Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default I was asked a question today

I was asked a question by a student today. They wanted to know why I supported Romney. I turned it around and asked him why he supported Obama since we know about him. They told me that Romney was out of touch with normal people. Okay, fair enough.

So because he went to Harvard he is out of touch.
So because his father was born in another country he is out touch.
So because he is a millionaire he is out of touch.
So because he is a successful politician he is out of touch.
So because he lived a life that was not normal means he is out of touch.
So because he practices some sort of different religion he is out of touch.

I told the student that I had just described Barack Obama and his life. Was he out of touch?

The student started to say something, stopped, and said that Romney was richer. Richer than who? Obama is richer than you or me. What does money have to do with it. Seems that Romney earned his.

I'll talk to you on Monday and he walked away.

Poor young people, they haven't figured it out yet but they are always convinced that they have.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

So professor. What if the student said, "I just like Obama more personally, I trust him more...it's just a personal feeling"

What would have said then?
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

a question is answered with a question?

uh huh ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Can you explain?

I am sure you are a stalwart of truth, being a teacher, and wouldn't want to encourage any of those nasty ill informed myths about Obama?

OK, I get, it, he's not one of us.

Reminds me of that video Pelosi made and the Alabama (?) toothless one who spat (almost) and said 'I just don't like him, he's not one of us'.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I was asked a question by a student today. They wanted to know why I supported Romney. I turned it around and asked him why he supported Obama since we know about him. They told me that Romney was out of touch with normal people. Okay, fair enough.

So because he went to Harvard he is out of touch.
So because his father was born in another country he is out touch.
So because he is a millionaire he is out of touch.
So because he is a successful politician he is out of touch.
So because he lived a life that was not normal means he is out of touch.

I told the student that I had just described Barack Obama and his life. Was he out of touch?

The student started to say something, stopped, and said that Romney was richer. Richer than who? Obama is richer than you or me. What does money have to do with it. Seems that Romney earned his.

I'll talk to you on Monday and he walked away.

Poor young people, they haven't figured it out yet but they are always convinced that they have.
Gosh, what a clever fellow you are! You sure outsmarted that student of yours. Nice. Do you have any more amusing anecdotes that you can post that you think illustrate how smart you are by besting what? An 18 year old? Or do you teach elementary school maybe?

Did you mention to the student that Obama was raised by his mom and grandma, i'.e., in a single family household that struggled economically?

Did you mention that Obama didn't have a dad who was a rich politician?

Did you mention that Obama didn't have any family connections that made it easier for him to get into an Ivy League college?

Did you mention that Obama has achieved every single thing in his life by hard work and smarts, not family money and connections?

Or did you forget all that stuff?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

sounds like you are out of touch ....JD
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Gosh, what a clever fellow you are! You sure outsmarted that student of yours. Nice. Do you have any more amusing anecdotes that you can post that you think illustrate how smart you are by besting what? An 18 year old? Or do you teach elementary school maybe?

Did you mention that Obama didn't have any family connections that made it easier for him to get into an Ivy League college?

Did you mention that Obama has achieved every single thing in his life by hard work and smarts, not family money and connections?

Or did you forget all that stuff?
Did you mention that he would not have got into an Ivy League school if he was white.

Did you mention that the only reason the SOB is POTUS is because he's black. No way a white man with the same qualifications (or lack thereof) would have ever made it to the White House.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Did you mention that he would not have got into an Ivy League school if he was white.

Did you mention that the only reason the SOB is POTUS is because he's black. No way a white man with the same qualifications (or lack thereof) would have ever made it to the White House.
Yes, I've noticed how often American voters seemed predisposed to electing black men to a federal elective office.

Let's review, shall we....dumbass?

How many black United States senators do we have currently? None. Obama was one of only six in US history....past couple of hundred years. So, we can all see what an advantage being black and running for the US senate is, right?

How many blacks in the House? 40 or so. And they're only there because of the VRA and the federal judiciary who have insisted on fair voter representation. All republican opposition to the contrary.

You claiming that Obama is President because he is black is laughable. He is President in spite of the fact he is black.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Explain how I am wrong in my original statement....the original statement that your only response to was the emoticon that you posted up. Fucking liar. I'll wait.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed how often American voters seemed predisposed to electing black men to a federal elective office.

Let's review, shall we....dumbass?

How many black United States senators do we have currently? None. Obama was one of only six in US history....past couple of hundred years. So, we can all see what an advantage being black and running for the US senate is, right?

How many blacks in the House? 40 or so. And they're only there because of the VRA and the federal judiciary who have insisted on fair voter representation. All republican opposition to the contrary.

You claiming that Obama is President because he is black is laughable. He is President in spite of the fact he is black.
So we get "Affirmitive Action" President. Y'all get a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-HN...eature=related

Get ready to feel a bump on one check of your ass, from Romney. Thats money in your wallet. Working people will love this,
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

We had a teacher like that when I was in junior high school. He tried to influence us politically and socially with his own agenda. By the end of the semester, the school district fired his ass.

How is it that you still have a job and what the fuck do you teach? SHOP?

YOW!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

College is different, Assup. Perhaps if you'd been able to get in one, you'd understand that.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Went to two of them. Neither of them in Kansas, Auntie Em!

Could have gone to more, but I figured two degrees were enough.

Truth be told, I need more than degrees to deal with the likes of you and your blow buddies. I need to go back to high school and practice my taunting.

And yeah, Bitchita Unawhiner, DDT is not just a wrestling move. It's what's seeping out of your skin!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Went to two of them. Neither of them in Kansas, Auntie Em!

Could have gone to more, but I figured two degrees were enough.
Really? I never would have guessed that. Hmmm . . .

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women