Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default 4.5 Million Jobs? Really?

Actually, according to CNN, there are fewer people working now than when Obama took office. I know, it's Bush's fault.

From the article:

The figure of 4.5 million jobs is accurate if you look at the most favorable period and category for the administration. But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/05/politi...html?hpt=hp_c1
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Unemployment insurance ran out for many long ago, and this is where unemployment numbers come from and only shows around 8%. I bet the real number is closer to 12.
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy;3152232

[B
4.5 Million Jobs? Really?[/B]

]Actually, according to CNN, there are fewer people working now than when Obama took office. I know, it's Bush's fault.

From the article:

The figure of 4.5 million jobs is accurate if you look at the most favorable period and category for the administration. But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession.

If you had any sense you coud not blame the recession on Obama. So you start from where it bottomed out.

George Bush ran on creating one million jobs in 2004 and blamed the recession he
inherited.

So is it a strech for Obama to run on 4 million new jobs and blame the recession he inherited?

I do agree with you on the Fed. You seem late to that party. Did you vote for Ron Paul in 2008?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I've been advocating ending the Fed for 40 years. And even though it is none of your business, I did support Ron Paul in 2008. I did not vote for either McCain or Obama. I have not voted for a major party candidate since, I really can't remember. Not sure I ever have.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Oh, and I did campaign for Gene McCarthy in 1968, and George McGovern in 1972. George was a family friend, and one of the most decent people I've ever met, but I wasn't old enough to vote for him then.

How about you, WTF? You're the one who's always supporting bigger and bigger government, and then lie about being a Ron Paul supporter? Who have you voted for? We know it's Obama this time.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

How about you, WTF? You're the one who's always supporting bigger and bigger government, and then lie about being a Ron Paul supporter? Who have you voted for? We know it's Obama this time.
Really, I support bigger and bigger government? I would end SS and Medicare. I would cut Defense by 75%.

But we basically only have two choices. Neither of which I care for but between the two, I usually vote with the Dem's.

1980 Carter
Mondale
Bush
Bush
Clinton
Gore
Kerry
Obama, after voting for Paul in the primary.

I thought Bush I was the best of the lot. Carter deserves much better, Reagan and Clinton get way to much credit, No way I would vote for Bush II, he was my Gov and I thought he was horrible.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Actually, according to CNN, there are fewer people working now than when Obama took office. I know, it's Bush's fault.

From the article:

The answer: It doesn't make sense. It's must more pandering from the press for Obama. The sad thing is whoever said this double-speak, double-negative nonsense actually believes it.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
The answer: It doesn't make sense. It's must more pandering from the press for Obama. The sad thing is whoever said this double-speak, double-negative nonsense actually believes it.

read the entire article .. the source is the BLS, hardly pandering press double speak
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
read the entire article .. the source is the BLS, hardly pandering press double speak
It does not align with her perception of Obama. Therefore she will just say it is a lie, then he hates women....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

well, that too ..

chortle
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Created 4.5 million jobs??? I know a private businessman and he employs about 185 people. In the last three years he says that he has hired about 65 people. He also says that he employed 161 people three years ago. So how do you resolve the numbers? The same way the democrats do; count every job that happens and ignore all the people that quit, got fired, or retired. (in this case just ran out of unemployment insurance)
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Created 4.5 million jobs??? I know a private businessman and he employs about 185 people. In the last three years he says that he has hired about 65 people. He also says that he employed 161 people three years ago. So how do you resolve the numbers? The same way the democrats do; count every job that happens and ignore all the people that quit, got fired, or retired. (in this case just ran out of unemployment insurance)

theres the proof you dont know jack shit
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Would you care to explain so we can all enjoy your wit CJ. What can you expect from a person who uses a luxury jet for an icon?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

From the article:

According to a study released last week by the liberal-leaning National Employment Law Project, low-wage fields such as retail sales and food service are adding jobs nearly three times as fast as higher-paid occupations.

The new jobs being "created" are crappier than the ones we lost. Shouldn't Michelle warn the President that his policies are creating more high calorie, burger flipping jobs? How does that play into their plan to make us all healthy, even if it's against our will?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
From the article:

According to a study released last week by the liberal-leaning National Employment Law Project, low-wage fields such as retail sales and food service are adding jobs nearly three times as fast as higher-paid occupations.
You Moron! Texas Governor and Teapublican front runner )for a while until he faded like all the others) was BRAGGING about Texas creating all these new jobs and the press was reporting that they were lower wage jobs than those lost. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ALLOW COMPANIES TO OUTSOURCE - THEY TRADE AMERICAN JOBS FOR THIRD WORLD WORKERS WHO WILL WORK FOR PENNIES A DAY!

Now, the Teapublicans are wanting to elect a guy who uses that as his business plan along with cutting programs that pour money back into a slowly-recovering economy. Just what we need - Tax Cuts that are PROVEN not to create jobs and an austerity program that exempts defense spending and makes it even harder on the working poor, the elderly, the disabled and those whose jobs have been outsourced.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women