Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41552
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Austin just got REALLY weird!

wow Austin is a really weird town now...I guess it might be all these liberals coming from California trying to "green peace" everything?? Or todays "save the earth" radicals??

I was at HEB today/checked out with a large basket of groceries....the cashier then tells me that I have to "BUY" my bags cause of some "new travis county ordinance"!
what the heck??I NEVER had to do that before and won't start doing it! I pay alot for my groceries already so i expect the bags to be complimentary! I can understand if I had gone to sack n save! I used to buy HEB cause of their great "policies & stances in the commiunity".....BUT NO MORE! I walked out leaving everything on the checkstand and went to RANDALLS where the bags were free & service was awesome!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Insano
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

plastic bag ban has been in place for a while now.

wb to austin btw.
Insano is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
wow Austin is a really weird town now...I guess it might be all these liberals coming from California trying to "green peace" everything?? Or todays "save the earth" radicals??

I was at HEB today/checked out with a large basket of groceries....the cashier then tells me that I have to "BUY" my bags cause of some "new travis county ordinance"!
what the heck??I NEVER had to do that before and won't start doing it! I pay alot for my groceries already so i expect the bags to be complimentary! I can understand if I had gone to sack n save! I used to buy HEB cause of their great "policies & stances in the commiunity".....BUT NO MORE! I walked out leaving everything on the checkstand and went to RANDALLS where the bags were free & service was awesome!
Well, sweetie pie, Randall's may not charge ya fer them bags at tha checkout, but ya kin be shure thet tha price o' them bags is workedt inta tha price o' yore groceries. Ain't nuthin' really fer free in this ol' world. Ah'd expect a paid poonanny pervider ta know that frum personal axe-perience. Don't e'erybody say that even with civvie gurlfriends and real world esposas thet thar really ain't no such thang as free pussy? We men-folk pay fer it one way 'r 'nother. Same thang wif yore bags. They're a line item charge at HEB an' one o' them embedded unseen charges at Randall's.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

that is so true Mr DD!

Nothing in life is free ... or easy! lol

But actually I ended up paying less cause I did not "impulse shop" like I always do at the bargain stores...lol
Old 01-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

I figure that I've saved at least 3 plastic trees in the past year. You CAN however get paper bags at some places.
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I prefer paper bags....thats what randalls gave me....and I still luv Austin though!!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
mrhamm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Plastic bags have to be good for multiple uses. When you go to the mall, the bags there are now thicker. It means I don't shop for groceries anymore in Austin unless I'm just picking up an item or two on the way home from work and can carry it out in one hand.
mrhamm is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

As a native Austinite I am not happy about the bag ban, they made perfect shit bags when cleaning my cat's litter box. As far being a "Liberal", "Green Peace" town... You're damn right we are and that's exactly how we love our city, and that is exactly how it will stay for many years to come. we will never be a stuck up, hypocritical conservative city like Dallas or Houston NEVER. and if folks can't handle that they are more than welcome to stay the hell out of our city, you won't be hurting any feelings here I promise you. As long as UT is here we will remain the weird, trippy, tree huggin city we want to be, the assholes can leave if they don't like it.... period.
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Unfortunately, this batshit crazy pseudo environmentalist bullshit is happening in a lot of cities around the country. Lots of cities are banning free shopping bags.

They are also finding more food poisoning incidents in cities that banned bags because your reusable bag that you had the leaky package of raw chicken with salmonella in gets used over and over and contaminates your raw fruit and veggies for your next few shopping trips.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in favor of things that actually help the environment, but this is just bullshit to inconvenience the public and give the appearance of doing something for the environment.

I bought 1000 bags on my own and they only take up the space of a couple of loaves of bread. Probably a 10 year supply. Shopping bags just don't use that much of our precious natural resources.

Me, as often as possible, I take my shopping business and my sales tax dollars outside the Peoples Democratic Republic of Austin to places where I get bags. For many of us, it's not that far to a store outside the city limits of Looneyville.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 AM   #10
JennsLolli
Account Disabled

User ID: 5509
My ECCIE Reviews

Y'all need Aldi's. God bless Aldi's. You pay for your goddamn cart! But I also pay $25/wk for my mostly produce groceries.
JennsLolli is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:56 AM   #11
Lrqr
Account Disabled

Encounters: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennsLolli View Post
Y'all need Aldi's. God bless Aldi's. You pay for your goddamn cart! But I also pay $25/wk for my mostly produce groceries.
We do have Aldi's, it just goes by a different name - Trader Joe's.

The Aldi from Germany had a bit of a tiff (related to tobacco, I recall) and split ownership in Europe, so the stores there are actually owned by 2 different owners, depending on the country.

When they both came to the US, one went to CA under the name Trader Joe, the other hit more east coast and brought the name Aldi.

Anyway, I tend to agree the bag ban is high on talk and low on impact. There are better ways to achieve both symbolic and impact, but whatever...
Lrqr is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
muckman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The plastic bag ban has been around for quite a while now. Not sure why the surprise.
muckman is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #13
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennsLolli View Post
It's one thing when the store decides not to provide bags. It's entirely different when some government nitwits decide to force it on everyone as a political statement.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
Claire She Blows
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 175071
My ECCIE Reviews

Those plastic bags are fucking toxic. One was caught in a cactus for 6 months in my yard, and when I went to pick it up, it disintegrated in my hands, with little plastic bits sticking to everything. I'm glad they finally did something and banned them. I wish the rest of the damn country would follow suit.
Claire She Blows is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #15
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Ah-fore ya know it, Tha A-TX pussy cartel is gonna charge us men-folk if'n we don't bring our own rubbers. Prolly charge us fer disposal, too, if'n we don't take tha used ones wif us.

Ah blame Obama!
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women