Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60654
gman4453275
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42279
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36732
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1
Default Is College Still Worth It?

Higher education has received a lot of negative press lately. However, consider this:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...=business&_r=0
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Tim Bucktwo
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

I'll b paying for my daughters PhD program for years to come. It better be.
Tim Bucktwo is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Guest121613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 24

And some think we're better off? Someday, I fear I will be pouring coffee at tim hortins and rolling up lids with lindy when no one is looking.
Guest121613 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 115962

Depends what your perception of 'what is worth it' is. I hate charts like that which seek to emphasize two main goals employment and income with educating yourself - as if that's the purpose of life - at which level would you like to 'earn' your membership in the rat race? Haha f'n hilarious

And no college isn't the one and only way. Look back to history, people who desired always sought ways to educate themselves ...only today do we empathize $$$ with attaining "higher education"

Education is free and is everywhere. You're born into it
Zabrina Sarafina is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

I would have to say that THE BEST argument against a college education is not going so you don't have to listen to those whiny ass, liberal, tree hugging, unrealistic professors who will try and brainwash you. But that's just my opinion
GP is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Lexxxy
☆Fictional Character☆

User ID: 29515
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I like having my education to fall back on, not to mention I'm proud of it. With that being said before I got into the sugar daddy life style, fetish training, and the hobby I was over $80,000 in debt. If I were to go straight into my field i would be a wage slave for years trying to pay it back.
To all of the gents that I have been lucky enough to spend time with, thank you for making contributions towards my education.
Lexxxy is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

colledge? shit GP

youll get it( propoganda) at the home depot

I went in to grab a mower battery and forgot the core

they tried to call it an "eco " charge....... for .10

i said.......................... ...eehay???................... ........SAY WHAT?

he says.......................... ...................."eco " charge..

I said , ...................well....... ...I dont do "eco"................. leave the battery out..

i went to auto zone .. for .07 , spent ten bucks in gas and co2 spweewed the WHOLE WAY man

pressed that right peddle to the floor for BIG OIL! cut off 3 prius

went home and buried the core in the back yard
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
GP
Premium Access

It's even more fun when you light a few tire fires along the way. Be sure to start them with plenty of leaded gasoline.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

oil should be poured back into the GROUND..

hey............. thats where it came from,

give it back to mommie

here mommie,,,,,,,,,,,,, ahhh, there you go
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
wantsome
Account Disabled

Encounters: 50

Higher education is the next economic bubble. There is no way the cost increases can be sustained. To live on campus at a SUNY school will now run you about $80 grand. Private schools are even more costly. The "experience" of going away was what I remember as being one of the best parts of going to school. Are today's tuition prices worth the expereince? I think not.

The earning potential of someone with a degree is so much greater than those that have only a HS education. Unfortunately, an undergrad degree is expected in many emerging fields. In my field of employment, a graduate degree is a must if you are planning on getting anywhere.

The future probably is in on-line schools.
wantsome is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
DDarkness
THE REALLY BAD MOD!

Encounters: 43

ws,

You are absolutely right. On-Line education, Distance Learning, even these are expensive but they do allow for a more learn as you go perspective and a greater opportunity for flexibility!

But for those attending the Brick & Mortar Campuses, thank GOD for Scholarships, grants, and opportunities for kids to be RA's or Assistantships to reduce the overall cost!

DD
DDarkness is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
MC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDarkness View Post
But for those attending the Brick & Mortar Campuses, thank GOD for Scholarships, grants, and opportunities for kids to be RA's or Assistantships to reduce the overall cost!

DD
I actually tried getting an RA position, but it didn't work out. For some reason, in order to be accepted, I had to have a job reference from Buffalo. At the time I hadn't worked in Buffalo, only Syracuse. I'm not quite sure what the big deal was. A reference is a reference.
MC is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
Tiger
title: for rent

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
I actually tried getting an RA position, but it didn't work out. For some reason, in order to be accepted, I had to have a job reference from Buffalo. At the time I hadn't worked in Buffalo, only Syracuse. I'm not quite sure what the big deal was. A reference is a reference.
Not all providers accept refs (vouches) from other providers. Too bad they don't have JobCheck or WorkRef411.
Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Universities are a disgrace in my view. Sure, they do a lot of good, research, etc, but not enough to justify their cost. They drive up medical costs. They railroad youngsters and families into banking debt. They glorify thugs and call them millionaire coaches. They don't produce a quality product. They promote an unsustainable ideology, that the diploma is worth something, that those who have it won't be flipping burgers or hammering nails.

I think the education system is at the core of our society's decay and I think the prevalence of mass assaults at schools is a result.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
Guest120615-3
Account Disabled

Education is way overrated. By no means does having a college degree make you smart. I've met women in the hobby without college doing a whole lot better than me financially and are definitely smarter than me too! And I have four advanced degrees.

Well.. you can strip me of everything I have but never take away my education... or some bullshit like that to make me feel better about paying my student loans.
Guest120615-3 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women