I made the right decision!

I was just wondering how many others did get the shot??

– Texas already has a higher than average number of flu cases. In fact, averages here are some of the highest in the country. Now, a particularly dangerous and deadly strain of the flu is spreading across the state.

Travis county and texas flu warning click here
Guest021414 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
atx_native
Registered Member

The 6 deaths have happened in the DFW area... About 5-6 million people.

Most deaths from the flu are in immunocompromised patients, the very young and elderly.

I had an aunt that had neurological issues after a flu shot a few years ago. It was enough to make me swear off all vaccines unless nessecary. I try to make others aware.

Below is a link to the government reporting website for adverse reactions to vaccines. There are some real horror stories in here. The poor girls that were vaccinated with the garadsil vaccine. Thousands of girls that were left disabled, it's really a shame.

edited per OP request..staff

Anyway just food for thought.

My last flu vaccine was the year they got the vaccine guess wrong and I got the type b strain that reared its ugly head but was not included in the mixture. My luck.
atx_native is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Guest021414
Account Disabled

The Travis county death report hasn't been updated then I heard this from a friend who works for Travis county ems! It has been said the closer to Mexico you are the worse it gets
Old 12-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
71Stingray
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

I got the shot and have seen about 5 of my staff out for multiple days from the flu..... only one of them got the shot? Go figure
71Stingray is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
knotty man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

damn messicans !!
i think its a plot by obama, just to keep the brown man down
viva la raza !!! eiy , eiy eiy !!!
knotty man is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Guest021414
Account Disabled

Knotty I'm sure it's because it's a poor border country and without proper medical care or shots avail they tend to get the flu faster then run and spread it however it is a safe shot to blame hObama since he thinks the borders being open is a good idea

So how many providers or hobbyist have or have gotten the flu this year???
I'm sure a few people are down and OUT!!! Esp those who did not get there shot like dr oz recommended!!!!

Did you know even after you feel perfectly fine from the flu you are still contagious to others for a minimum of 3 days sometimes 5 days! And there's no telling how long it can make you sick * INDEFINITELY or even DEATH!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
atx_native
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyslilslut View Post
The Travis county death report hasn't been updated then I heard this from a friend who works for Travis county ems! It has been said the closer to Mexico you are the worse it gets
According to the CDC 49,000 people have died from the flu between 1976 and 2007... We range 500 a 3,000 deaths per year.

90% of these people were over 65.

So the mortality rate of the flu is .1 deaths per 100,000.

To put that into perspective auto fatalities in this country are 10.6 per 100,000.

Back that number down to folks under 65 (10%) the numbers get mind boggling.

After my aunt had her scary reaction to the shot it's amazing how many things can go wrong when you ramp up your immune system... Lupus, Chronic Fatigue, possibly MS etc etc

Just food for thought.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_native View Post
According to the CDC 49,000 people have died from the flu between 1976 and 2007... We range 500 a 3,000 deaths per year.

90% of these people were over 65.

So the mortality rate of the flu is .1 deaths per 100,000.

To put that into perspective auto fatalities in this country are 10.6 per 100,000.

Back that number down to folks under 65 (10%) the numbers get mind boggling.

After my aunt had her scary reaction to the shot it's amazing how many things can go wrong when you ramp up your immune system... Lupus, Chronic Fatigue, possibly MS etc etc

Just food for thought.
Are you talking Texas, or the whole US?

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5933a1.htm

The CDC estimated 49,000 in the 2003-2004 season alone.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_native;1054756473

Below is a link to the government reporting website for adverse reactions to vaccines. There are some real horror stories in here. The poor girls that were vaccinated with the garadsil vaccine. Thousands of girls that were left disabled, it's really a shame.

[url
http://www.medalerts.org/[/url]
DON'T click the original link posted here. There's some sort of hidden stuff in that link. I'm not sure it's malicious, but it does appear to at least do some sort of tracking.

[noparse]

It says:

http://www.medalerts.org

but hidden underneath that is:

[URL="http://internal/iCabMobile_CallBack?openURLinT arget&target=_blank&url=http%3 A%2F%2Fwww.medalerts.org%2F&re ferrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eccie. net%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D105 4756473%26posted%3D1%23post105 4756473"]http://www.medalerts.org/[/URL]
[parse]
Old 12-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
atx_native
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
Are you talking Texas, or the whole US?

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5933a1.htm

The CDC estimated 49,000 in the 2003-2004 season alone.

You are right... not in the 30 years.

Low of 3,000 deaths to high of 49,000 over the 30 year period.

The 90% over the age of 65 stat is striking.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #11
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Quote:

Anyway just food for thought.
That is NOT a government web site. It's part of the National Vaccine Information Center.

Per Wikipedia:

"The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a public charity anti-vaccination advocacy group which questions the safety and efficacy of commonly used vaccines. The group was founded in 1982 by parents who blamed routine vaccination for the illness or death of a child. Michael Specter has described the NVIC as "the most powerful anti-vaccine organization in America, and its relationship with the U.S. government consists almost entirely of opposing federal efforts aimed at vaccinating children.""
Old 12-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
atx_native
Registered Member

[QUOTE=GneissGuy;1054757350]DON'T click the original link posted here. There's some sort of hidden stuff in that link. I'm not sure it's malicious, but it does appear to at least do some sort of tracking.

[noparse]

It says:

http://www.medalerts.org

but hidden underneath that is:

[URL="http://internal/iCabMobile_CallBack?openURLinT arget&target=_blank&url=http%3 A%2F%2Fwww.medalerts.org%2F&re ferrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eccie. net%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D105 4756473%26posted%3D1%23post105 4756473"]http://www.medalerts.org/[/URL]
[parse][/QUOTE]

Dang good to know... It's a copy and paste from my ipad browser.

It does not appear that I can edit the post for some reason... I will report the post to the mods and have them edit.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
atx_native
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
That is NOT a government web site. It's part of the National Vaccine Information Center.

Per Wikipedia:

"The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a public charity anti-vaccination advocacy group which questions the safety and efficacy of commonly used vaccines. The group was founded in 1982 by parents who blamed routine vaccination for the illness or death of a child. Michael Specter has described the NVIC as "the most powerful anti-vaccine organization in America, and its relationship with the U.S. government consists almost entirely of opposing federal efforts aimed at vaccinating children.""
The VAERS website is painful to search through and look at the reports.

Medalerts is the same data but in an easier to search format.

Here is the official site.

http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

I did this link manual... Let me know if you see any code.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
chuckles
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Children, the elderly, and the immunocompromised are at greater risk for death and serious complications. If you don't get vaccinated, your body becomes a vessel where the flu virus can be replicated and spread to others. You should also consider economics when deciding on vaccination; if you get the flu, you will not be able to work. The flu virus mutates continuously and we don't know how virulent any particular seasons strain of flu will be. I had a bad case in 2002, and was literally praying I would die, never been so miserable.
The standard advice for everyone is wash your hands often, cough into your elbow, and if you do get sick stay home so you don't put others at risk. Also, there is the very serious consequence that none of our beautiful ladies want to see you if you have the flu.
chuckles is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Quote:
The 6 deaths have happened in the DFW area... About 5-6 million people.

Most deaths from the flu are in immunocompromised patients, the very young and elderly.
The scary thing this year and the past few years has been the H1N1 "swine" flu. H1N1 has a tendency to kill young, healthy people with strong immune systems.

Seton currently has 5 flu patients on heart lung machines here in Austin because their lungs have basically failed.
http://beforeitsnews.com/economy/201...t-2582298.html

OK, maybe the flu "normally" only kills the old, elderly, and sick. So, if you're not in that category, you'll skip the flu shot, and live yourself, but risk spreading it to your less healthy friends relatives. Very big of you. I'm sure the loved ones of the deceased will understand.

The 1918 H1N1 flu pandemic killed 3-5 percent of the world's population. Other than vaccines, we really aren't a lot better at avoiding flu deaths than we were back then. The antiviral medicines are not very effective even under the best of conditions, and there's not enough of it around to help in a real outbreak. Air travel makes it doubly scary.

Preventable disease is REAL, hard numbers. The antivaccine nonsense is just that. It wasn't that long ago when smallpox, polio, measles, and many other diseases were a real threat. Smallpox killed 300-500 million people worldwide in the 20th century. These diseases are mostly a memory now, but the anti vaccine nutjobs are trying to bring them back.

You vaccine deniers are putting yourself and my loved ones at risk with your nonsense.

You're talking nonsense, falsified data, hypochondria, and the "lawsuit lottery" environment like the guy who faked test results and started the autism vaccine scare.

Don't get me wrong. I think the medical establishment is nearly as bad as the mob in a lot of ways. However, they're doing the right thing with vaccines.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women