Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default The Cost of Winning Ugly

Pat Buchanan at his best. The way Obama is running his campaign seriously impairs his ability to govern, should he be re-elected.

Interesting read.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/the-cost-of-winning-ugly/

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Ugly Election

I think it was really the Republicans who wrote the book on winning ugly.

Senator John Kerry would have made a much better President than Bush, but he was blindsided by the swift-boat attacks.

Do you think the Democrats were not paying attention and learning the lesson of just low and how dirty the Republicans are liable to attack in this election?

The economic hole that Bush and his cronies dug this country into was truly horrendous and they did it by truly underhanded methods of intimidation of the voters with the threat of another terrorist attack on one side and hammering Kerry with swift-boat attacks on the other.

The Democrats understand how important this election is for the welfare of the country and they are not going to play nicey-nicey this time, but unload their cannons from the first scrimmage line.

Advance at all costs!

. . . The lesson learned was you have to win the damn election before you can implement your policies!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

So it is ok for the Dems to lie, and to personally destroy their opponents, because they are more noble, and their cause is more just.

You are scary, FastGoon. And you don't understand America, or freedom.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Noble Cause

Yes, that's basically it. You finally got it, old geezer.

The cause of the Democrats is more just in this election than the hogwash the Republicans want to peddle.

However, merely having a more just and a more noble cause will not automatically grant you the license needed to implement it if you do not win the damn election first.

. . .Onward, Christan soldiers, marching as to war!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So it is ok for the Dems to lie, and to personally destroy their opponents, because they are more noble, and their cause is more just.

You are scary, FastGoon. And you don't understand America, or freedom.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Aww is someone sore because a certain republican candidate is dropping on the polls?

Boo fucking hoo.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I'm not a Republican, and I don't expect to vote for Romney. But FastGoon is starting to sound like a BrownShirt, and it is scary to think that stealing an election is ok, because they are so much better than the other side. It's anti-democratic, and anti-American.

I'm disappointed, FastGoon. I thought you were just an entertaining buffoon. Now I see you are a dangerous idealogue, who has no respect for the will of the people, only power for your side.

You are what's wrong with America.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm not a Republican, and I don't expect to vote for Romney. But FastGoon is starting to sound like a BrownShirt, and it is scary to think that stealing an election is ok, because they are so much better than the other side. It's anti-democratic, and anti-American.

I'm disappointed, FastGoon. I thought you were just an entertaining buffoon. Now I see you are a dangerous idealogue, who has no respect for the will of the people, only power for your side.

the Karl Roves and the partisan pukes that board his train are the problem with this country

Rove is the epitome of dirty politics ... Roves dirty politics got Bush elected to the Gov mansion, and the whitehouse ... so your claim it doesnt work is pretty meaningless
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Lies and slanderous ads are wrong on both sides.

But as with many things, neither side will even think about stopping until they are certain the other sidewon't out-sleaze them.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It does work. It shouldn't. I didn't support Rove, and I don't support the corrupt liars surrounding Obama, or Romney. But when someone proudly says, "Yes, I'll lie, I'll destroy people. Because my cause is just," I get pissed off.

It reminds me of how far we have fallen as a country and as a society. There is no honor in public discourse anymore. People are seen only as tools to manipulate in the acquisition of power. It's sick, and it does not lead to security, prosperity or freedom. It leads only to tyranny. That's where we're headed, indeed, we are already there. Just wait for the facade to fall away, and see what is really there. We have a police state where rights are illusions and freedom is a charade.

This is not America. I can't even conceive of a genuine American spouting the shit FastGoon is so proud of. "Anything's ok, as long as we win, because we have your best interest at heart." What bullshit. That is the language of a Kim, Assad or Chavez. That is not the language of a Franklin, Jefferson or Adams.

If they truly had the best interests of the people at heart, there would be a vigorous, honest campaign, and the people would have the information they need to decide. The people, remember? Government only exists at the consent of the governed. Us. The people. That has fallen away long ago. We don't want a President. We want a nanny, who will feed us, change us, take us to the park, and tuck us in bed at night.

It's sick. It's tragic. It's over.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

What a battleship have to do with this thread???

Kerry would have been a better president??? I seem to recall that he said on the day of 9/11 that he sat down in his office and didn't move for 45 minutes because he was in shock. Now I expect you to condemn him as I am positive that you condemned Bush for waiting until the car was brought around and the children finished reading. Kerry would have been Obama the premature with fancy vacations and wind surfing.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

It's sick. It's tragic. It's over.
You are such a Drama Queen.

When Democrats fight back, all of a sudden the world is coming to an end. Good Lord cutiepie, do you ever listen to yourself?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Upset

Well, now I'm all upset.

What ever shall I do now that the old geezer is disappointed with me?

He even thinks I am dangerous!

(gasp!)

. . . It's tragic. It's sad. It's all over!

Quote:

I'm disappointed, Fast Gunn. I thought you were just an entertaining buffoon. Now I see you are a dangerous idealogue, who has no respect for the will of the people, only power for your side.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
It does work. It shouldn't. I didn't support Rove, and I don't support the corrupt liars surrounding Obama, or Romney. But when someone proudly says, "Yes, I'll lie, I'll destroy people. Because my cause is just," I get pissed off.
Can't disagree with that at all. Too bad many only see it as lies when it's "the other side".
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Taboo

Here is how politics and society work.

There are certain things that are not supposed to be mentioned.

Certain things in society are considered taboo are not to be discussed.

Never! Not even once!

You must strip back the curtain of hypocrisy to see what is really hidden behind there.

. . . Then, you will know, but you must never say!

Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Didn't work in the Texas run off election we just had; Dewhurst was relentlessly negative against Cruz, who beat the pulp out of Dewhurst......

Post election analysis: Dewhurst negative ads turned voters off; many voted for Cruz or didn't show up to vote for Dewhurst...

It is urban legend that going negative always works...

The inside truth is that going negative is a sign that you think you are losing !!!!!!!!!

Going negative is the last refuge of a losing campgain.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women