Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Rick Santorum: “We’re not the Libertarian Party, we’re the Republican Party”

That's right, Rick. That is why you are failing. But keep on trying to control people. You'll just continue to piss them off, and drive them away from your ridiculous "party" and to an appreciation of Liberty.

The truth is, these “values guys,” Santorum, Huckabee, Bauer, still just don’t understand that they are the problem for the GOP. For all the crowing support for “smaller government” they have given over the years, they pretty much don’t care about reducing the size of the state. The truth is they are probably all for expanding the state so long at it suits their ends. The socialcons are much more interested in how the state coerces, not that it coerces at all.

Big government conservatives are at least as scary as big government liberals (or progressives or whatever.) And they are a weight around the ankle of the Republican Party. If the GOP plans on being relevant it should focus on reducing the size of government as its prime directive. Others can come along and other issues can be tacked onto a truly small government agenda, but for the party to be re-born this is the winning ethos. Small government, entrepreneurship, optimism, ambition, respect, opportunity, liberty.

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...ublican-party/
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

IMHO, one of, if not the major problem with the GOP ideology, is that they do not look back far enough to find some relevant thoughts for today. They look to Reagan, when they really should look to Goldwater, although a sizable number of people would call him a RINO. Perhaps so, since many of his beliefs actually are what I have seen espoused on the LP site. He really foresaw much of what has happened to the GOP and wanted nothing to do with those who have managed to transform the party into an ultra-conservative religious mouth.
To quote the late Senator and once Presidential candidate:

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

'The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism." '
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

The inability of the GOP to evolve will result in it being forever what it has become.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
IMHO, one of, if not the major problem with the GOP ideology, is that they do not look back far enough to find some relevant thoughts for today. They look to Reagan, when they really should look to Goldwater, although a sizable number of people would call him a RINO. Perhaps so, since many of his beliefs actually are what I have seen espoused on the LP site. He really foresaw much of what has happened to the GOP and wanted nothing to do with those who have managed to transform the party into an ultra-conservative religious mouth.
To quote the late Senator and once Presidential candidate:

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

'The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism." '

Reagan made a deal with the devil. These dogooders just want to use the government money to expand their power.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

Of course, the problem you have is that those leaving the GOP because of the whackos that control it these days won't be joining the ranks of your whacko party either. You don't get it because you're whacko too....but, the libertarians, in addition to being whackjobs, are irrelevant to the political process. They are now what they have always been, and always will be: a irrelevant fringe group. And, I suspect that is the way you secretly want it to remain. That way, you and the rest of your little group can continue to chant your simplistic slogans without facing the realities of actually having to govern a nation of 300,000,000 people.....and you can criticize to your hearts' content from the cheap seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That's right, Rick. That is why you are failing. But keep on trying to control people. You'll just continue to piss them off, and drive them away from your ridiculous "party" and to an appreciation of Liberty.

The truth is, these “values guys,” Santorum, Huckabee, Bauer, still just don’t understand that they are the problem for the GOP. For all the crowing support for “smaller government” they have given over the years, they pretty much don’t care about reducing the size of the state. The truth is they are probably all for expanding the state so long at it suits their ends. The socialcons are much more interested in how the state coerces, not that it coerces at all.

Big government conservatives are at least as scary as big government liberals (or progressives or whatever.) And they are a weight around the ankle of the Republican Party. If the GOP plans on being relevant it should focus on reducing the size of government as its prime directive. Others can come along and other issues can be tacked onto a truly small government agenda, but for the party to be re-born this is the winning ethos. Small government, entrepreneurship, optimism, ambition, respect, opportunity, liberty.

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...ublican-party/
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It was a dumb and stupid thing for Santorum to say.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

But truthful.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Of course, the problem you have is that those leaving the GOP because of the whackos that control it these days won't be joining the ranks of your whacko party either. You don't get it because you're whacko too....but, the libertarians, in addition to being whackjobs, are irrelevant to the political process. They are now what they have always been, and always will be: a irrelevant fringe group. And, I suspect that is the way you secretly want it to remain. That way, you and the rest of your little group can continue to chant your simplistic slogans without facing the realities of actually having to govern a nation of 300,000,000 people.....and you can criticize to your hearts' content from the cheap seats.

dogs chase cars, Libertarians chase mainstream government

neither has a clue what to do when they catch their prey
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
It was a dumb and stupid thing for Santorum to say.
That assessment applies to everything that comes out of his mouth.

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

That is rich; how do you think Obama got elected and is now governing ?

By sloganeering.................. ..

Here’s a sampling of the ones we’ve seen so far. (Did I miss any? )
* “Forward” — official slogan
* “Greater Together” — youth vote initiative
* “Betting on America” — his new bus tour
* “We Don’t Quit” — speech theme
* “Winning the Future” — from 2011 State of the Union address
* “We Can’t Wait” — theme tied to executive orders/GOP obstruction
* “An America/Economy Built to Last” — from 2012 State of the Union
* “A Fair Shot” — speech theme

And here are his 5 biggest failed slogans:

1. Win the Future
Team Obama broke out "Win the Future" in January 2011 to frame his State of the Union address and fiscal 2012 budget. "He used the phrase (or a variant) 11 times" in his State of the Union address, says John Dickerson at Slate, but he was wise to drop it soon afterward. Win the Future "sounded more like the title of a self-help seminar, with Obama in the role of Tony Robbins," than a governing vision. There's also "that whole 'WTF' acronym to work around," says Jazz Shaw at Hot Air.

2. We Can't Wait
This slogan appeared in October 2011, as Obama's American Jobs Act floundered in Congress and he rolled out a series of initiatives aimed at unilaterally boosting the economy. Obama came up with this phrase himself, and it wasn't bad, says Jonathan Chait at New York, but he needed to "hit the theme a little harder" if he wanted it to stick. After months of pushing "We Can't Wait" measures, and using them to throw jabs at a do-nothing Congress, Obama wasn't even able to make "high information voters" aware of the slogan.

3. An America Built to Last
The White House unveiled this phrase as the theme of Obama's 2012 State of the Union address. And thank goodness it didn't last, says Lee Siegel at The Daily Beast. The slogan, apparently lifted from old Ford or Chevy ads, had a "weaselish quality" — instead of "framing a political vision," it was "clearly" meant to address the swing voters in states like Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, the heartland of the U.S. auto industry. Obama can't be all poetry, but "borrowing from decades-old car commercials is a new rhetorical low, and a futile one at that."

4. Greater Together
Team Obama launched the "Greater Together" initiative in October 2011 to reconnect with young voters, who came out in force for him in 2008. He has since used it to rally different parts of the Democratic coalition, says Neil Munro at The Daily Caller. As a slogan, "Greater Together" is pretty underwhelming. It seems like it belongs in an ad for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups — "Two great tastes that taste great together" — and it may turn off independents. Plus, "Greater Together " suggests "the collective is more powerful than individuals," says Mike Franc of The Heritage Foundation.

5. We Don't Quit
At a February fundraiser in California, Obama seemed to almost dismiss the whole idea of slogans, before testing one at the end of his speech: "Inspiration is wonderful, nice speeches are wonderful, pretty posters, that's great. But what's required at the end of the day to create the kind of country we want is stick-to-it-ness. It's determination. It's saying, 'We don't quit.'" Hmmmm, "I suppose I could see using, 'We don't quit'," says Hot Air's Shaw, except that "it lends itself immediately to a follow-up line of, '... so I guess we'll have to fire you.'" Booyah!

So what gives? Why all the sloganeering from this man?

All suit and no substance..................... .

http://theweek.com/article/index/227...mpaign-slogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
...........That way, you and the rest of your little group can continue to chant your simplistic slogans without facing the realities of actually having to govern a nation of 300,000,000 people.....and you can criticize to your hearts' content from the cheap seats.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

And this has WHAT to do with the Santorum story that Whiny cut and pasted?

Party on, Garth!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
That is rich; how do you think Obama got elected and is now governing ?

By sloganeering.................. ..

Here’s a sampling of the ones we’ve seen so far. (Did I miss any? )
* “Forward” — official slogan
* “Greater Together” — youth vote initiative
* “Betting on America” — his new bus tour
* “We Don’t Quit” — speech theme
* “Winning the Future” — from 2011 State of the Union address
* “We Can’t Wait” — theme tied to executive orders/GOP obstruction
* “An America/Economy Built to Last” — from 2012 State of the Union
* “A Fair Shot” — speech theme

And here are his 5 biggest failed slogans:

1. Win the Future
Team Obama broke out "Win the Future" in January 2011 to frame his State of the Union address and fiscal 2012 budget. "He used the phrase (or a variant) 11 times" in his State of the Union address, says John Dickerson at Slate, but he was wise to drop it soon afterward. Win the Future "sounded more like the title of a self-help seminar, with Obama in the role of Tony Robbins," than a governing vision. There's also "that whole 'WTF' acronym to work around," says Jazz Shaw at Hot Air.

2. We Can't Wait
This slogan appeared in October 2011, as Obama's American Jobs Act floundered in Congress and he rolled out a series of initiatives aimed at unilaterally boosting the economy. Obama came up with this phrase himself, and it wasn't bad, says Jonathan Chait at New York, but he needed to "hit the theme a little harder" if he wanted it to stick. After months of pushing "We Can't Wait" measures, and using them to throw jabs at a do-nothing Congress, Obama wasn't even able to make "high information voters" aware of the slogan.

3. An America Built to Last
The White House unveiled this phrase as the theme of Obama's 2012 State of the Union address. And thank goodness it didn't last, says Lee Siegel at The Daily Beast. The slogan, apparently lifted from old Ford or Chevy ads, had a "weaselish quality" — instead of "framing a political vision," it was "clearly" meant to address the swing voters in states like Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, the heartland of the U.S. auto industry. Obama can't be all poetry, but "borrowing from decades-old car commercials is a new rhetorical low, and a futile one at that."

4. Greater Together
Team Obama launched the "Greater Together" initiative in October 2011 to reconnect with young voters, who came out in force for him in 2008. He has since used it to rally different parts of the Democratic coalition, says Neil Munro at The Daily Caller. As a slogan, "Greater Together" is pretty underwhelming. It seems like it belongs in an ad for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups — "Two great tastes that taste great together" — and it may turn off independents. Plus, "Greater Together " suggests "the collective is more powerful than individuals," says Mike Franc of The Heritage Foundation.

5. We Don't Quit
At a February fundraiser in California, Obama seemed to almost dismiss the whole idea of slogans, before testing one at the end of his speech: "Inspiration is wonderful, nice speeches are wonderful, pretty posters, that's great. But what's required at the end of the day to create the kind of country we want is stick-to-it-ness. It's determination. It's saying, 'We don't quit.'" Hmmmm, "I suppose I could see using, 'We don't quit'," says Hot Air's Shaw, except that "it lends itself immediately to a follow-up line of, '... so I guess we'll have to fire you.'" Booyah!

So what gives? Why all the sloganeering from this man?

All suit and no substance..................... .

http://theweek.com/article/index/227...mpaign-slogans

Obie got elected because the GOP couldn't find anyone with enough credibility to beat a black dude from Kenya ... TWO TIMES IN A ROW !!

CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Yep, so why is Timmyboy putting down simplistic sloganeering as a way of governance ?

It seems to work in America.............it sells well with the dumbed down electorate who overwhelmingly voted for Obama.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Yep, so why is Timmyboy putting down simplistic sloganeering as a way of governance ?

It seems to work in America.............it sells well with the dumbed down electorate who overwhelmingly voted for Obama.
Like "Mission Accomplished?"
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I liked Nixon's (fuck the doomed)
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women