Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
test
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60668
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Does a discount offered by a provider influence your decision to see her?
Definitely, Puts her on top of my list, 14 16.28%
Probably, Likely will move her up my list 57 66.28%
Unlikely, may or may not move her up my list 9 10.47%
No influence at all, may even move her down the list 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Toreador_one
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Does a discount offered by a provider influence your decision to see her?

Assumptions,
She is a well reviewed provider that is on your "to do" list
Discount is 10% or more of her regular rate

So in my way to work yesterday, I had to stop for gas, I am approaching the intersection and I have two options, Valero or Chevron

Valero is 2.43 for unleaded, Chevron 2.47. From my orientation, Chevron provided the easiest to access, so I pulled in and noticed I am the only one at the pumps, I looked across the street and there are at least 8 vehicles at the pumps at the Valero and at least one more waiting for a pump.

I look at the flow of traffic, equal amounts coming and going, so both gas stations offered equal access opportunity.

I can only assume it was the cheaper price at the Valero that influenced the decision of most drivers to go there, 0.4 cents/gallon made the difference? (what is that 2% price difference?) Ever noticed that competing gas stations across from each other, often match each others price?, maybe that is why.

Being the hobbyst I am I immediately thought about posting this thread.

YES, this topic has been discussed many times, If you do not care to discuss it again there are many other Treads (and treADS) to go read
YES, A provider can charge whatever she wishes to charge, no point to bring that up again
YES, some provider Never do and never will offer discounts.
PROBABLY is my answer.
Toreador_one is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Just call me stupid, but I always stop at the same gas station for gas, I don't even look at the price. And I guess the analogy works, because once I latch onto an ATF, I keep going to see her, without looking to see if there are "discounts" available elsewhere.
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
Raphael
BANNED

Encounters: 24

I hereby urge all hobbyists to say they only hobby on discount, even if it is not true, and then to send copies of the rigged poll to all the providers they know. ha ha ha.
Raphael is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
houstonphotog
Gaining Momentum

Default Yup.

Discounts are a huge motivator. I've seen too many excited iso threads around here to not know that! TGTBT? TOFTT? Yup; discounts work in any field.

But, add some fresh new pics with that discount and I'm always interested enough to at least take a look...

I think fresh pics and a short notice discount are the easiest way to keep the phone ringing when things go slow.
houstonphotog is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
tracer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Absolutely would make a difference given the assumptions you state. It there are five on the to do list in the same range and one suddenly drops price through a special that would settle it. It is less likely, but still possible, that it could put a lady on the list. Someone well reviewed, but not really on my short list, appears with a great special in an ad may cause me to consider where otherwise I might not have.
tracer is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Toreador_one
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
I hereby urge all hobbyists to say they only hobby on discount, even if it is not true, and then to send copies of the rigged poll to all the providers they know. ha ha ha.
The post is directed to the hobbysts, but nothing stops the providers for answering, We all can guess which of the options they would select.

I wanted this as a poll to provide anonymity as I suspect there are a number of hobbysts that would not openly admit they are influenced by discounts, results so far is what I would had expected.

There are a lot of lower rates out there, some from well reviewed GFE providers, also it appears a larger supply than 6 months ago. Certainly a buyer's market IMHO.
Toreador_one is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Yes, discounts can open the door. I know some guys have price limits, say 200 bucks, and if the lady goes from 225 down to 200, this would probably get him in the door.

However..................if the discount goes so low that it reeks of desperation, that is a different story.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
VENUSNOVA
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 10675
My ECCIE Reviews

Alot of times providers do not post $pecials because once they do their original rate is never respected.

And on a more friendly note, I also know of providers that do not advettise specials yet offer $pecials to gentlemen after they have seen them and have enjoyed their time spent together and those $pecials are ymmv...

I feel that this is the best way to offer a special..because then it is "SPECIAL" and so far its working very well for some.

Wouldnt that make you smile after a great session?

Kisses,
Cercy
VENUSNOVA is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Guest040810-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Whenever I jump on a special its normally someone who is on my list but I haven't seen yet because of my budget or perhaps the incall distance. However, the moment I notice a decent special I will often try and make something happen then knowing that I can always see a lady on my pre-approved list at anytime.

I most favor the type of sessions where the extra time is what gets discounted. One that seems to to snag me everytime are when normal rates are something like 1hr=$200 & 2hr=$400, *Special *2hr = $300.

Then sometimes there are those weeks I want to cry when it looks like a lot of interesting offers appear at the same time. It might come down to weighing whether its a local or touring person and whether I've noticed a same or similar special offered before.

A local well reviewed HDH with a special rate or a rarely visting but very well reviewed gal that is within my budget. Those are toughies.
Guest040810-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
Guest072815
Account Disabled

User ID: 5598
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENUSNOVA View Post
Alot of times providers do not post $pecials because once they do their original rate is never respected.
This is a very very true statement! I ran in to this problem alot this past week!
Guest072815 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
Dstorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Discounts on girls that are already on my watch list will definitely get my attention, increasing the likely hood of me giving them a call versus one of their peers.

There is just a max I am willing to pay. That is different from what I can pay.
Dstorm is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Jasper
Registered Member

Discounts make me think business is off. Which implies something is wromg
Jasper is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Depends on the discount and the provider. There are some providers who could offer $300 discounts on $200 sessions, and I still couldn't be bothered.

For the most part though, 20 bucks or so doesn't mean a whole helluva lot to me. Its not like if I'm on the fence about a provider and she announces a 20 off discount, then all of a sudden I'm in. If I'm on the fence, I'm on the fence. If I plan to see her, I plan to see her. But either way, her rate isn't usually a factor.

However, a significant discount (50-100) will push a provider I plan to see to the top of my short list. That's happened once or twice.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Discounts make me think business is off. Which implies something is wrong
Used to feel that way too, now I think they just want to buy something, not every great provider is a marketing genius. Don't get me started about the flip side of that...
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #15
jacksparrow
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

discounts are good, as long as they don't go down on their service level.
jacksparrow is offline   Quote